ADVERTISEMENT

Catholic school guys - question

Carmels chess team is 2-1 so all this kids only go there for football is nonsense.

you guys do realize niche is BS right. Its like Trip advisor or Yelp.
Do you really think 99% of students from MC go to a 4yr college?

Both Carmel and the whole neighborhood stand to benefit greatly from the Obama Library. The school is bound to see an uptick in enrollment, just as the neighborhood is seeing a rise in real estate prices. In a few years Carmel could be known as Loyola South.
Blue:

The library will be a nice asset. Hopefully the kids will use it.

I'm no trying to gibve you a hard time, but Trip Advisor has been very, very helpful to me in planning travel over the past twenty years. I found some real gems because of it. Seriously.

Yelp has been valuable, as well, usually for restaurants and shopping.

I'm no trying to gibve you a hard time, but Trip Advisor has been very, very helpful to me in planning travel over the past twenty years. I found some real gems because of it. Seriously.

Yelp has been valuable, as well, usually for restaurants and shopping.
Hopefully you won’t be needing Niche.... keep it holstered cowboy!!

Reactions: Blue Ruin

Not sure about 99%, but I am guessing it’s 95%. Catholic schools are so expensive that it would be difficult to justify the tuition unless your kid is planning on going to a 4 year college.

Hopefully you won’t be needing Niche....

keep it holstered cowboy!!

Why the snotty response? What did I say that was so offensive to you? Perhaps, you were just being your usual immature self?. Are you the same guy as Ignazio or MCHS?

Didn’t mean to be snotty or offensive. Was just cracking wise about not having to look at ratings for schools in choosing a school in 12-13 years. I’m not planning that trip for myself and I’m 20 years your junior.

What sets Carmel apart is not the ratings or the reviews but its undeniable mystique. That's why it's a legacy school, and why it has such a large footprint. Guys come from all over to attend Mount Carmel, and a lot of them have family who went there too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K.
What sets Carmel apart is not the ratings or the reviews but its undeniable mystique. That's why it's a legacy school, and why it has such a large footprint. Guys come from all over to attend Mount Carmel, and a lot of them have family who went there too.

lol, "mystique" . :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: USD24
Did you hear the one about the guy who tells a long, laborious joke that no one thinks is funny? He went to Montini.

Did you hear the one about the guy who tells a long, laborious joke that no one thinks is funny? He went to Montini.

I’d be willing to bet a few SR and BR people laughed though. They key to a good joke is to know your audience. Kind of like your joke about mystique and MC.

I am a Montini fan, went to Rita, but honestly, I didn't get what the video joke was all about. Probably due to my senior citizen capabilities. All I got was the apes have no history or reference to get to the banana to eat it. Can I have a clarification on what the implication of this video was? Maybe I missed something. LOL. Still in all MCHS does come up with some good ones! You have to give him credit for the Mystique and MC comment. That one I got!

They key to a good joke is to know your audience.

Maybe so. But as someone else once said, "Brevity is the soul of wit."

I will concede that other schools, especially St. Rita, instill the same fervor in their students, though maybe not to the same degree as Carmel. SR, like MC, is a destination school. Not many end up going there because of its geographical convenience.

Last edited:
Boom! Who didn't know this was coming! Cmon MC63, give the football players at Montini a "little" credit. They play the games they have to on the schedule not the coaches, teachers or school administration. Same goes for JCA, and a lot of other smaller schools.

I respect the coaches, players, etc ... it's the notion that these schools claim a state championship when they complete against much less sophisticated programs. They shouldn't be in 5A or even 6A.

If you play the big boys during the season, play 'em in November or stop bragging.

Gene - my thoughts here, have no bearing on my respect for you.

If I remember Montini beat mc a couple years ago , so quit blowing your horn ,these are kids give them some credit

Come on Mc. That’s not fair. It would be the equivalent of the big dog from wilmette minimizing Mc due to classification.

We're right where we should be ...a 7a schedule (mostly) and a a7A post season. No big deal.

If we fell down to 6a for a second season, the alumni would howl.

If I remember Montini beat mc a couple years ago , so quit blowing your horn ,these are kids give them some credit

I have never ---never -- disrespected the kids. Yes, they beat us a few years back -- which is further proof that they shouldn't be in 5a.

Does anyone know if teams can petition up anymore?

Actually you are. Get on your rascal and drive south in a northbound lane already...

Why do you make such a big deal out of age? Are there older men in your family? Do you give them grief about something so insignificant? Or, are you simply desperate for ammunition?

Would you mind telling us how old you are? I'm 74.

Why do you make such a big deal out of age? Are there older men in your family? Do you give them grief about something so insignificant? Or, are you simply desperate for ammunition?

Would you mind telling us how old you are? I'm 74.

I use the age jokes because you usually take the bait. Nothing better than a fun old timer, nothing worse than a curmudgeonly old timer. If I make it, my plan is to act like a teen when I’m in my 70s. IF I get to my 90s, I’ll be the guy hitting on the nurses in the old folks home.

52 here.

They go where they are placed, be it multiplier or multiplier and success factor.
Did have to look out of curiosity but they only beat carmel by 8 in last years dual and no match 2 years prior. But that's the end of my effort looking, haha.
Now rita, rice, marist on the other hand wiped the mats with be an understatement.

Wrestling at LA has been the forgotten stepchild. They hired a new coach just this year. A supposed stud and NCAA champion from Oklahoma State. We all hope he can get it going and gets the support from the school

Wrestling at LA has been the forgotten stepchild. They hired a new coach just this year. A supposed stud and NCAA champion from Oklahoma State. We all hope he can get it going and gets the support from the school
*State champ.

YES, MC can petition up to 8A.
Don’t tell him that football enrollment, which placed you in a classification the average of your opponent enrollment, was in effect for most of JC’s “lower class” championships.

Only the 2018 title can be questioned in that regard. So even removing that one, JC still beats MC in total titles.

Let us also leave out the 99 and 00 seasons in which JC won 4a and MC 5A both years. And JC beat MC both years, and quite handily in 2000. And there was no “opt up,” success factor, or multiplier option those years. But rest assured, if there was, MC would have 2 fewer state titles.

Did have to look out of curiosity but they only beat carmel by 8 in last years dual and no match 2 years prior. But that's the end of my effort looking, haha.
Now rita, rice, marist on the other hand wiped the mats with be an understatement.
Montinis wrestling has beaten mount Carmel 16 out of the last 17 times they have wrestled.

Rice is the safe easy choice for most in the area. No girls, not in a rough area. They'll always get kids because of that. Dont see where carmel would even get girls from, wont be from over here.
Think carmel got the most from southwest side in awhile. With the school improvements and success of the freshman team over the other 3 this year that number may go up.

I'm going to show my rural view here...Rice has no girls. But Mother McAuley is on the other side of the stadium. St. Xavier is next door. What is the point of a boys only school where the girls only school is across the yard to the east, and the university to the south? Is it common to build the "all-boys" school and the "all-girls" school on the same campus? Would it be so incredibly difficult to consolidate Rice & McAuley if things got to that point?

ADVERTISEMENT