ADVERTISEMENT

Carmel's Weigman brothers

pjjp

Gold Member
Aug 27, 2001
Soph, Andrew, and freshman, Ben, are both already commited to Louisville. Andrew leads off and plays shortstop. Ben is one of the Corsair's top pitchers and bats third. How's this for an opening weekend of ESCC play? Carmel swept Marist, winning 6-4 and 12-1. Andrew was 3 for 5 (including a double and HR) with three walks. Ben was 4 for 6 and pitched the win in the second game. Looks like Carmel's baseball fortunes are pretty bright for years to come with these two.

Soph, Andrew, and freshman, Ben, are both already commited to Louisville. Andrew leads off and plays shortstop. Ben is one of the Corsair's top pitchers and bats third. How's this for an opening weekend of ESCC play? Carmel swept Marist, winning 6-4 and 12-1. Andrew was 3 for 5 (including a double and HR) with three walks. Ben was 4 for 6 and pitched the win in the second game. Looks like Carmel's baseball fortunes are pretty bright for years to come with these two.

Hilltoppers swept Carmel over the weekend and beat Marist on Monday. JC now leads the ESCC with a 5-0 record. Seem to be playing better. Started 4 sophs Monday, including starting pitcher who went the distance in the 4-1 win.

I've heard JC's soph class is strong. They took some early lumps. Hopefully, they continually improve for the probable showdown with Lemont in the regionals. That would be a "must see" game with some additional storylines.

I've heard JC's soph class is strong. They took some early lumps. Hopefully, they continually improve for the probable showdown with Lemont in the regionals. That would be a "must see" game with some additional storylines.
Varsity got beat by Marist last night 10-6 with another soph on the mound. The freshmen and soph classes at JC are very good. Even with the kids moved up, both the lower level teams are 15-1

JC varsity picks up a nice 1-0 win vs Marian Catholic to take over sole possession of first place in the ESCC. Hilltoppers improve to 13-10 overall and 8-1 in conference.

Hilltoppers continue to roll. Beat Benet yesterday 6-3. Improve to 17-10 and 12-1 in the ESCC.

ESCC down this year, or did JCA just get off to that slow a start?
I think it is probably a combination of both. JCA is very young and has taken a while to get it together. I do think the ESCC is a little down. The teams that are typically real strong (Naz, Benet, Marist) are all down this year.

JCA beat Benet again yesterday 6-1 to continue their hot streak. 18-10 after starting the year 3-7

ADVERTISEMENT