ADVERTISEMENT

Best Team In The State?

Who is the best team in IL?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Niles Notre Dame and Mt Carmel have the best resume. LWE’s is right behind them. Glenbard has been on bye week since the Maine South game.

Reactions: NickThilmany
Where is the team I have been touting all year, South Elgin?

Just kidding.

Where is the team I have been touting all year, South Elgin?

Just kidding.
There were other teams I wanted to include but I got to the max. I wanted Rochester, IC, Neuqua Valley, Hersey, and Minooka.

Last edited:
Hmmmmmmmm.....nice little list. I can tell you put lots of thought into it.

Last edited:
Warren Township missed a shut out (the 3's gave up a very late 6 pts) .... on the season (6 games) teams are averaging 3 pts/game and they have shut out the first 3 opponents in NSC (in NSC teams are avg 1.5 pts/game). On defense they have FBS/FCS players on every level. On to the next opponent (Lake Zurich) ... see you in the playoffs. FYI - For those who say Warren has no offense ... they have an ATH (WR/QB/RB) - name Christian Phillips (CP) who runs a 10.6 100 (AJ Henning type kid) plus a nasty 6'0 215 lbs RB with break way speed and two legit QB's and solid OL. Keep sleeping on Warren ....... home of six flags !

Reactions: NickThilmany
Warren Township missed a shut out (the 3's gave up a very late 6 pts) .... on the season (6 games) teams are averaging 3 pts/game and they have shut out the first 3 opponents in NSC (in NSC teams are avg 1.5 pts/game). On defense they have FBS/FCS players on every level. On to the next opponent (Lake Zurich) ... see you in the playoffs. FYI - For those who say Warren has no offense ... they have an ATH (WR/QB/RB) - name Christian Phillips (CP) who runs a 10.6 100 (AJ Henning type kid) plus a nasty 6'0 215 lbs RB with break way speed and two legit QB's and solid OL. Keep sleeping on Warren ....... home of six flags !
I’m experiencing some deja vu.

After seeing ESTL up BIG against Batavia week 1, I don’t think there’s a team in the state that can stop their offense. I pick E.STL until someone beats em.

Other considerations:
GBW
Warren
LWE
NND

When Glenbard West has an offense to complement their always good defense, such as this year, that means they have a special team. I think they are the best in the state.
When Glenbard West has an offense to complement their always good defense, such as this year, that means they have a special team. I think they are the best in the state.
You need to watch LWE.

Reactions: EastBaby2022
You need to watch LWE.
LWE is a very, very good team. From your comment, I'll assume you have seen them play. Have YOU watched GW play this season? I'm not sure who has the best team in Illinois right now, but I'm pretty sure that after 2 down years, GW has returned to form and should be on everyone's watch list, just like LWE should be.

LWE is a very, very good team. From your comment, I'll assume you have seen them play. Have YOU watched GW play this season? I'm not sure who has the best team in Illinois right now, but I'm pretty sure that after 2 down years, GW has returned to form and should be on everyone's watch list, just like LWE should be.
Saw the MS game on tv. MS may be a down this year, so probably not the best gage. GBW just looked small on the O line. That won’t help if they are 8A in the later rounds of the PO’s. I’m been wrong before.

ADVERTISEMENT