ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Kelly to LSU

The incident was investigated by the University LOL. Obviously there was an agenda to find no wrongdoing.
A young mans life ended because filming practice had more value to coaches than his life. Anyone with a lick of sense or caring would have told Declan to get off of the tower.
Was investigated by OSHA. Did you literally not look anything up?

The incident was investigated by the University LOL. Obviously there was an agenda to find no wrongdoing.
A young mans life ended because filming practice had more value to coaches than his life. Anyone with a lick of sense or caring would have told Declan to get off of the tower.
If OSHA = University, then you are right. Didn't know OSHA had an agenda to protect private universities.

Reactions: colin2229
Was investigated by OSHA. Did you literally not look anything up?
I actually did read the WNDU Article published 10/27/20. A quote from the article ” The school investigated immediately and found no one acted in disregard for safety”.
The universities investigation was a bunch of crap. Anyone with any common sense knew that he nor anyone else should not have been on any platform that day. Safety of students is the responsibility of the University and football team.
I did not mention the OSHA investigation and subsequent fine. My point was about the uncaring and reckless nature of the coaching staff.
If the schools actions were not reckless then why did OSHA fine them?

Reactions: bronco man
I have spent thousands of hours on aerial lifts, scissors lifts, scaffolds, forklifts etc. For each of those I have had to take a course on safety and operation. After a test was passed I received a card specific to each class. Equipment has, or should have, a tag or chart attached. This chart will give you the limitations of the equipment or the machine. Loading limits, wind limits etc. certainly a university with the stature of Notre Dame should have the means to send anybody involved with this equipment to a training course and have them get the appropriate card.

If the appropriate course was taken then somebody with a card was extremely reckless with The responsibility they took when they received the card.

If the course was not taken and nobody had a card this was extremely reckless on the part of the university for not seeing to it that the people involved were trained.

OSHA did investigate and find the University. I believe it was $77,500. The University investigated and found nothing, come on man.

Reactions: bronco man
That LSU Tiger fan base can be a different breed of cat. Kelly has got some stones going out of his Mideast Ohio/Indiana lane to head deep into the South.

Reactions: USD24
That LSU Tiger fan base can be a different breed of cat. Kelly has got some stones going out of his Mideast Ohio/Indiana lane to head deep into the South.
He has enough fake flava to get the St. Augustine kids etc...but will also need to live down his first gig out of college (Poli Sci major, 1984) when he rubs elbows with the good ol boys .

Reactions: johnndoe
Not a good start for Kelly. Tried to attract much of his staff down to the Bayou and was rebuffed by just about all of them, all opting to stay in South Bend.

I always found him very unlikeable and this is certainly a red flag at the start of his LSU journey. He could still kill it there, but a couple of seasons of 3 and 4 losses and the pitchforks will be out.

Reactions: USD24 and colin2229
Not a good start for Kelly. Tried to attract much of his staff down to the Bayou and was rebuffed by just about all of them, all opting to stay in South Bend.

I think this is good thing to many coaches take jobs and the first thing they do is they bring their staff with them then after year or two start firing them since they aren’t a good fit at the new school. It sounds like he will retain a few of the guys currently at LSU and fill in with other guys.

I think this greatly helps their chances of somehow finding their way into the college playoff. Can you imagine if ND somehow finds their way in and wins the whole thing w/o Kelly???? Man, that’s be awesome.
Would be like when Michigan won the hoops title in 89 when their coach bolted for ASU.

Reactions: whitesox05
I think this is good thing to many coaches take jobs and the first thing they do is they bring their staff with them then after year or two start firing them since they aren’t a good fit at the new school. It sounds like he will retain a few of the guys currently at LSU and fill in with other guys.
Maybe so. But it will certainly create an adjustment period with a whole new staff.

And it certainly isn’t a good omen that none of the assistants felt so strongly connected to their former boss that they had to join him at his new stop even with a substantial raise.

just feeds the narrative that Brian Kelly is all about Brian Kelly. Not that that isn’t true for many or even most coaches, but it seems particularly true of him.

