ADVERTISEMENT

Carmel

I assume Foosball1 in his "Left a school divided" comment is referring to the faction of people against the firing of Bitto and the way it was handled...versus the other faction of people that supported the removal of Bitto. I guess there could be a third faction that thought is was time for Bitto to step down, but didn't like the way admin handled the situation (to put it nicely). That's how I interpret the comment.

Reactions: foosball1
I won't mention names, or confirm anyone's guess, but a name familiar around Carmel that starts with a "P" I have heard rumor of being a good candidate. Don't know how good that information is, but you heard it here first! :)

Your info was right about "P" but he along with another one who was on the coaching staff this past season did not make the final cut. All outsiders

Your info was right about "P" but he along with another one who was on the coaching staff this past season did not make the final cut. All outsiders
They are better off getting somebody that was not involved with the school at all in the past! Start a new! It will be easier on the administration, the school staff and the present AD!

Reactions: lkhammer57
They are better off getting somebody that was not involved with the school at all in the past! Start a new! It will be easier on the administration, the school staff and the present AD!
I tend to agree. Regardless Carmel football has a long way to go to regain former glory.

I tend to agree. Regardless Carmel football has a long way to go to regain former glory.
You see the program is down, at the bottom especially after the transfers! Unless the school closes, it can really only go up! A new outside guy comes in with the freedom to run his own program will have the best success! That's my opinion anyway!

Reactions: lkhammer57
You see the program is down, at the bottom especially after the transfers! Unless the school closes, it can really only go up! A new outside guy comes in with the freedom to run his own program will have the best success! That's my opinion anyway!

Similar scenario was at Marian of the Heights. AD/Football coach resigns, FB program struggling, AD hires a "Marian of the Heights" guy and it fails miserably.

I feel new blood would have helped Marian.
Hopefully CC will not make the same mistake.

Similar scenario was at Marian of the Heights. AD/Football coach resigns, FB program struggling, AD hires a "Marian of the Heights" guy and it fails miserably.

Well I have always heard that if the HC is resigning, and the team is a successful program, you look to hire from within first! If the program is not successful, then you go outside the program.

Reactions: mullin17

No one was keeping Marian from becoming HF's minor league team after they built that facility.

No one was keeping Marian from becoming HF's minor league team after they built that facility.
Agreed, but a new approach/coach when the Marian of the Heights program was struggling already might have helped a little bit.

Agreed, but a new approach/coach when the Marian of the Heights program was struggling already might have helped a little bit.

There only hope is to get out of the ESCC and get in a weaker conference.

That is not going to happen. The ESCC is a perfect fit in pretty much every other sport.

Well football is what drives conference switches but yeah probably not going anywhere. No where to really go.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT