ADVERTISEMENT

Bounce back year for the "other" Hilltoppers?

I hope so pj, I really like what i have heard. I am also very excited about Jaws leading the team. I know there is energy and a bad taste.

Bringing the juice? Is that Jaw's Juice?

Might be my 2nd favorite team this year. All Hilltoppers need to stick together.

is Naz or Lemont in 5A? Who are the 5A favs?
Naz is 6A and pretty sure Lemont will be as well. Also read that Peoria's enrollment went up a bunch and they are right on 5A/6A border. Not sure who favorite will be...Morris, Geneseo, Washington? I do believe if the Hillmen get their 5 wins, they will be a real tough out in 5A

Don't you have to rank JCA #1 ?
I know getting 5 wins will not be easy. But, who beats them in 5A?

Varsity high school football is one place where you can go from the outhouse to the penthouse (or visa versa) in just one year. The foundation of a strong senior class really is a necessity. From reading the two stories, it looks like JCA might be a year away... but noticeably better. Might be tough for the junior-dominated Hilltoppers to get to five wins in the ESCC this year. Next year... watch out!

That Geneva game might be the key to making the playoffs. The Vikings had a disastrous season last year. :eek: Do they return to the Vikings of old and hand JCA a week one loss? If not... the path to five wins would be WN, SP, Chicago Marian, and two from (tossups) NND, Woody, and Benet. Losses to Naz and Marist?

Last edited:
I agree with Big John's assessment, you just don't go from being terrible to being excellent in one year.

Were they terrible last year though. Without looking I thought they were competitive in a lot of those games.

Were they terrible last year though. Without looking I thought they were competitive in a lot of those games.

they only got blown out by marist. The WN games was very weird. JCA's kicker was hurt, and WN never started on the wrong side of the 50, often way better.

I'd venture to say they were on the better side of 1-8 teams, whatever that means.

I for one, am in the camp that believes that you can go from terrible to excellent - whether that is this team is yet to be seen...

Interested to hear about the K Williams transfer. Saw him in track in 7th and 8th grade and the kid could flat out fly. Does he have to sit out a year? Article sounded like he would play this year. If he can play, I count 5 viable options in the backfield. I have to assume that means the double wing is sticking around? Shoot, with that kind of depth, you have to consider moving some of those guys to defense.

Also saw on the roster last year a big lineman transfer by the name of Waters who had to sit out last year. 320+ pounds. Does he look to be in the OL or DL mix this season?

Cautiously optimistic about the season. First two weeks will tell us a lot. Just have to find five wins.

Interested to hear about the K Williams transfer. Saw him in track in 7th and 8th grade and the kid could flat out fly. Does he have to sit out a year? Article sounded like he would play this year. If he can play, I count 5 viable options in the backfield. I have to assume that means the double wing is sticking around? Shoot, with that kind of depth, you have to consider moving some of those guys to defense.

Also saw on the roster last year a big lineman transfer by the name of Waters who had to sit out last year. 320+ pounds. Does he look to be in the OL or DL mix this season?

Cautiously optimistic about the season. First two weeks will tell us a lot. Just have to find five wins.
Williams is very talented, that's a very big pickup for JCA. Not sure on eligibility. Waters will start no doubt, he had to sit out last year otherwise he is probably their best lineman as a JR. Expect him to make a big impact as well. Hoping JCA can get to 5. They have two potential swing games weeks 1&2. Win both and their in, win 1 and I like JCA's chances to get 5.

I apologize for using the word terrible. It should not be used to describe a season in which kids and coaches work tirelessly to improve themselves. I wish them the best in 2017.

Williams is eligible this year.

Williams will be the biggest home run threat on the team. Will be another special back in the long line of great backs for jca.

I'm hearing K. Johnson has added some serious size as well as speed, I'm also excited to see how Jaws uses him and Williams together because that's some serious explosiveness

Reactions: USD24
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT