ADVERTISEMENT

BMac leaving CCL in 2018

Wolvrne7

Jan 15, 2016
Bishop McNamara Catholic School has officially joined the Metro Suburban Conference (MSC) effective starting the 2018-2019 school year. The decision comes after a request from the MSC and much planning and consideration by the administration and coaching staff of Bishop McNamara. We believe that the opportunities provided by the MSC are a positive fit for our school community.

Bishop McNamara is currently a member of both the Chicago Catholic League (CCL) and the Girls Catholic Athletic Conference (GCAC).

“We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of the current member schools of the CCL and GCAC for allowing us to be part of such great conferences with rich history. We would also like to wish all CCL and GCAC member schools continued success in the future, “ said John Rutter, Bishop McNamara Catholic School Director of Athletics.

Joining the MSC allows male and female student-athletes at the high school level at Bishop McNamara Catholic School the opportunity to compete in the same conference. This change also provides opportunities for broader extra-curricular activities such as band, chorus, scholastic bowl, math team, and more.

St. Francis to BMac:

Depart at: 5:00pm
1 h 40 min (75.6 miles)
via I-57 N and I-355 N
Fastest route, the usual traffic
This route has tolls.

In my opinion wrong move especially for stf. Why wouldn't they try a stronger boys sports conference like escc. Confirms what other stf posters said last week about how unseriously they take boys sports.

So if Marmion stays the CCL will be down to 14 Football Playing schools:
St. Laurence, Ignatius, Leo, Depaul, Fenwick, Montini, DeLaSalle, Loyola, St. Joes Rice, Rita, Mount Carmel, and Providence. 2 divisions 7 teams....here comes the fight on who the 6th and 7th team in the Blue are?

So if Marmion stays the CCL will be down to 14 Football Playing schools:
St. Laurence, Ignatius, Leo, Depaul, Fenwick, Montini, DeLaSalle, Loyola, St. Joes Rice, Rita, Mount Carmel, and Providence. 2 divisions 7 teams....here comes the fight on who the 6th and 7th team in the Blue are?
You force teams into that division and there will be more attrition, just my opinion.

In my opinion wrong move especially for stf. Why wouldn't they try a stronger boys sports conference like escc. Confirms what other stf posters said last week about how unseriously they take boys sports.

What benefit does the ESCC get by adding them? The current 10 team model works, an 11 team model is a scheduling disaster.

What benefit does the ESCC get by adding them? The current 10 team model works, an 11 team model is a scheduling disaster.
you add another team and make 2 6 team divisions. but i don't see a scheduling difference between 10 and 11. so you miss 3 teams instead of 2

you add another team and make 2 6 team divisions. but i don't see a scheduling difference between 10 and 11. so you miss 3 teams instead of 2

Th diffence is that someone is playing a non conference game in weeks 3-9, those games are a nightmare to schedule and require out of state travel.

The principals at St. Francis and Benet Academy do not want to play each other in any sport. Apparently the student sections get extremely disrespectful from both schools. The basketball teams recently agreed to schedule a game and they were overruled by both principals.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the CCL and ESCC in a few years in regards to possible merger....

The Blue will be eliminated and everyone will be split up amongst each other
Only real option if they don't want more schools bailing, so two 7 team divisions? (Assuming Marmion stays).

What incentive does Leo/Joe's/DePaul have for staying then.

CCL needs to break up the blue and go by geography.

Montini MC Loyola north

Rita PC Rice south. Fill in the rest. Everyone has a chance at five wins this way.
Mt Carmel north? Obviously not going by geography. If that's the case name it colors still and try to divide equally but definitely not everyone has a shot at 5. The 3 red teams are screwed.

North:
Loyola
Fenwick
DePaul
St Joe's
Montini
Marmion
Ignatius

South:
BR
MC
SR
Provi
De La Salle
StL
Leo

I guess here is how N/S would work?

two divisions of 7...still have the parity and rank 1-14
Division 1 is teams 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, and 13
Division 2 is teams 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, and 14

Weeks 1 and 2 open
6 conference games and you crossover with team across so De Paul isn't playing MC in a crossover. each division should have at least 2 from blue, white, and green. More teams can get the magic 5 wins. Really have to be selective in weeks 1 and 2

Reactions: Super_Bowl85
two divisions of 7...still have the parity and rank 1-14
Division 1 is teams 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, and 13
Division 2 is teams 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, and 14

Weeks 1 and 2 open
6 conference games and you crossover with team across so De Paul isn't playing MC in a crossover. each division should have at least 2 from blue, white, and green. More teams can get the magic 5 wins. Really have to be selective in weeks 1 and 2
Hmm interesting do you rerank yearly?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT