ADVERTISEMENT

Class 3A Teams to Beat in 2018?

Toss this here in the small school thread.. Payton Hutchings of Coal City threw a 7 inning perfect game tonight against Beecher... 21 strikeouts..

Has that ever happened in the IHSA before?

Ok BBC/HHS, you just want to continue to try to one up everyone here I don’t see the point but here you go. Let’s talk about the generalities of a Finance degree at the undergrad level. In reality every student will be studying Business/Evonomics as an undergrad with a focus in Finance, or a focus in Marketing, or Management, or accounting, or etc... so here is the way it breaks down at each university.

At Penn State it is the Finance program in the Smeal College of Business.
At Carnegie Mellon it is a Computation Finance program in the Tepper college of Business
At Johns Hopkins it’s a Minor in Financial Economics in the Center for Financial Economics in the Department of Economics of the Krieger School of Arts & Sciences.

I doubt you understand the subtleties in differences between the degrees but I will say that as undergrad degrees they have several similarities with each owning some individualities. At the end of the day the only degree in Finance that really matters is an MBA with a concentration in Finance.

All said I did find this Article from Hopkins CFE that was interesting and could be used to explain your situation if you were only 15 years younger...

https://cfe.econ.jhu.edu/good-bad-news-jobs-report/

My neighbor kid went to John Hopkins and is an Economics major, thought he told me they do not offer accounting or finance as a major, must have heard him wrong

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
You were the one that said your son wanted to major is something that isn't even a major at the school... and you think others looked foolish??? LOL

You were the one that has been trying to wreck this thread with your pettiness, was a good thread until your fatness got involved in post #45

BBC,

I don’t think “others” look foolish, I think YOU look foolish. Please look deeply into the mirror and see yourself for what you are. You can throw all the insults you like at me, you can try to call out my family, but every time you do I post facts that show you are fooling no one but yourself. Now put down the Highball and go to sleep before you get banned.

You were the one that said your son wanted to major is something that isn't even a major at the school... and you think others looked foolish??? LOL

You were the one that has been trying to wreck this thread with your pettiness, was a good thread until your fatness got involved in post #45

BBC,

I don’t think “others” look foolish, I think YOU look foolish. Please look deeply into the mirror and see yourself for what you are. You can throw all the insults you like at me, you can try to call out my family, but every time you do I post facts that show you are fooling no one but yourself. Now put down the Highball and go to sleep before you get banned.

Like I said and everyone can see, this thread was rolling along very well until you turned into your normal petty self.. you were proven wrong many times in the other thread by me, now you want to make it personal by wrecking this thread.

Now back to the topic... who do you feel are the top 3A teams in Illinois this coming fall??? (this is your chance to redeem yourself)

For the stated purpose of the thread:
3A teams to beat will be the usual teams - minus IC of course. Byron, Wilmington, St. Joe, Williamsville, etc... Mac will be a factor if they qualify.

For the alternate, hijacked portion of the thread:
I'd like to see Jon and jwar turn this around and form an entente. To get it started, I'd suggest a nice dinner at the Old Country Buffet, some bowling at the Stardust followed by highballs at the VFW. Maybe help find some common ground.
Either that or just get a room together at the Champagne Lodge and work out all that tension.

Reactions: Gene K.
Like I said and everyone can see, this thread was rolling along very well until you turned into your normal petty self.. you were proven wrong many times in the other thread by me, now you want to make it personal by wrecking this thread.
I don't know. I vaguely recall a thread where the OP posted information on the accomplishments of a small private school. It was quickly derailed. Some might even say it was hijacked by a certain, unnamed individual who imposed a very different agenda than the OP intended. I'm trying to remember the name of the thread. I thought it had "Fire" in its name.

Reactions: Gene K.
I don't know. I vaguely recall a thread where the OP posted information on the accomplishments of a small private school. It was quickly derailed. Some might even say it was hijacked by a certain, unnamed individual who imposed a very different agenda than the OP intended. I'm trying to remember the name of the thread. I thought it had "Fire" in its name.

I remember someone point out to the bragger that the basketball success was because of the schools declining enrollment (which was true) and others getting their undies in a bunch over it.

For the stated purpose of the thread:
3A teams to beat will be the usual teams - minus IC of course. Byron, Wilmington, St. Joe, Williamsville, etc... Mac will be a factor if they qualify.

Think SJO will be down again... and I know we lost a lot, but in 3A they can win a few games. Our line play should be better, and while do lose an All State QB and good WRs, do return a couple of good backs..

Think SJO will be down again... and I know we lost a lot, but in 3A they can win a few games. Our line play should be better, and while do lose an All State QB and good WRs, do return a couple of good backs..

Herscher been darn good the past few years, are they sure to drop to 3A? Might be a year or two too late. IC was somewhat one dimensional and beatable last year with Ricobene injured.

I remember someone point out to the bragger that the basketball success was because of the schools declining enrollment (which was true) and others getting their undies in a bunch over it.

And I remember someone asking for a negative multiplier for the schools located close to a private school (oops I mean the geography area where the School population lives). Even if they aren’t losIng kids to said private. It’s just the risk that it “could happen” Is why they deserve the negative multiplier.

Last edited:

“We”. I’m assuming you mean Herscher when you say “we”?

Ok the negative multiplier request is making more selfish sense now... you want HHS to get into 3A to try and get a hollow trophy.

Only a clown would make a blowhard empty air negative multiplier request. That person must live in unicorn land if he thinks that would ever pass in the IHSA.

Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong and wrong!
Wrong again
Wrong as usual
And.. (guess what im going to say)...you are wrong

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K. and pjjp
I see efforts here to recreate the magic of the Dumpster Fire thread but it's just not going to happen.

The Dumpster Fire thread was an organic, not contrived event. It was birthed of unique statements and circumstances. There was a history of necessary precursors which yielded a fertile soil for the Dumpster Fire to reach its full glory.

Similar to the 1967 Summer of Love. It just happened. It was beautiful in it's own way. However, that same magic was not there in years to follow. The innocent joy turned to debauchery. Haight-Ashbury is a stinking carcass of what it once was. Only the hangers on go there.

I see efforts here to recreate the magic of the Dumpster Fire thread but it's just not going to happen.

The Dumpster Fire thread was an organic, not contrived event. It was birthed of unique statements and circumstances. There was a history of necessary precursors which yielded a fertile soil for the Dumpster Fire to reach its full glory.

Similar to the 1967 Summer of Love. It just happened. It was beautiful in it's own way. However, that same magic was not there in years to follow. The innocent joy turned to debauchery. Haight-Ashbury is a stinking carcass of what it once was. Only the hangers on go there.

Your right - the magic is gone. It was unique and mystical (like the beautiful unicorn in unicorn land)

But I will offer a different analogy. First loves.

Everyone has that first love. It’s unique - it’s passionate, it’s intense, the physical attraction can be overwhelming. When we all experience it - we are usually very very young. Junior high for some, high school for most, college for some and for HHS about 35.

Then the crash comes. Sometimes it just burns itself out. Others are squashed by an Edgy type parent flushing that relationship down the Toilet bowl like a couple of young turds. You mourn the loss. There will never be another like it (and you are right).

Then the sorrow turns to mostly fond memories over time and the pain of the lost love becomes duller and duller.

Then you meet someone else. Someone new. - the spark is there - it’s different than last time, but just as intense and awesome! You are older - you know yourself better, more mature, you are out on your own (except HHS in the basement) and know how to keep that pesky parent from squashing your new relationship and the magic (in a different format) is back!!

Some day another dumpster fire will walk into our lives and the magic will be back! I guarantee it!! So wipe those tears away everyone! Let only the good memories remain.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K. and Cat Box
“We”. I’m assuming you mean Herscher when you say “we”?

Ok the negative multiplier request is making more selfish sense now... you want HHS to get into 3A to try and get a hollow trophy.

Only a clown would make a blowhard empty air negative multiplier request. That person must live in unicorn land if he thinks that would ever pass in the IHSA.

Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong and wrong!
Wrong again
Wrong as usual
And.. (guess what im going to say)...you are wrong

And if you would have taken the time to read that thread entirely, you would have seen that my comment was tongue in cheek when someone said that multiplier should be adjusted based on ACT scores..

I feel bad for those in Edgy hibernation. There will be regular posters who will emerge from their off season slumber, completely oblivious to the "Summer of Love" which was the Dumpster Fire thread. There will be Dumpster Fire references in future threads that will either go over their heads or cause them to question, "what is this Dumpster Fire you are talking about". People may even call it "DF" for short only to leave the unknowing, uninitiated in the dark.

This is how I feel about Frat Boy and Fratty references. Sadly, he was before my time. The epic posts, which garnered his legendary reputation, I did miss.

Herscher been darn good the past few years, are they sure to drop to 3A? Might be a year or two too late. IC was somewhat one dimensional and beatable last year with Ricobene injured.

Current enrollment is 540, think last year the cutoff was 558... so will be right on that bubble again... obviously competing with schools of 500 is a lot easier than playing schools of 900.. but with Coal City, Wilmo and Manteno on the schedule, could be a 5 or 6 win season.

And if you would have taken the time to read that thread entirely, you would have seen that my comment was tongue in cheek when someone said that multiplier should be adjusted based on ACT scores..

I did read it. But I will re-read it again to verify the claim of “tongue and cheek only”

Link/data to the post please?:(

Current enrollment is 540, think last year the cutoff was 558... so will be right on that bubble again... obviously competing with schools of 500 is a lot easier than playing schools of 900.. but with Coal City, Wilmo and Manteno on the schedule, could be a 5 or 6 win season.

Sounds like Herscher needs to deal about 20 kids off to Bmac to stay under the 4A cutoff. Could be a beautiful partnership.

Sounds like Herscher needs to deal about 20 kids off to Bmac to stay under the 4A cutoff. Could be a beautiful partnership.

Be a good idea.They are like AC, need to increase enrollment or risk closing the doors

How is it that you call someone fat when you yourself are one thick cut pork chop? ffs.

BBC/HHS,

You just have to keep up your trash talk I see. Its so humorous you continue this behavior while calling me petty! He played until his knee got shredded in an unfortunate incident with a DT that was blocked into the side of his knee, tearing the ACL, MCL, & PCL. Never recovered from that injury but Coach Graham kept him around the program in a Student/Player coaching capacity, it was a shame to see Coach Graham released last year. In my opinion he did things right from a student athlete perspective. Here is a clip of Kevin after last seasons upset win over undefeated and top 4 Washington(sorry VooDoo). Yet again you look foolish in your attempt to embarrass someone else.

What years did Kevin play at ASU? Good for him, thats awesome!!

Tell you what Porkchop(I like that name anonymous, I think its gonna stick). Why don't you go ahead and post that Picture from the Bar with your GF for all to see in your Cubs sweatshirt and NSA hat and let everyone else judge your portliness. If I've got you by 100# I've also got you by a foot in height; or theres fact from the picture that truly shows how much more muscle weighs than Fat!

Different levels of fat, he has close to 100 pounds on me.. state law, fat people can still call really fat guys fat..

Now back on Topic...I like Bloomington Central Catholic, Carlinville, and Pleasant Plains, in no particular order. I will also root for anyone playing HHS at any level for a singular reason, that is perfectly clear.

Tell you what Porkchop(I like that name anonymous, I think its gonna stick). Why don't you go ahead and post that Picture from the Bar with your GF for all to see in your Cubs sweatshirt and NSA hat and let everyone else judge your portliness. If I've got you by 100# I've also got you by a foot in height; or theres fact from the picture that truly shows how much more muscle weighs than Fat!

5'11" 207# on the scale about a week ago... need to get my fat ass down below 190 this summer.... contest?????

Its funny listening to you talk about 3A football, throwing darts at a dart board..

Now back on Topic...I like Bloomington Central Catholic, Carlinville, and Pleasant Plains, in no particular order. I will also root for anyone playing HHS at any level for a singular reason, that is perfectly clear.

21-3 last two years, but you are already used to losing to me.. so its all cool

Come on you coward post that beautiful picture of yourself showing off that svelt body of yours. I already said I was fat but at 100# heavier I must be caring a lot more muscle than you are. Again bring it on Chicken legs, can't wait to see your picture. Here's mine.

PS my Son Kevin in the Picture is about 225#, so weight is not the determining factor in how fat someone is or looks, if you haven't figured that out yet.

5'11" 207# on the scale about a week ago... need to get my fat ass down below 190 this summer.... contest?????

Its funny listening to you talk about 3A football, throwing darts at a dart board..

Last edited:
BBC/HHS,

You just have to keep up your trash talk I see. Its so humorous you continue this behavior while calling me petty! He played until his knee got shredded in an unfortunate incident with a DT that was blocked into the side of his knee, tearing the ACL, MCL, & PCL. Never recovered from that injury but Coach Graham kept him around the program in a Student/Player coaching capacity, it was a shame to see Coach Graham released last year. In my opinion he did things right from a student athlete perspective. Here is a clip of Kevin after last seasons upset win over undefeated and top 4 Washington(sorry VooDoo). Yet again you look foolish in your attempt to embarrass someone else.

Horrible about the knee, but Great stuff on the video!! Ohhh my poor Huskies. :eek::( Sundevils really kicked them in the balls that game. If memory serves - I had to shut the TV off it was so bad (for Huskies) and so good (for ASU). I Do like getting the PAC 12 network out here in B1G land

Come on HHS - you stretchin (literally and figuratively)? Is that a true 5’11” or is that a football roster height and more like 5’9”?

I’m not one to go casting stones. In my prime I was 6’ 1” and 225lbs with no body fat (ok maybe 9% but back then they had to dunk you in the tank to get a body fat measurement). Now am about 6’ 1/2inch (yes I’m shrinking) and about 290 (some good weight and a lot bad). If I could get down to 240 I would be lookin svelte for an old guy!

Jwar - it could be that he is shaped like an inverse Pear or a Dorito! All the weight and fat up top and two straws for legs with no weight below the waist. That could account for the 210lb weight along with the sub 6ft height. I’ve seen a few guys lift only for upper body and turn into Doritos! Not good for the football field.

I have tree trunks for legs so a I carry a lot of weight down “below the waist” :rolleyes:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT