ADVERTISEMENT

Chicago to host Bowl Game in 2020

superac777

Aug 28, 2006
3 New Bowls to start in 2020.Chicago will host at Wrigley Field!!! Yes 43 Bowls might be too many but I think it’s neat for Chicago

Reactions: lkhammer57
Let the naming ideas begin ... starting with the pedestrian "Windy City Bowl." I can't wait to read some of the more creative titles that may emerge on this forum.

Let the naming ideas begin ... starting with the pedestrian "Windy City Bowl." I can't wait to read some of the more creative titles that may emerge on this forum.
Not super creative, but if the Yankee stadium bowl is the Pinstripe Bowl, maybe something like the "Friendly Confines Bowl"

How about a less politically correct one, the "Bleacher Bum Bowl"?? hahaha

If they can host colleges, maybe they can host the state championship games?

The 85/15 Bowl presented by Lee Elia. “85% of the world works, the other 15 come out here, its like a playground for them”

The “Tax Slayer Bowl”, enjoy the game and be prepare to dig Illinois out of their hole.

Damnit Jwar! I was going to post that until I read it in your post! Although - Should be the “Tax Increase Bowl” because we aren’t slaying many taxes here in Illinois!

Reactions: jwarigaku
Was kinda going with the taxes are gonna slay you! It’s all good, I was also thinking about “The Mounds Bowl”. You know some times you feel like a nut but at “The Mounds Bowl” you freeze them off.

Damnit Jwar! I was going to post that until I read it in your post! Although - Should be the “Tax Increase Bowl” because we aren’t slaying many taxes here in Illinois!

The Gum Bowl sponsored by Wrigley Chewing Gum? Too obvious.

Governors Classic....where the trophy is a set of handcuffs...

The Atomic Bowl...in honor of the birthplace of the atom bomb...

The Slider Bowl...sponsored by White Castles...

The Halas Bowl...sponsored by the Bears at their original home...

The Gum bowl would be problematic because American gum was invented in Portland ME and Wrigley is a Philadelphia native.

The Atomic bomb was either birthed in New Mexico or Tennessee dependent on which historian you consult, so no!

The Slider Bowl also is a problem because The White Castle Slider comes from Whichita Kansas.

Do the Bears really field a team?

That leaves your only option as the governors bowl and I would think you want at least a little positive spin or humor at the minimum.

The Gum Bowl sponsored by Wrigley Chewing Gum? Too obvious.

Governors Classic....where the trophy is a set of handcuffs...

The Atomic Bowl...in honor of the birthplace of the atom bomb...

The Slider Bowl...sponsored by White Castles...

The Halas Bowl...sponsored by the Bears at their original home...

Reactions: PanthersWildcats86
You know they adjusted dugouts ect during renovations to actually have a full field now, right? Not like that dumb NW game a few years back.

It still has terrible sight-lines for watching a football game.
Too many low seats.
Great place to see the backs of the players on the sidelines.
Of course there is a crowd of people who will buy into anything to do with anything “Wrigley” whether or not it makes sense.
A ton of money will be made.

Too many low seats.
Of course there is a crowd of people who will buy into anything to do with anything “Wrigley” whether or not it makes sense.
Your last sentence is all that matters.......

The only purpose these games serve is to provide programming for ESPN.

Beyond being in a bragging rights pool with my family, I have no interest in how two 6-5 teams do against each other eight weeks after their dismal seasons ended..

The "Stupid Bowl" because it's a stupid idea to play a football game at Wrigley Field.

i was actually on the same thinking. as we witnessed with northwestern game.
no room, and very dangerously small field.

i was actually on the same thinking. as we witnessed with northwestern game.
no room, and very dangerously small field.
The stadium has made changes last off season to make sure it is not too small of a field. The home dugout and seats behind it will be taken out to make space for the football field.

Beyond being in a bragging rights pool with my family, I have no interest in how two 6-5 teams do against each other eight weeks after their dismal seasons ended..

Desperate to fill seats, watch the tie ins be the Big 10 10th team vs. MAC 6th...or something similar...hopin' for a 6-6 Illini, Wildcats, or Irish v. NIU...

Too many low seats.
No doubt a ton of money will be made and that is all that really matters to the people running this. Many who blindly go to the "cult" gatherings at Wrigley throw their right hand up in the air in front of them and yell "Heil Wrigley."

We are in 100% agreement here. Too many bowl games as it is.

Earlier this month the Pac-12 formalized a rule requiring a member team to have 6 wins in order to participate in a bowl game thus eliminating a 5-7 playing to round out the bowl schedule.

ADVERTISEMENT