NNFAN

Sep 9, 2001
Naperville, IL
Some big upsets...

* Wheaton North shocks #3 seeded Benet 64-55

* Hinsdale South upsets #2 seeded Geneva 44-41

* Lake Park upsets #3 seeded Prospect 60-59

Other notable games...

Joliet West and Central advance, with the winner facing (most likely) #1 seeded Bolingbrook. WWS and Naper North will play each other for a third time, the winner advances to the sectional final. ESL(#2) loses to (#3) Belleville West 67-60.

First time in 3A, Chicago St. Rita (#6) upset Chicago Hyde Park (#3) at Hyde Park. The score was 65 - 63. Off to play Chicago Bogan (#2) at St. Rita sectional.

I think the season may end against the Bengal from Bogan who crushed Chicago Simeon earlier in the year.

Reactions: NNFAN
I never understood why Rita played in 4A for hoops, never winning a regional in 4A, when 3A is where they belong population wise.

Some big upsets...

* Wheaton North shocks #3 seeded Benet 64-55

* Hinsdale South upsets #2 seeded Geneva 44-41
...and hardly anyone in town seemed to notice as we were all in Normal watching the Geneva girls win the 4a title.

Reactions: NNFAN
They were regional champs in 2014 & 2015
I stand corrected about 14 and 15.
But to "chose" 4A to be in the same bracket every year with WY and Simeon?

With the talent they had with Law and Chaney etc. they could have penciled in a Sectional Final every year in 3A, to meet MP from 09 through 17.

Congrats to the Lady Vikings! Both teams had very successful seasons despite the early exit for the boys.
Thanks. The boys game was a head scratcher but, seriously, I don't know anyone who saw it. Not sure if there was an injury, Hinsdale South played great or what. I think that team not winning at least a regional is a disappointment but there are stranger things that have happened.

Some big games tonight:
3a
Fenwick vs Westinghouse
Morgan Park vs Brooks
4a
Curie vs OPRF
Simeon vs Marist

And tomorrow:
3a
Bogan vs St Rita
North Lawndale vs Farragut
4a
Whitney Young vs Kenwood
Joliet West vs Joliet Central
Br Rice vs Thornton

Thoughts? Predictions?

Naperville North upsets #1 seeded Wheaton South tonight 40-35!!!!!!!!! The Tigers had lost just one game all season and went undefeated in the DVC. NN will play for the sectional title Friday. Go Huskies!!!

Also...

* Bolingbrook cruises past West Aurora 85-66

* Simeon knocks off Marist 56-36

* Evanston crushes Loyola 71-45

http://basketball.dailyherald.com/article/20170307/sports/170309075/

Last edited:
Reactions: all4theillini
Naperville North upsets #1 seeded Wheaton South tonight 40-35!!!!!!!!! The Tigers had lost just one game all season and went undefeated in the DVC. NN will play for the sectional title Friday. Go Huskies!!!

NN coaches strategy of fouling worked, WWS couldn't hit a free throw. Great crowd and atmosphere.

NN coaches strategy of fouling worked, WWS couldn't hit a free throw. Great crowd and atmosphere.
All three games this year between the two schools were nailbiters. Tigers have a bright future with a great group of Juniors and Sophomores back next year. Should have another excellent team in '18.

Evanston destroyed Loyola in the 2nd half. I'm still shocked ND came back from 14 down in the 4th quarter to beat Niles North. I'm wondering if this is what winning actually feels like?

Also...

* Bolingbrook cruises past West Aurora 85-66

* Simeon knocks off Marist 56-36

* Evanston crushes Loyola 71-45

http://basketball.dailyherald.com/article/20170307/sports/170309075/

And the Mustangs of Cascia upset the #2 seed Bogan Bengal: 72 - 68! I was wrong about Cascia's season ending tonight! But, it probably will this Friday against powerhouse #1 seed Morgan Park.

Reactions: Gene K. and NNFAN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT