@ Bolingbrook 23-0
2018 9-0
2017 9-0
Varsity
2017 State 7A champions
2018 12-1
2019 2-1

Reactions: BataviaDogs1
And ESL came back to tie the poll. Everyone polls close on Thursday make your voice heard!

Batavia 2019 Sophomores
@Lake Park 34-0
Naperville North 35-0
@ Bolingbrook 23-0
2018 9-0
2017 9-0
Varsity
2017 State 7A champions
2018 12-1
2019 2-1

giphy.gif

No way ESL would put up 12 per quarter on Warren. That D was stellar.

Or East
East allowed 36 yards total offense to Warren. 29 rushing and 0 passing. I believe both records in 8A Championship game. I think you can say East D was ever bit as good. ESL would not be able to stop East offense and they would be held in check. IMO East wins this game 21-7. Sorry Flyer fans.

Or East
East allowed 36 yards total offense to Warren. 29 rushing and 0 passing. I believe both records in 8A Championship game. I think you can say East D was ever bit as good. ESL would not be able to stop East offense and they would be held in check. IMO East wins this game 21-7. Sorry Flyer fans.

How is this a surprise coming from you? Why are you so insistent on discussing what ESL would be capable/incapable of??? We have not said anything about you guys only putting up 12 points in a championship game. We really don’t care what a die-hard LWE fan thinks of us. Especially when we have proven our willingness to play anybody. Hypotheticals mean nothing. Use your words to influence your coaches to schedule a game with us or shut up! It’s just that simple.

Or East

LWE was not as good as you are trying to make them out to be if warren had any kind of offense they beat LWE. period.. Oh and by the way LWE would have lost to MC. Besides check out friday night drives rankings.

Reactions: TigerforFlyers
How is this a surprise coming from you? Why are you so insistent on discussing what ESL would be capable/incapable of??? We have not said anything about you guys only putting up 12 points in a championship game. We really don’t care what a die-hard LWE fan thinks of us. Especially when we have proven our willingness to play anybody. Hypotheticals mean nothing. Use your words to influence your coaches to schedule a game with us or shut up! It’s just that simple.

This whole thread is based on Hypotheticals. ESL, MC and LWE did not play each other, so all we can do is speculate. The anger in some of these posts is comical.

This whole thread is based on Hypotheticals. ESL, MC and LWE did not play each other, so all we can do is speculate. The anger in some of these posts is comical.

There is no anger. Some people are determine to discredit others which is comical. The two teams that have played each other in the past haven't commented about what would happen. MC and ESL.

I said MC defense would apply strategic pressure on Naz without compromising their coverage on the back end. I watched them do it to Tyler until he figured it out too late. I respect everyones team however I will defend mine when needed. Even last year in the loss to MC, ESL put up 400 yards of offense. NO ONE would have held ESL offense to less than 100 yard on no day!

There is no anger. Some people are determine to discredit others which is comical. The two teams that have played each other in the past haven't commented about what would happen. MC and ESL.

I said MC defense would apply strategic pressure on Naz without compromising their coverage on the back end. I watched them do it to Tyler until he figured it out too late. I respect everyones team however I will defend mine when needed. Even last year in the loss to MC, ESL put up 400 yards of offense. NO ONE would have held ESL offense to less than 100 yard on no day!

Maybe no anger from you, but definitely from others. When a poster states "schedule a game with us or shut up!" , I sense a little anger.

Reactions: Iamjaytee
Maybe no anger from you, but definitely from others. When a poster states "schedule a game with us or shut up!" , I sense a little anger.

I know him personally and he laughs at the clowns while he type! There is absolutely no anger from anyone that supports ESL. Only trailed for 2 minutes the entire season! 2019 was excellent to the FLYERS!

You all are believing MC because of a one game performance vs Nazareth is equal to EStL or better? Really? Look at the body of work for the other 13 games Mt. Carmel played. ESL would literally run away with that matchup.

UOTE="Kevin JCHS 81, post: 233512, member: 20780"]"After reading all your arguments and hearing your passions, I have changed my mind on who is the best team in Illinois in 2019."

.....Said no one EVER![/QUOTE]

!!!

No anger here. I assumed that this board consisted of members who respected the sport more than their own personal bias for the team(s) they support. ESL fans nor MC fans have said anything towards one another because what’s understood doesn’t need to be said. MC eliminated us two consecutive years and unfortunately loss the following semi-final games. Not everyone will agree, but my theory is that our matchup is literally a clash of the titans in which whoever wins ends up banged up with not much left to keep fighting, thus having a huge effect on the game(s) to follow.

This year, we did not have to face each other, and the results speak for themselves!!! Landslide championships for both programs!

What I don’t get is someone having such an extreme bias as to say that hypothetically a team that averaged over 50 pts per game (with running clocks most of the 2nd halves) would somehow be limited to 7 in an entire game. I mean, wtf?? That should be disrespectful to anyone on this board who actually loves the sport beyond an affiliation.

Last edited:
How many penalty yards were included in this analysis? An 8A team averaging 31.5 pts in the playoffs was held to zero in the final game. Matchups are everything.

It all depends on if zero is none , or if the CCL bias multiplication factor for the Chicago metro region is included in the calculation.

It all depends on if zero is none , or if the CCL bias multiplication factor for the Chicago metro region is included in the calculation.

I can't remember the last time ESL was shutout. The only game comes to mind was WWS semis in 07.

This season, junior quarterback Tyler Macon guided the Flyers to 714 points. According to the Illinois High School Association, that mark is tied with Arcola's 2015 team for the fifth-most points scored in a season. Peoria set the record at 805 points in 2016. The Flyers' 51 points per game average ties them with Arcola's 2015 team for 15th most in state history.

East St. Louis' 104 touchdowns this season are tied with Sacred-Heart Griffin's for second-most all-time. The record of 116 was set by Peoria in 2016. East Side's 1985 championship team scored 96 touchdowns, ninth all-time in the state record book.

Macon has made quite the impact in his two seasons under center. This season he threw for 39 touchdowns and rushed for 17 more for a new state record of 56. Jacardia Wright of St. Teresa's (Decatur) set the previous record of 55 last season. Macon also scored six 2-point conversions to give him 348 total points, good for the third most in a single season in state history. Last season he accounted for 281 points to give him 629 for his career which makes him No. 11 all-time in state history. Rockford Lutheran's James Robinson set the record of 948 in 2015 after a four-year varsity career.

Macon threw for 4,241 yards and rushed for another 827 to give him 5,068 yards of total offense, which is second in a single season in state history. Tuscola's Dusty Burk finished with 5,138 in 1997.

SHOTS FIRED!

I assumed that this board consisted of members who respected the sport more than their own personal bias for the team(s) they support.

Sorry my friend but that would apply to a minority of posters on this board. :)

ESL fans have zero to defend about their teams outstanding performance this year and neither do LWE fans. This thread (by it's very title) is inviting personal bias and subjective opinions to be offered. My advice is to not overact to anything and enjoy the glory you should be basking in.

Do you really care that much what a diehard fan of another team thinks of your team? I already know the answer...you don't. So have fun.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT