ADVERTISEMENT

Catholic school guys - question

I'm actually learning something here...yikes!

So, I can understand the solely boys or girls classroom learning environment. I might not agree with it, but I'm not Catholic...Do the neighboring single sex schools have joint social schedules? Do they, for example, share Homecoming? Dances?

Rice and McAuley are the only remaining single gender schools that are adjacent.

Of interest ... students graduated from Little Flower High School in three years.

Meanwhile, in the mid 70s, a friend of m ine's brother transferred from Leo to a SW suburban high school when his family moved. It turned out that he only needed one or two credits to graduate. He got them in summer school.

St. Rita has announced their new President.

Dr. James Quaid has held leadership positions in the Chicago Catholic League, the East Suburban Catholic Conference and the IHSA. He is a Hall of Fame inductee at Fenwick High School and both the Catholic and East Suburban Leagues. He also received a Recognition for Excellence by the Illinois State Board of Education. He has held leadership roles at Fenwick High School, DePaul College Prep and Marmion Academy. During his 39 years in education, he has been a teacher, coach, Dean of Students, Principal, President, Associate Superintendent of Schools.
I hope he's a supporter of the Prep Bowl.

I'm actually learning something here...yikes!

So, I can understand the solely boys or girls classroom learning environment. I might not agree with it, but I'm not Catholic...Do the neighboring single sex schools have joint social schedules? Do they, for example, share Homecoming? Dances?
I know they have separate Hc dances.

Brutal, fans on both sides. Cant believe they didnt put up some temporary stands.
It's worked out fine this year so far. Will need those stands when we get MC back on the schedule thou.

Have you had a problem this year?

Of interest ... students graduated from Little Flower High School in three years.

Meanwhile, in the mid 70s, a friend of m ine's brother transferred from Leo to a SW suburban high school when his family moved. It turned out that he only needed one or two credits to graduate. He got them in summer school.
For me, not being a D-1 talent, I would have had no reason what so ever to want to graduate high school early. Although I was just another stupid teenager, I was smart enough to realize that my high school days were very fun and care-free.

I did however have about 1 1/2 years worth of college credits already by the time I graduated HS Partially due to stuff at Joliet Catholic but mainly due to having a father who was a college math teacher at JJC and had me taking college classes since about the 7th grade. Now I have about 7 1/2 years of college credits but not enough in any one specific field for an Associates Degree. :)

It's worked out fine this year so far. Will need those stands when we get MC back on the schedule thou.

Have you had a problem this year?
This years schedule really doesn't have any neighborhood rivalries so not huge crowds coming in.
But the visiting kids harassing the players gets a little old.

ADVERTISEMENT