ADVERTISEMENT

Best team in IL

Who is the best team in IL?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This season, junior quarterback Tyler Macon guided the Flyers to 714 points. According to the Illinois High School Association, that mark is tied with Arcola's 2015 team for the fifth-most points scored in a season. Peoria set the record at 805 points in 2016. The Flyers' 51 points per game average ties them with Arcola's 2015 team for 15th most in state history.

East St. Louis' 104 touchdowns this season are tied with Sacred-Heart Griffin's for second-most all-time. The record of 116 was set by Peoria in 2016. East Side's 1985 championship team scored 96 touchdowns, ninth all-time in the state record book.

Macon has made quite the impact in his two seasons under center. This season he threw for 39 touchdowns and rushed for 17 more for a new state record of 56. Jacardia Wright of St. Teresa's (Decatur) set the previous record of 55 last season. Macon also scored six 2-point conversions to give him 348 total points, good for the third most in a single season in state history. Last season he accounted for 281 points to give him 629 for his career which makes him No. 11 all-time in state history. Rockford Lutheran's James Robinson set the record of 948 in 2015 after a four-year varsity career.

Macon threw for 4,241 yards and rushed for another 827 to give him 5,068 yards of total offense, which is second in a single season in state history. Tuscola's Dusty Burk finished with 5,138 in 1997.

Thanks for the information. The kid is tough!

Reactions: flyerforlife
Not a ESL guy, not a LWE guy, not a MC guy despite having pulled for all three programs at one time or another.

All 3 have Homer fans. That's expected. But to have not faced any top teams and with average performances against the good teams I think it's pretty delusional to think you are the top or that you would do anything to a top team.

If Lena Winslow fans came on board talking about how they would beat ESL based on what they did to Central A & M I'd think they were delusional. Now if they played Cary-Grove and beat them convincingly I'd say at least they have a case. But if they played Simeon and won by 2, don't come here talking about how you'd beat ESL.

They'd sound ridiculous, even with kids going to Iowa.

Reactions: Oop-dee-oop_4
Not a ESL guy, not a LWE guy, not a MC guy despite having pulled for all three programs at one time or another.

All 3 have Homer fans. That's expected. But to have not faced any top teams and with average performances against the good teams I think it's pretty delusional to think you are the top or that you would do anything to a top team.

If Lena Winslow fans came on board talking about how they would beat ESL based on what they did to Central A & M I'd think they were delusional. Now if they played Cary-Grove and beat them convincingly I'd say at least they have a case. But if they played Simeon and won by 2, don't come here talking about how you'd beat ESL.

I guess just as ridiculous as you appear, constantly spewing anti-ESL rhetoric.

Your admission here that you have “pulled” for ESL at some point makes it obvious that you are either delusional or a flat-out liar...

I shouldn’t even be replying to someone who has proven himself to be an instigator of nothingness, but here I am again. Talking logic to a nobody.

Last edited:
I guess just as ridiculous as you appear, constantly spewing anti-ESL rhetoric.

Your admission here that you have “pulled” for ESL at some point is obvious that you are either delusional or a flat-out liar...

I shouldn’t even be replying to someone who has proven himself to be an instigator of nothingness, but here I am again. Talking logic to a nobody.
This is an example of the delusion.

No one from ESL said they would beat anyone idiot. YOU are the one making comparison about teams TRYING to dispute rankings that OTHERS have for ESL. What has been told to you numerous times is ESL don't give a shit what your opinion is and that's fact. As of today ESL is #19 in the country and we think that is pretty awesome! ESL won the championship and thats pretty awesome. We are enjoying the moment. Have a peaceful and blessed day!

These guys have clearly lost it. No one disputes that ESL won 6A. The fact they keep bringing it up shows how disconnected from reality they are. Didn't read the USAT, but I agree it's pretty cool to see your team in the rankings. Does USAT know anything about IL football? No. So in a way they're similar to the ESL posters here.

These guys have clearly lost it. No one disputes that ESL won 6A. The fact they keep bringing it up shows how disconnected from reality they are. Didn't read the USAT, but I agree it's pretty cool to see your team in the rankings. Does USAT know anything about IL football? No. So in a way they're similar to the ESL posters here.

The are information source for the national champions correct? Or maybe that is delusional too. Show me were an ESL poster brought up anything about beating another team? Show me where an ESL poster put down the accomplishments of another team. Now I can show that your dumb ass has put down NV and a host of other schools to prove your stupid point which don't amount to anything. You don't think ESL is number one, got it. Next!!

Being from ESL, you better believe that all of us at some point have dealt with people like you. Our success somehow strangely makes you feel unsuccessful. I’ve never understood why, being that my mind just doesn’t work in that way. But I know YOU exist and that YOU are miserably impossible.

It frustrates you that success rises from such a small oppressed town. But keep going, Flyers need fuel to FLY.

Last edited:
The are information source for the national champions correct? Or maybe that is delusional too. Show me were an ESL poster brought up anything about beating another team? Show me where an ESL poster put down the accomplishments of another team. Now I can show that your dumb ass has put down NV and a host of other schools to prove your stupid point which don't amount to anything. You don't think ESL is number one, got it. Next!!
I haven't put down any schools, the facts are just abrasive to you because they don't fit the narrative you guys want to push. That's why you don't post links to Calpreps or maxpreps anymore. I get it, they didn't have ESL #1 anymore so why post it?

I haven't put down NV. They were a good team, not great. They were handled pretty good by H-F in the 2nd round. You beat them by 2. That offends you because it doesn't support your delusions.

Prairie Ridge was another good team. Actually the gold standard for 6A for the time being. They lost to Huntley in a close game however. Huntley was another 2nd round exit from the playoffs. PR had you guys a fight for 3 quarters. And you couldn't stop the dive. This doesn't support your delusions so it offends you.

Batavia was also a good team, not great. You guys beat them by 14. They also lost to Naz by 14. They lost to SCE a 1st Rd exit. Batavia also escaped GBN (7A Rd 2 exit) and SCN (not a playoff team) by the thinnest of margins. None of this supports your delusions so it offends you.

Naperville Central came in with a lot of hype. None of it was realized. They didn't make the playoffs or beat a team with a winning record. Tough schedule, yes. But yeah you blew them out of the water, congrats! Again, it doesn't support your delusions so you're offended.

Am I supposed to be impressed because you're willing to put 70 up on Rocky or BVE? Please.

You guys are delusional. Good team though.

I haven't put down any schools, the facts are just abrasive to you because they don't fit the narrative you guys want to push. That's why you don't post links to Calpreps or maxpreps anymore. I get it, they didn't have ESL #1 anymore so why post it?

I haven't put down NV. They were a good team, not great. They were handled pretty good by H-F in the 2nd round. You beat them by 2. That offends you because it doesn't support your delusions.

Prairie Ridge was another good team. Actually the gold standard for 6A for the time being. They lost to Huntley in a close game however. Huntley was another 2nd round exit from the playoffs. PR had you guys a fight for 3 quarters. And you couldn't stop the dive. This doesn't support your delusions so it offends you.

Batavia was also a good team, not great. You guys beat them by 14. They also lost to Naz by 14. They lost to SCE a 1st Rd exit. Batavia also escaped GBN (7A Rd 2 exit) and SCN (not a playoff team) by the thinnest of margins. None of this supports your delusions so it offends you.

Naperville Central came in with a lot of hype. None of it was realized. They didn't make the playoffs or beat a team with a winning record. Tough schedule, yes. But yeah you blew them out of the water, congrats! Again, it doesn't support your delusions so you're offended.

Am I supposed to be impressed because you're willing to put 70 up on Rocky or BVE? Please.

YEAH? More fuel, SMH. Pity, you.

LWE ranked 58th nationally and ESL 63rd on calpreps. Kind of though they both would have been rated higher. Is Illinois High School football slipping?

Last edited:
LWE ranked 58th nationally and ESL 63rd on calpreps. Kind of though they both would have been rated higher. Is Illinois High School football slipping?
Who really knows? I watch some games they show on ESPN and think there's probably hundreds of teams better than all Illinois teams in TX, FL, CA, and OH alone.

Reactions: Queen4
Is this the only thing in all you’ve read that you have an opinion about?
I am the kind of person who doesn't say, "I don't care what you think of my team," then who writes an entire screed ripping the opinion you don't care about.

I am the kind of person who doesn't say, "I don't care what you think of my team," then who writes an entire screed ripping the opinion you don't care about.
Well, good, I’m happy for you! Tell me a little bit more about yourself!

Must be your education...or lack of. Intimidated by you? Don't make me laugh. Quite frankly, I think you're making an ass out of yourself. But...carry on!

But, you’re replying to an uneducated ass!!! Yeah, you’re very intimidated, but you’ve learned how to disguise it with trivial and childish rebuttal. No need to parade the extent of our education on a High School Football message board, is there?

Do you spend much time on this board looking for grammatical errors and offering corrections, because I’ve seen plenty elsewhere, minus a response from you. Or did you only try to find fault in me because of my perceived demographic? I know that you feel SUPERIOR, it comes natural for ya. Beyond that, you had absolutely nothing to contribute to the discussion at hand.

And by the way, the feeling is mutual. If I’m an ass by your account, you’re a kitty-cat by mine.

Try staying on subject, we’re talking High School Football. Particularly, how great ESL is this year! Take a look at that Macon kid, you’d like em!

Last edited:
How is this a surprise coming from you? Why are you so insistent on discussing what ESL would be capable/incapable of??? We have not said anything about you guys only putting up 12 points in a championship game. We really don’t care what a die-hard LWE fan thinks of us. Especially when we have proven our willingness to play anybody. Hypotheticals mean nothing. Use your words to influence your coaches to schedule a game with us or shut up! It’s just that simple.

Did u even see where I said IMO? We all have opinions you have yours and we have all heard you throughout the season. I give my opinion and the attacks start.

LWE was not as good as you are trying to make them out to be if warren had any kind of offense they beat LWE. period.. Oh and by the way LWE would have lost to MC. Besides check out friday night drives rankings.

and you have your opinion. I respect that but don’t agree.

Edgy in a post earlier this year, I think, said that there were no great teams this year..

Correct.

Illinois is typically an average state in regards to high school football.

This years senior class was very watered down and the teams weren’t very good.

I think case in point was LWE. Definitely 8a champs this year but last year and the previous year the teams were much stronger with less weaknesses.

Last years semi final teams in 8a were all sound on both sides of the ball.

From what I saw this year
LWE quarter back was a notch below their standard. Typically they have a very strong QB. ( 2018 team was better)

Warrens offense against the same type of talent defensively was awful. See brook, BR, and LWE tape.

BR offensive line was feisty but very undersized (2018 team was better)

Marist has a great run (2018 was better all around, QB was a stud.)

2020 the top teams in Illinois will be very good on both sides of the ball.

Reactions: Solid Snake Pliskin
Exactly!! Your thoughts are meaningless!

Are you even employed?
As a matter of fact I am. Even used some of my salary to help send Jr Flyers to Florida. Maybe the many beatdowns your Flyers have sustained out of state over the years hasn't sunk in. No pun intended. But Illinois isn't a power state. But I'm supposed to trust you who thought NV was going to make a run. You don't even know IL football.

Being from ESL, you better believe that all of us at some point have dealt with people like you. Our success somehow strangely makes you feel unsuccessful. I’ve never understood why, being that my mind just doesn’t work in that way. But I know YOU exist and that YOU are miserably impossible.

It frustrates you that success rises from such a small oppressed town. But keep going, Flyers need fuel to FLY.

Who are "people like me"? This should get interesting.

But, you’re replying to an uneducated ass!!! Yeah, you’re very intimidated, but you’ve learned how to disguise it with trivial and childish rebuttal. No need to parade the extent of our education on a High School Football message board, is there?

Do you spend much time on this board looking for grammatical errors and offering corrections, because I’ve seen plenty elsewhere, minus a response from you. Or did you only try to find fault in me because of my perceived demographic? I know that you feel SUPERIOR, it comes natural for ya. Beyond that, you had absolutely nothing to contribute to the discussion at hand.

And by the way, the feeling is mutual. If I’m an ass by your account, you’re a kitty-cat by mine.

Try staying on subject, we’re talking High School Football. Particularly, how great ESL is this year! Take a look at that Macon kid, you’d like em!
Just another guy who is a keyboard cowboy. You like to come off as a tough guy while hiding behind your keyboard. Talk about low self-esteem.

And speaking of HS football, remember. You're getting nuts and acting crazy over HS football. Let that sink in.

Reactions: Kevin JCHS 81
It's funny how everyone make assumptions about who is behind the keyboard. When it gets to that point, things should go away.

As I stated before, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Nothing anyone says will change the mind of others. There is nothing wrong with open discussion.

ADVERTISEMENT