ADVERTISEMENT

Can we all agree? Or maybe not!

Gene K.

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2016
Plainfield, Illinois
Despite all the back and forth among various high school football supporters, can we all agree on the following:

Teams such as Montini, Loyola, Naz, LWE, Batavia, East St. Louis, Phillips, Rita, BR, PR, CG, LZ, DeKalb, Sterling, Coal City, ICCP, Wilmington, and too many other high school football programs not mentioned here are the reasons we enjoy Edgy Tim's free board.

What I find so interesting is the deeply felt support for all our high school football teams and the passions stirred up when teams play each other. Reviewing the comments, predictions, and various other posts really makes my day! Except for a few knuckle heads, it is quite apparent that so many of the posters are really astute as to the how the game of football is played or should be played.

Watching young men and their coaches prepare for a game and then give their all on game day is something to be treasured by the players and fans alike. The lessons learned on the football field, taught by quality coaches, is something which they can take with them as they go forward in life. Friendships made on the football field will usually be a life time friendship. That's high school football to me. Thanks Edgy for allowing us to be a part of it, even though we can no longer play the game.

Despite all the back and forth among various high school football supporters, can we all agree on the following:

Teams such as Montini, Loyola, Naz, LWE, Batavia, East St. Louis, Phillips, Rita, BR, PR, CG, LZ, DeKalb, Sterling, Coal City, ICCP, Wilmington, and too many other high school football programs not mentioned here are the reasons we enjoy Edgy Tim's free board.

What I find so interesting is the deeply felt support for all our high school football teams and the passions stirred up when teams play each other. Reviewing the comments, predictions, and various other posts really makes my day! Except for a few knuckle heads, it is quite apparent that so many of the posters are really astute as to the how the game of football is played or should be played.

Watching young men and their coaches prepare for a game and then give their all on game day is something to be treasured by the players and fans alike. The lessons learned on the football field, taught by quality coaches, is something which they can take with them as they go forward in life. Friendships made on the football field will usually be a life time friendship. That's high school football to me. Thanks Edgy for allowing us to be a part of it, even though we can no longer play the game.

Yes we can all agree. Nice post and thanks Edgy for allowing us to enjoy Illinois HS Football.

Reactions: Gene K.
Very innovative sandbagging technique you've got there Geno: win folks over to your side in Week 5 so that they're friendly to you from Week 10 on.

I admire the subterfuge. But not falling for it.
I fell for it...and for that Geno, I award you the following trophy bestowed on only a few:

The Wet-T-Shirt Trophy! Please share with Edgy...like it's The Stanley Cup!

26635-634916173389430000.jpg

Very innovative sandbagging technique you've got there Geno: win folks over to your side in Week 5 so that they're friendly to you from Week 10 on.

I admire the subterfuge. But not falling for it.
I haven’t been on this board too long but Gene seems like one of the more non-confrontational dudes amongst some trolls that just want to stir the pot, about high school football as we seem to forget.

Last edited:
I know it's only week 5 but its been a pretty calm year so far as far as the crap talking and people talking out of their asses.

Sterling.Super Nice people.The Golden Warriors!!! Watched them fall in some pretty cold aka perfect football weather in 1982 to the Kelly Green,Gold & White Of Joliet East Kingsmen in sadly their last game ever

Wilmington is little but good.I think they could take everyone except Richards in that Conference.Last time I watched Wilmington live was when my Grandpa Mike RIP took me to see them play the Kayhawks of Kankakee Westview!!!

Thank you everyone for your posts. After seeing some of the negative back and forth in some of the posts, the so called "demise of HS football", etc., I just thought it important to reiterate what is truly important about high school football. The young men who play the game and their future.

Reactions: Bowie50
ADVERTISEMENT