Naper North 77-72 over Wheaton North
Bolingbrook 78-66 over Joliet West

Fremd 43-42 over Conant
Jacobs 62-39 over Larkin

Whitney Houston 73-55 over OPRF
Evanston 81-68 over Waukegan

Edwardsville 81-59 over Danville
Simeon 69-52 over Thornton

Congrats to my Huskies for advancing to the super sectionals for just the 2nd time in school history. Hopefully Cross Bones will look past us on Tuesday. In 3a... Rita falls tonight and Fenwick advances.

Last edited:
Cameron Krutwig of Jacobs 20 points, 19 Rebounds, 8 Assists, 15 Blocks. Also in a rout for 30-1 Jacobs

Who blocks someone 15 times? Good grief...

@NNFAN I doubt they're overlooking you guys, you beat Evanston.

That Simeon-Edwardsville is going to be a doozie.

IHSA should not have the SS all on the same day. I would no doubt go to ISU to see Eddie/Simeon if it was on a different day than The Beloved vs NN. They're missing an opportunity to double dip.

Theres a couple full games posted in the other thread. They arguably have the single best player (although our friends in Evanston would love to debate) and another imposing force. My question though is--as everyone remembers I previously said Evanston was the best team decisively--can The Brook beat Naperville North who was able to defeat the 'Kits?

It may very well be that the Huskies from the North Side of Naperville are the best team right now as we speak. @ClownBaby @NNFAN @EvanstonCat (I dont know who you are but youre the only one with Evanston in your name) can my Raiders pull off the stunner?

Undetermined. Was committed to pitch at Mizzou but has not changed focus to hoops. Illinois has offered and Ohio State's coach watched last night's game. It's a toss up presently.
Illini fired Groce a few minutes ago, not sure they would be pick now. I heard Northwestern would love to have him, that'd be a great fit.

Reactions: Cross Bones
Theres a couple full games posted in the other thread. They arguably have the single best player (although our friends in Evanston would love to debate) and another imposing force. My question though is--as everyone remembers I previously said Evanston was the best team decisively--can The Brook beat Naperville North who was able to defeat the 'Kits?

It may very well be that the Huskies from the North Side of Naperville are the best team right now as we speak. @ClownBaby @NNFAN @EvanstonCat (I dont know who you are but youre the only one with Evanston in your name) can my Raiders pull off the stunner?
Do you think Smith outplayed Goodwin in that match up? I could see an argument for both players.

@Cross Bones I think the game will be determined by how NN decides to play it. If NN try's to run with BB they lose by 20 but if they play to their strength they have a chance at pulling the upset but will still lose in a close game.

NN has 3 bigs who can pack the lane in defense and rebound very well so if the are lucky the will force BB into mid range jumpers and control the boards. On offense NN is just going to pound the ball to their stud down and the block. If can hit some 3's on the kick outta they will make it interesting. I predict something like BB 57-49.

It was good once to see the DVC not suck at basketball NN, WN and WWS all had very good teams this year.

Reactions: Cross Bones
Do you think Smith outplayed Goodwin in that match up? I could see an argument for both players.

From what I remember I don't think they guarded each other that much in the matchup I saw (but I could be mistaken) so it was hard for me say who got the better of the other. Not to mention I look at a PG and a SG differently. I think it would be safe to say they both balled like no hair. I do like the Eastern kid from Evanston as well. He does everything. I am sure Smith's 45 are better than the 96 from that kid from CA though. Buddy didnt even cross the half court line on defense. I suppose our buddies from Thornton would also want to discuss along with our friends from Jacobs. Turns out the official number of blocks was only 11, but some sources had 15. Either way who blocks 11 shots?

@Cross Bones I think the game will be determined by how NN decides to play it. If NN try's to run with BB they lose by 20 but if they play to their strength they have a chance at pulling the upset but will still lose in a close game.

NN has 3 bigs who can pack the lane in defense and rebound very well so if the are lucky the will force BB into mid range jumpers and control the boards. On offense NN is just going to pound the ball to their stud down and the block. If can hit some 3's on the kick outta they will make it interesting. I predict something like BB 57-49.

It was good once to see the DVC not suck at basketball NN, WN and WWS all had very good teams this year.

Those 3 bigs clogging the lane can be a real problem if our shots arent dropping, and like I said in the other thread. We just don't shoot jumpers. If I were a betting man I would bet that 90+ % of our points come from the lane and at the FT line.

CB, if 10 years ago some edgy poster from the future would have told us that the playoffs werent happening in football, but our two programs would have a combined 3 losses in hoops in 2017 safe to say we would have laughed him out of the tavern. But here we are. lol

Reactions: ClownBaby
Everyone moans about it in football - the best match ups happen too early. With hoops, you'd think there could be a better way than Simeon and Eville playing before Peoria.

Whose to say they are the two best teams? Evanston beat Simeon already and Edwardsville has really only played against their conference. There are some really good teams left and this year and if I had to pick a team to win it all I would put my money on Bolingbrook.

Some people are calling the Edwardsville/Simeon tilt the defacto 4A 3rd/4th place game. Not me, but some people.

Undetermined. Was committed to pitch at Mizzou but has not changed focus to hoops. Illinois has offered and Ohio State's coach watched last night's game. It's a toss up presently.
Hopefully, who ever the Illini hire will b able to land him

Whose to say they are the two best teams? Evanston beat Simeon already and Edwardsville has really only played against their conference. There are some really good teams left and this year and if I had to pick a team to win it all I would put my money on Bolingbrook.

Evanston beating Simeon was a result of playing for the City Championship the next day. In the city, that is equally or more important that a state championship.

Evanston beating Simeon was a result of playing for the City Championship the next day. In the city, that is equally or more important that a state championship.

Evanston was up by 8 when Simeon sat their starters and it became a blowout. Simeon may be the better team but when they were matched up with starters against starters Evanston was up. Not to mention that Whitney Young is still alive so it's a bit pre mature to act like Simeon and Eville is the state title game.

Evanston was up by 8 when Simeon sat their starters and it became a blowout. Simeon may be the better team but when they were matched up with starters against starters Evanston was up. Not to mention that Whitney Young is still alive so it's a bit pre mature to act like Simeon and Eville is the state title game.

I never said it was nor do I think it is. I am simply pointing out that Simeon played Evanston the night before the city championship so I wouldn't base anything on that game. I've followed High School basketball long enough to know that any team can be beat on any given night. Football is a little more obvious where Basketball has a number of teams that can win it all. E'ville or Simeon may go to Peoria and may not win a game all weekend.

Just a heads up to those of you that may not want to head out to a super sectional site, all games are broadcast on NFHS tonight.

I hate spending $9.95 for one night of games.

it can get worse. The 9.95 is actually a re-occurring charge unless you cancel it. Even worse - if you forget your dang password. I spent 40 bucks over 4 months last fall until I could break into my account in December and cancel the auto charge...

I have a subscription personally, it's a wise investment imo. I think I pay 6.95 a month and I get to watch a bunch of football games, most playoff games and a bunch of basketball games after the fact. Comes in handy when you want to watch other teams but your kid plays.

I have a subscription personally, it's a wise investment imo. I think I pay 6.95 a month and I get to watch a bunch of football games, most playoff games and a bunch of basketball games after the fact. Comes in handy when you want to watch other teams but your kid plays.
Still not as many games as Jwar gets in a weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT