ADVERTISEMENT

Brackets

DeanOfSelection

Gold Member
Sep 25, 2002
I just took a glance. BR is still going to have to beat SR again at Rita then StL/MC then maybe a Plainfield North 3 in a row. Playoffs definitely formatted very poorly.

I just took a glance. BR is still going to have to beat SR again at Rita then StL/MC then maybe a Plainfield North 3 in a row. Playoffs definitely formatted very poorly.

In 3A, they put teams in brackets that are different from the subsection they were originally placed in . LWW and Herscher were originally in Sub-section A in LWW sectional with JCA and Lemont., However, they were flipped with Tinley Park and Morgan Park when the brackets were made. Interesting.

I mean at the very least if Rice is the 1 they should host. Something like that.

In 3A, they put teams in brackets that are different from the subsection they were originally placed in . LWW and Herscher were originally in Sub-section A in LWW sectional with JCA and Lemont., However, they were flipped with Tinley Park and Morgan Park when the brackets were made. Interesting.
When I see stuff like that, I wonder if the people who are posting in this thread care more about the seeds, tournament and process than the people actually putting it together. I will say. I do like the move away from a strict regional setup where Lemont, LWW and JCA played each other every year in the same regional. But, what was the point of the sub-sectional groupings, if they were not going to stick with them, as you pointed out?

Why do they seed so early? What if MC beat Rice 3 in a row and StL wins at Rice today?

Why do they seed so early? What if MC beat Rice 3 in a row and StL wins at Rice today?
No idea. It is all done online and takes about five minutes. If the venues are set, you could seed them 3-5 days before the tourney starts. You would get truer seeds. It works for the NCAA

I don't think baseball is a priority. It's not a "revenue" sport for the IH$A, and it doesn't generate much interest.

Anytime I have seen games in Crestwood at night always TONS of people. MC-Lockport, JC-PC etc. Definitely could make some money if they had a tourney u had to qualify for and seeded properly and had night games.

Anytime I have seen games in Crestwood at night always TONS of people. MC-Lockport, JC-PC etc. Definitely could make some money if they had a tourney u had to qualify for and seeded properly and had night games.
Dean I follow MC baseball page on Facebook, and have been keeping track with the box scores, have you noticed since Thomas went to leadoff he's been struggling?

ADVERTISEMENT