ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest Q's heading into 2017 for the CCL Green?

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Lots of questions for sure as we get closer to Kickoff 2017 for the CCL Green. Below are some of my top questions for the CCL Green entering the 2017 season. Agree? Disagree? Did I miss some? Post them here.

Can Fenwick reload and can they get past the events of the 2016 season?

Who is this Montini Catholic team? How will Life After Coach A effect the Broncos in 2017?

DeLaSalle. Which DeLaSalle tam will come to play in 2017?

How long will it take Bobby McMillan and staff to turn around the Spartans program?

Fenwick has a lot of starters returning on defense and a couple on offense. The offense last year for Fenwick was outstanding and took them far into the playoffs. Don't know if they can duplicate what they did of offense this year unless they have a lot of juniors and sophs who didn't see much playing time last year. If not I look for a lot of low scoring games with Fenwick opponents based on defense.

DeLaSalle was an up and down team last year starting out strong and then fading. But I look for them to rebound as they have some good athletes on both sides of the ball, especially defense. If they can start out strong they have a good shot to make the playoffs.

I hope the new coach for St. Francis can get the team back winning again but IMO he has his work cut out for him based on some of the comments I have read on the board.

Marmion always put a good team on the field. Solid QB who is an outstanding athlete. Defense has been their weak spot in years past but I look for them to be a contender for conference title.

Montini is Montini. They always reload with good athletes on the field and new coach Bu has been with the team for a long time. While they don't have the "star names" from last year they do have some tough nosed players who know how to win and proved it when given the chance last year. Montini should be right up there for the conference title.

Fenwick has a lot of starters returning on defense and a couple on offense. The offense last year for Fenwick was outstanding and took them far into the playoffs. Don't know if they can duplicate what they did of offense this year unless they have a lot of juniors and sophs who didn't see much playing time last year. If not I look for a lot of low scoring games with Fenwick opponents based on defense.

DeLaSalle was an up and down team last year starting out strong and then fading. But I look for them to rebound as they have some good athletes on both sides of the ball, especially defense. If they can start out strong they have a good shot to make the playoffs.

I hope the new coach for St. Francis can get the team back winning again but IMO he has his work cut out for him based on some of the comments I have read on the board.

Marmion always put a good team on the field. Solid QB who is an outstanding athlete. Defense has been their weak spot in years past but I look for them to be a contender for conference title.

Montini is Montini. They always reload with good athletes on the field and new coach Bu has been with the team for a long time. While they don't have the "star names" from last year they do have some tough nosed players who know how to win and proved it when given the chance last year. Montini should be right up there for the conference title.

I tend to agree with you on DeLaSalle and Montini.

Fenwick has the best opportunity/talent to win the conference. The D is tight and will win a few games for the Friars.

St Francis : The coaching staff has a tough few years ahead. Bobby is building a top notch staff over in Wheaton. Give him 3 years, they will be the team we all talk about. Good hire for the Spartans. Right now he won't have the athletes to compete in CCL.

Marmion is the team I believe will sneak up on people. Will they have enough to win conference. A lot depends on the D.

Reactions: Gene K.
Big John,

I think Montini will win the league and Fenwick will take second. The coaching change at Montini won't hurt at all. I think Fenwick lost to much on offense to repeat this year.

After Montini and Fenwick I think its between Marmion and Delasalle. No question.

As far as SF, I think there is a really tough road ahead for the Spartans. This year is going to be really thin on varsity but I think if this new coach can fix what the old coach ruined he could have something going in a few years.

Purnell and Fixgerald showed if you hire the right guy you can win big at SF.

"Ghost"

If Fenwick can find a way to get the ball into Michael O'laughlin hands, they will be fine, it's a BIG IF.

The 3rd week of the season looms large. The winner of Montini/Fenwick is in the driver's seat.

BigJohn

O'laughlin is a legit 6'5 225. He'll get his, no Big If at all. Who on Montini can cover him? Friars have a couple youngsters ready to break out, including their young QB. Having a target that big will make it much easier.

Montini brings back three very good starting defensive backs from last year. Two linebackers with a lot of playing time last year too. O'Laughlin played ery well against Montini last year but Fenwick's QB last year was lights out in the game and his play was a huge factor in their win.

Montini also has a couple of young guys ready to break out as well as some seniors who were non factors in the game as they didn't get the ball on offense for what ever reason. The way Fenwick dominated Montini last year leads me to believe that a huge revenge factor is in play and the game is at Montini. I like Montini's chances in this game.

ADVERTISEMENT