I’ll be interested to see how it shakes out. Lesser coaches like orgeron and miles have won national titles there. He certainly can too. But I think it’s every bit as likely that he loses 2,3 or 4 games each year and then the LSU people run him out of town after 3 or 4 years of that.

Reactions: Alexander32
just feeds the narrative that Brian Kelly is all about Brian Kelly. Not that that isn’t true for many or even most coaches, but it seems particularly true of him.

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- On a winter night in Mount Pleasant, Michigan, Matt LaFleur and Robert Saleh thought they were invited to a party at the home of their boss, Central Michigan University football coach Brian Kelly.

Turns out, they weren’t on the guest list.

They were on the worker list.

"We shoveled the snow and parked all the cars," Saleh said. "Then, at the end of the night, we had to go get the cars again."

And then they went back to the tiny apartment they shared as graduate assistants and stood around their kitchen table -- the one without any chairs.

"We decided that when we’re in that position, we’re never going to treat people the way we got treated," said Saleh, now the San Francisco 49ers defensive coordinator. "And Matty’s lived up to it."

There's a lot wrong with college football and I'm certainly a homer for ND, but that was awesome. So cool to see those kids excited about their new coach.

With respect to the players, it's obvious they got the guy the players wanted and respected. Seems like a solid guy. I hope he can manage an entire team and manage the entirety of gameday like he has with just the defensive side of ball.

Reactions: USD24 and dweise
I hope they find a way into the playoffs. Man that’d be awesome.

Not sure about you guys but I’m excited about the prospects of Cincy or Ok St.

Georgia
Bama
Mich
ND

PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN COMMITTEE!!

I hope they find a way into the playoffs. Man that’d be awesome.

Not sure about you guys but I’m excited about the prospects of Cincy or Ok St.

Georgia
Bama
Mich
ND

PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN COMMITTEE!!
Bama has to be out if they lose tomorrow.

ND can’t go in over Cincy if the bearcats win. ND needs to hope for 2 of Bama, Cincy and Oklahoma state to lose.

Bama has to be out if they lose tomorrow.

ND can’t go in over Cincy if the bearcats win. ND needs to hope for 2 of Bama, Cincy and Oklahoma state to lose.
ND has zero signature wins. The fact that they are number 6 is a joke.

It is a weird year in college football. Not many teams with signature wins and less than 2 losses.
All 3 teams you would vault them over have conference championship games that ND willfully chooses to avoid. Plus Cincy beat them head up. Don't see the jump

All 3 teams you would vault them over have conference championship games that ND willfully chooses to avoid. Plus Cincy beat them head up. Don't see the jump
I wouldn’t put them in but what option will the committee have if two of Bama, Oklahoma State, Michigan or Cincy lose?

Reactions: JCHillmen
Who is better and should be above them at 6? Also, they have never scheduled an FCS team like everyone else does. You apparently have no problem with those teams taking a week off during season by playing an FCS team. Also, look up how many teams scheduled a bye week before they played ND this year.

Would it make you feel better if ND kicked Iowa's ass or the ACC runner up this weekend? Lastly, look up strength of schedule. NDs schedule stacks up with anyone's.

Who is better and should be above them at 6? Also, they have never scheduled an FCS team like everyone else does. You apparently have no problem with those teams taking a week off during season by playing an FCS team. Also, look up how many teams scheduled a bye week before they played ND this year.

Would it make you feel better if ND kicked Iowa's ass or the ACC runner up this weekend? Lastly, look up strength of schedule. NDs schedule stacks up with anyone's.
I did look it up before I stated that. They make their own schedule (by choice). That makes who they play and their lack of an extra game their problem. They scheduled the powerhouse Toledo instead of an FCS. Whoopty do (not sure of the spelling, but I like the sound of it).

I wouldn’t put them in but what option will the committee have if two of Bama, Oklahoma State, Michigan or Cincy lose?
They've made similar decisions before where they put in lesser teams over teams more deserving based on name recognition and eye test.

They've made similar decisions before where they put in lesser teams over teams more deserving based on name recognition and eye test.
The thing is there are not many options. Ohio State has been exposed twice. Big 10 West was awful. No one in the ACC is any good. PAC 12 has no one. Oklahoma lost twice and beat no one. SEC East is bad aside from Georgia. SEC West has Bama and maybe Ole Miss.
In previous years there have been very good teams left out. This year seems like Georgia and then a big gap. Maybe Bama changes that tomorrow. The good thing is it looks like there will at least be some different teams in the mix for the first time in awhile.

Yep. I agree ND is not very good. But if 2 of those teams lose they are assured a spot. Any 2 lose and they are in almost for certain. There just isn’t anyone else to put in over them.

you can argue all day long that a one loss Cincy is more deserving and better than a one loss ND and you would be correct. But a 1 loss Cincy has zero shot at even sniffing the top 8, much less the top 4. That’s just the reality of how the committee treats Group of 5 teams.

it is also true that a 2 loss bama is better than ND, especially because they will have played one additional game. But they aren’t putting in a 2 loss Bama unless they lost to Georgia tomorrow in double overtime or something epic like that.

Last edited:
ND plays a great schedule. Just so happens everyone on it was having a down year.

FSU
STANFORD
USC
NORTH CAROLINA
CINCINNATI
WISC
VA TECH

Alll traditional top 25 teams that were down except Cincy.

Yep. I agree ND is not very good. But if 2 of those teams lose they are assured a spot. Any 2 lose and they are in almost for certain. There just isn’t anyone else to put in over them.

you can argue all day long that a one loss Cincy is more deserving and better than a one loss ND and you would be correct. But a 1 loss Cincy has zero shot at even sniffing the top 8, much less the top 4. That’s just the reality of how the committee treats Group of 5 teams.
I’d rather not see Cincy in it. Other than ND their schedule is brutal. Even their non-con is bad except for ND.

Opened up w Miami (OH) and Murray St? Cmon. You want to play in the playoff you should schedule better than (1) legit program.

ND plays a great schedule. Just so happens everyone on it was having a down year.

FSU
STANFORD
USC
NORTH CAROLINA
CINCINNATI
WISC
VA TECH

Alll traditional top 25 teams that were down except Cincy.
All traditional? I guess that depends on your definition. Out if all those teams I would only consider Wisconsin consistently good. Stanford coming in second. All others have had coaching turnover due to poor performance. Not sure why you included Cincinnati.

All traditional? I guess that depends on your definition. Out if all those teams I would only consider Wisconsin consistently good. Stanford coming in second. All others have had coaching turnover due to poor performance. Not sure why you included Cincinnati.
Cincy has been a traditional Top 25 ever since Kelly was there (Butch Davis and Luke Fickell have hadSeveral top 25 teams after Kelly)

I’d rather not see Cincy in it. Other than ND their schedule is brutal. Even their non-con is bad except for ND.

Opened up w Miami (OH) and Murray St? Cmon. You want to play in the playoff you should schedule better than (1) legit program.
Not that they consider last year but Cincy did play Georgia to the end last year in the bowl game. That being said I am not sure Cincy would have won the Big Ten West if asked to. They are benefitting from Clemson, OSU, Oklahoma and others being down this year.

What do you think Cincy’s record if they play Nebraska’s schedule? Oklahoma, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan state, Michigan and Ohio State would probably have giving them 3-4 losses.

Last edited:

I agree. But it doesn’t matter. The current rankings tell us exactly what will happen if chalk wins out this weekend. Cincy wins and they are in. Lose and they will tumble to number 10 or 12.

Last edited:
If Cincy wins they should be in. If Okie Light gets in then the whole 4 team playoff needs to be burnt to the ground.

How about that 9/3/22 game to kick off the season on Labor Day weekend? Marcus coming home to take on the Buckeyes. These two teams were a year away this year and probably overachieved. Gonna be a sledgehammer game in Ohio Stadium!

Reactions: RockSoup
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT