ADVERTISEMENT

Can Brother Rice win it all?

biglatte

Feb 1, 2006
Do you think because of the loss to OPRF all of the momentum is gone from their season?

I dont see how 1 extra inning loss after a 30 game win streak will take away all their momentum. They have a very nice team, I think they can but their road to a championship is no joke.

Reactions: biglatte
Do you think because of the loss to OPRF all of the momentum is gone from their season?
Might be the best thing that happened to them. Refocuses their efforts on winning state, but as was mentioned above, it's a tough road. And the single-elimination tournament is a format that lends itself to upsets.

Rice can easily win State. I saw them play a couple times this year, they have great pitching, they make very few mistakes, and they grind out runs...they had an off day against OPRF, all teams do, they are the favorites in my mind unless they run into a dominate pitcher.

Aaaaah yep, BR sure can win state, but it's baseball so no guarantees. OPRF loss re-grounded them, actually night have helped, we'll see soon enough. Whatever anyone feels, don't count out the 2x 4A defending champs. Looks like they are hitting the usual Celtic post season stride right about now!

Well, the answer is a "no" following their defeat against St. Laurence. BR beat a very good Rita team only to play another great team in St. Laurence. The Vikings beat BR, 4 - 3. I hope Larry and PC meet in the finals.

Would be nice indeed, but unfortunately they will meet in semis if they both take care of business in the supers. Great season by BR, their streak of 23 straight versus CCL teams was most impressive. It's a shame the IHSA can't spread these teams out, the game today was classic with one very good program going home way to early IMO.

Would be nice indeed, but unfortunately they will meet in semis if they both take care of business in the supers. Great season by BR, their streak of 23 straight versus CCL teams was most impressive. It's a shame the IHSA can't spread these teams out, the game today was classic with one very good program going home way to early IMO.

It does suck that all these great teams are in the same regional/sectional year in and out, but that is the case for everyone, basically. Since all teams make the playoffs, spreading them out would be very difficult, but BR has played in other regionals before. Not sure why they moved BR into the annual MC-SL-SR regional.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT