ADVERTISEMENT

Best Teams in 2017 by Positional Groups: Secondary

I know the Deep Dish football will take a beating on this board and some of the rankings are pretty suspect but I'll give the guy credit for promoting high school football, he obviously has a passion for it.

I look at his twitter feed from time to time he has some pretty good re-tweets on there.
He can't evaluate talent, he exceeds his scope. He feels the need to try and trick everyone behind two twitter handles and he ranks kids without even seeing them. Just watch his videos, cringeworthy. That said he's found a market in our social media society and obviously puts a lot of time into it. Hopefully he can grow and improve and make a career out of it but when he tried to expand it showed me he's unaware of his strengths/weakness and scope or practice. His hobby will be irrelevant in the future.

He can't evaluate talent, he exceeds his scope. He feels the need to try and trick everyone behind two twitter handles and he ranks kids without even seeing them. Just watch his videos, cringeworthy. That said he's found a market in our social media society and obviously puts a lot of time into it. Hopefully he can grow and improve and make a career out of it but when he tried to expand it showed me he's unaware of his strengths/weakness and scope or practice. His hobby will be irrelevant in the future.

I'm having trouble delineating between the two because I see two different twitter feeds or sites or whatever you want to call it. One is his only and the other is deep dish

On the deep dish one - I don't know - I watch and have watched a lot of DVC football and if you scroll back in time he seems to be identifying a lot of the players that jumped out to me and tweeting about them well before they became highly visible recruits... he may not hit on them all - but he's gotten quite a few right and got them earlier than many others...

Regardless - yeah getting a tweet account might be worthwhile. Worried about the overload. I use ScoreStream and now also use the link Edgy posts each week. The one Edgy posted is tweets from around the area on the game scores - so I might be gettIng the tweet benefit without signing up for that firehouse of email like "stuff"!!!

I'm having trouble delineating between the two because I see two different twitter feeds or sites or whatever you want to call it. One is his only and the other is deep dish

On the deep dish one - I don't know - I watch and have watched a lot of DVC football and if you scroll back in time he seems to be identifying a lot of the players that jumped out to me and tweeting about them well before they became highly visible recruits... he may not hit on them all - but he's gotten quite a few right and got them earlier than many others...

Regardless - yeah getting a tweet account might be worthwhile. Worried about the overload. I use ScoreStream and now also use the link Edgy posts each week. The one Edgy posted is tweets from around the area on the game scores - so I might be gettIng the tweet benefit without signing up for that firehouse of email like "stuff"!!!
Believe what you want, but with edgy, lemming etc the info is out there and he regurgitates it.

You can set settings for twitter for no emails, you pick who you follow and who you don't and you can set notifications so the scores will literally pop up on your phone. Edgy's weekly link is clutch but rarely works right on my phone and I have to search through a bunch of games I don't care about for scores I do. With a personal Twitter I follow schools and writers that tweet updates of games and turn on notifications when they're at games I want to know about. It's pretty great, careful though with twitter you can get lost down the rabbit hole easily.

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
Believe what you want, but with edgy, lemming etc the info is out there and he regurgitates it.

You can set settings for twitter for no emails, you pick who you follow and who you don't and you can set notifications so the scores will literally pop up on your phone. Edgy's weekly link is clutch but rarely works right on my phone and I have to search through a bunch of games I don't care about for scores I do. With a personal Twitter I follow schools and writers that tweet updates of games and turn on notifications when they're at games I want to know about. It's pretty great, careful though with twitter you can get lost down the rabbit hole easily.

Fantastic Thanks TPF. yes you hit the nail on the head - I am so worried about the firehouse of info (even if I turn most things off) that I will get sucked down that rabbit hole and no one will ever find me again! Look at this forum - I just started posting a little less than a year ago and I'm near 1,000 posts. if I go Twitter - holy heck I could be in trouble ;)... it might be safer for me to wait until retirement before signing onto Twitter!!

Oh my mistake I thought you were saying something else. Yeah no doubt about that, it's the culture we are a part of now. With all the AAU, traveling bball and 7on7's these kids are used to being stroked and told they're the man, when they all of a sudden need to work or get placed with other talented kids they don't know how to handle it. I think you had a former dad there (one who had an epic meltdown on this board) that was exhibit A.

I believe it was Bobby Bowden that once said, "We spend two years recruitin' these kids and then we spend two years un-recruitin' 'em".

Reactions: dtlove3434
I think you have me confused with someone else. I love our coaches. But sometimes certain kids are hard to get through to when they feel like they are more talented than the team. It takes some serious coaching to overcome that. That's all I am saying!
Things just haven't been the same in LGP since Jwar, Sportsmom and Coach Weiss left.

Things just haven't been the same in LGP since Jwar, Sportsmom and Coach Weiss left.

I won't lie the Coach Weiss nickname is still one of the best things I have heard on this board in the years I have been here.

Reactions: pjjp
I think you have me confused with someone else. I love our coaches. But sometimes certain kids are hard to get through to when they feel like they are more talented than the team. It takes some serious coaching to overcome that. That's all I am saying!
Lol

Montini has 3 junior starters coming back in the defensive backfield. There could be a problem though as two of them play on offense too. Several juniors in addition had a lot of playing time in the secondary. I look for Montini to have quite a few 2-way players at various spots this year.

DT,

I thought you were a friendly? This guy PJJP is not a quality JCA guy like most, he's always seemed to find a way to troll/attempt to belittle Naz.
I have no issues with him, you or "Weis" but if you can't laugh at "sportsmom" you're not American.

TPF,

I can always laugh at myself and pretty much anything, but PJJP is just a piece of work. If your going to make a college coaching analogy I think that Coach Malzhan is a better overall characterization.

I have no issues with him, you or "Weis" but if you can't laugh at "sportsmom" you're not American.

TPF,

I can always laugh at myself and pretty much anything, but PJJP is just a piece of work. If your going to make a college coaching analogy I think that Coach Malzhan is a better overall characterization.
I don't know. I think the Coach Weiss analogy fits. The difference? The "real" Coach Weiss is more likable than the IL version.

Reactions: Schwab54
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT