ADVERTISEMENT

Best QB on Saturday?

I answered it already for you. They were the same. The difference was this same team last year was a JV team. After one year of varsity experience, the results were outstanding. If you think MC is sooo superior, schedule PR the first game of the season. I guarantee you wouldn't be singing the same song.

Also since you mentioned size, you do know that NAZ is a 5A school right? The fact that you barely scored 30 points should be an issue right? Especially since 7A talent is SOOOOO superior. It should have been a running clock playing against little boys.........

This convo is going no where. I have ZERO affiliation with MC. Any good team can hang with teams in classes above them. I'm not saying that they don't belong on the field with them.

My entire point was that MC's defense was dominant against Naz and that MC would have likely held ESL to less than 43 points. YOU CANNOT COMPARE MACON VS PR AND JJ VS MC.

I can't guarantee that MC holds them to <43, but I can guarantee that PR doesn't have a defensive coordinator that has coached in 17 state championship games and they don't have the same athletes that MC has.

My opinions are based off of watching both the 6A/7A games, completely unbiased.

@Oop-dee-oop_4 I get what you're saying, probably wouldn't have phrased it that way as it's speculative anyways. We'll just say the MC D appeared more physically imposing than the Prairie Ridge D. We can also infer from game results the same thing. I would agree with the ESL guys in that "appearing" to be more imposing doesn't make it so. I would also point to instances where the appearance didn't = the results on the field that we would expect, like the NV, Batavia, Edwardsville, and PR games.

Fact is these ESL guys will literally say anything to push their propaganda. Being a top 10 team or being one of the top players isn't enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue Ruin
@Oop-dee-oop_4 I get what you're saying, probably wouldn't have phrased it that way as it's speculative anyways. We'll just say the MC D appeared more physically imposing than the Prairie Ridge D. We can also infer from game results the same thing. I would agree with the ESL guys in that "appearing" to be more imposing doesn't make it so. I would also point to instances where the appearance didn't = the results on the field that we would expect, like the NV, Batavia, Edwardsville, and PR games.

Fact is these ESL guys will literally say anything to push their propaganda. Being a top 10 team or being one of the top players isn't enough.

Well said! I apologize to any PR players/fans for the comment. That game was the only time I've ever seen PR play. I know they're dominant and a great team. I'm sure they would've been 6A champs if ESL was up in 7A.

It wasn't the proper way to make my point. The comment took away from what I was actually trying to say. I'm a BR fan and many of our top players the past few years don't look physically imposing, so I understand.

Macon is phenomenal. JJ is phenomenal. ESL is phenomenal. PR is a great team and program.

Can't we all just get along?

I was defending PR idiot. You have to be the most idiotic person on this board who is obsessed with ESL. What ever happened to you I hope it gets better.

To be clear, ESL is proud of ESL and will always be proud! City of Champions!

Well said! I apologize to any PR players/fans for the comment. That game was the only time I've ever seen PR play. I know they're dominant and a great team. I'm sure they would've been 6A champs if ESL was up in 7A.

It wasn't the proper way to make my point. The comment took away from what I was actually trying to say. I'm a BR fan and many of our top players the past few years don't look physically imposing, so I understand.

Macon is phenomenal. JJ is phenomenal. ESL is phenomenal. PR is a great team and program.

Can't we all just get along?

Absolutely and this was my point. Teams at a certain level can compete with all. Will they win? That is hard to say because they are all teenage kids who rise to the occasion.

Only because I have a little time and I am sick of you posting I will use your logic to put you in your place.
Your top teams have been LWE, HF, MC and Warren. You are determined to exclude ESL so I will for this discussion. Now according to you, ESL had no good wins therefore they can't be in the discussion. They only beat NV by 2 therefore they weren't good. Got it. Here we go.

HF only quality win was against "the Brook". The only other team they beat with a winning record during the regular season was Andrew at 7-3. Andrew lost first round of the 7A playoffs. Add the fact that "the Brook" lost to Andrew, we can conclude by your methodology that the Brook, who lost to Andrew and HF, who's top victory of the season was over the "Brook" ended the year with Zero quality wins. Unfortunately we can't count NV simply because that will now bring ESL back into the picture. No Dice.

Now let's move on to LWE using your logic. We have established that "the Brook" lost to Andrew, who lost in the first round of 7A is not a quality opponent. This in turn eliminate HF as a quality opponent considering their only good win was against the Brook. That being the case, LWE didn't have any good wins simply because "the Brook" and HF were their only opponents with a winning record. Unfortunately there is no way LWE can be a top team based on your logic.

MC only beat 7-4 Marmion Academy who lost in the first round of 6A by 6 points. If ESL beating 8-1 second round 8A NV by 2 eliminates them from top teams, surely this 6-0 win crushed MC hopes of ever being the top team.

Thinking about it, there was NO top team in the state this year because non of the top teams had a quality win this year. Back to the scheduling drawing board for next year. Hopefully the AD's can get some quality opponents on the schedule.

Last edited:
I get where you are coming from, but...

I didn't single out one player. I made a comment that a lower-level team wouldn't have players that started on a higher level team.

Now, if I said it to put down a team that was in the same class as another team, I can understand. BUT, PR should not have the same talent as MC. There's a reason they're in 6A and MC is 7A. MC also had a dominant performance against one of the best QBs in the country. I don't really see a reason for all of the fuss.

The entire PR D can read my comment and speculate. Some kids would disagree, I'm sure. You can't compare how they would feel without being singled out as to how JJ would feel reading a post bashing him by name. Not the same thing.
You have probably seen both teams play more than me as I only saw pr and mc play once this year. And that was against esl and naz respectively. so I cant really comment on the disparity in talent.

But, I will say that too much is being made over class. And assuming a smaller schools can't have as much talent as bigger schools. Best "team" discussion aside, esl had the most talented team in the state and they were in 6a (and tbh, should have been playing in 5a)

I was defending PR idiot. You have to be the most idiotic person on this board who is obsessed with ESL. What ever happened to you I hope it gets better.

To be clear, ESL is proud of ESL and will always be proud! City of Champions!
I know you were defending Prairie Ridge, you have to in order to continue your ESL propaganda. That's why I say you guys will say anything, you will. Furthermore you don't even understand that you're undermining your own argument. All you have is an eye test against overmatched teams, putting up 70 on Rocky and Belleville East to try and suggest you were somehow on H-F's level.

But the same way you want to say PR was equal to MC even though MC "appeared" better I can say GBW was equal to ESL even if ESL "appeared" better. The only issue is I don't have to speculate, you played NV and proved on the field you were about even.

I know you were defending Prairie Ridge, you have to in order to continue your ESL propaganda. That's why I say you guys will say anything, you will. Furthermore you don't even understand that you're undermining your own argument. All you have is an eye test against overmatched teams, putting up 70 on Rocky and Belleville East to try and suggest you were somehow on H-F's level.

But the same way you want to say PR was equal to MC even though MC "appeared" better I can say GBW was equal to ESL even if ESL "appeared" better. The only issue is I don't have to speculate, you played NV and proved on the field you were about even.

once again you keep showing your colors. ESL has nothing to do with the claim! ESL lost to MC and beat PR. Defending PR does nothing for ESL. You can’t be this slow. It would only help ESL if PR was better which they weren’t. The statement is PR is just as Physical which they are. This is from experience and not an eye test.

I will wait for you response to the other post.

Only because I have a little time and I am sick of you posting I will use your logic to put you in your place.
Your top teams have been LWE, HF, MC and Warren. You are determined to exclude ESL so I will for this discussion. Now according to you, ESL had no good wins therefore they can't be in the discussion. They only beat NV by 2 therefore they weren't good. Got it. Here we go.

HF only quality win was against "the Brook". The only other team they beat with a winning record during the regular season was Andrew at 7-3. Andrew lost first round of the 7A playoffs. Add the fact that "the Brook" lost to Andrew, we can conclude by your methodology that the Brook, who lost to Andrew and HF, who's top victory of the season was over the "Brook" ended the year with Zero quality wins. Unfortunately we can't count NV simply because that will now bring ESL back into the picture. No Dice.

Now let's move on to LWE using your logic. We have established that "the Brook" lost to Andrew, who lost in the first round of 7A is not a quality opponent. This in turn eliminate HF as a quality opponent considering their only good win was against the Brook. That being the case, LWE didn't have any good wins simply because "the Brook" and HF were their only opponents with a winning record. Unfortunately there is no way LWE can be a top team based on your logic.

MC only beat 7-4 Marmion Academy who lost in the first round of 6A by 6 points. If ESL beating 8-1 second round 8A NV by 2 eliminates them from top teams, surely this 6-0 win crushed MC hopes of ever being the top team.

Thinking about it, there was NO top team in the state this year because non of the top teams had a quality win this year. Back to the scheduling drawing board for next year. Hopefully the AD's can get some quality opponents on the schedule.
Back to prove how little you know about IL football I see.

Right off the bat you are incorrect, which isn't a surprise. You've shown an inability to comprehend what you allegedly read. NV is a good team and your best win, but they were not on the level of H-F or the teams on H-F's level and above. Had NV made a run you would have an argument. Too bad, so sad.

H-F also has a win over NV which was much more convincing than ESL's. H-F also holds a one point win over BB. Due to the Andrew loss the BB win didn't look as good until the HC blowout and win over Oswego. So you're wrong here again.

LWE holds two convincing wins over H-F (who proved to be much better than ESL via NV). A win over Warren. A win over Marist (beat LA 2x). Nothing really needs to be said here.

MC had a lot of close games which definitely weighs against them. But they do have a win over LA, Marist, Naz, etc. Nothing really needs to be said here. Plus they beat the brakes off of ESL the past two years.

There actually was a path for ESL to be confirmed. A lot of ways actually. Batavia could have gone 8-1 in dominating fashion in the regular season and won 7A by demolishing either Naz or MC the way MC did Naz. That would have proven ESL.

Edwardsville could have won 8A or even taken the 8A champs to it's closest or toughest game. As it stands they got manhandled by Minooka who got handled by Rice who got handled by Warren... You get the idea. Pretty sure you guys predicted a run for Edwardsville.

NV could have won 8A and that would have given you the edge. Instead they got handled by H-F in much more convincing fashion. You guys predicted a run for NV too.

NC could have won 8A. Instead they didn't make the playoffs.

Huntley could have won 8A afterall they were somehow able to beat the PR you want to claim was as good as MC. As it stands 2nd round exit.

Any of those options could have validated ESL as a #1 option. Not only did they not happen, it wasn't even close. If coach Sunkett wants to really be seen as #1 have him put his big boy pants on and stop running from the top class.

Right off the bat you are incorrect, which isn't a surprise. You've shown an inability to comprehend what you allegedly read. NV is a good team and your best win, but they were not on the level of H-F or the teams on H-F's level and above. Had NV made a run you would have an argument. Too bad, so sad.

H-F also has a win over NV which was much more convincing than ESL's. H-F also holds a one point win over BB. Due to the Andrew loss the BB win didn't look as good until the HC blowout and win over Oswego. So you're wrong here again.

LWE holds two convincing wins over H-F (who proved to be much better than ESL via NV). A win over Warren. A win over Marist (beat LA 2x). Nothing really needs to be said here.

MC had a lot of close games which definitely weighs against them. But they do have a win over LA, Marist, Naz, etc. Nothing really needs to be said here. Plus they beat the brakes off of ESL the past two years.

There actually was a path for ESL to be confirmed. A lot of ways actually. Batavia could have gone 8-1 in dominating fashion in the regular season and won 7A by demolishing either Naz or MC the way MC did Naz. That would have proven ESL.

Edwardsville could have won 8A or even taken the 8A champs to it's closest or toughest game. As it stands they got manhandled by Minooka who got handled by Rice who got handled by Warren... You get the idea. Pretty sure you guys predicted a run for Edwardsville.

NV could have won 8A and that would have given you the edge. Instead they got handled by H-F in much more convincing fashion.

Huntley could have won 8A.

Any of those options could have validated ESL as a #1 option. Not only did they not happen, it wasn't even close. If coach Sunkett wants to really be seen as #1 have him put his big boy pants on and stop running from the top class.

So you proved that you have a complete narrative finally!

So you proved that you have a complete narrative finally!
I'll take this as an acknowledgement that ESL doesn't have an argument for #1 other than "look at all our offers" which is great. It just doesn't justify #1 or #2 or #3 or #4 etc. I'd have to put you right above NV if I did a top 20.

NV could have won 8A and that would have given you the edge. Instead they got handled by H-F in much more convincing fashion. You guys predicted a run for NV too.

Huntley could have won 8A afterall they were somehow able to beat the PR you want to claim was as good as MC. As it stands 2nd round exit.

Man, you are special!!! You should be a programmer with all the if, then stuff that you have going. But then again, you probably would end up with a bunch of open-loop algorithms.

Simply put, ESL and LWE had a common opponent this year in NC which, if anything, is the most viable of all matchups in formulating any possible outcome between LWE and ESL. Why are you avoiding the results of the NC games, when they are the easiest correlation?

ESL took a 5 hour bus ride to play a Friday night game in Chicagoland and put a running clock on NC. Something that has never been done to a quality program like NC.

Much like prior to that, ESL took a 5 hour bus ride to play NV on a Friday night after having held no practices that week (heat advisory). NV played their best game throughout the matchup, ESL played their worst defensively. ESL and NV both walked away having learned from the encounter.

NV gained the confidence to carry them with no other losses until the 2nd round of the 8A playoffs!

ESL walked away with the attitude that never again would they take their feet off the GAS!

In essence, every other team that ESL faced after NV has NV to thank for large deficit losses, more particularly, NC can thank NV for that historic running clock.

Last edited:
I'll take this as an acknowledgement that ESL doesn't have an argument for #1 other than "look at all our offers" which is great. It just doesn't justify #1 or #2 or #3 or #4 etc. I'd have to put you right above NV if I did a top 20.
I’m driving but not one person ever mention the number of offers A kid has in this post at all

I'm just assuming you guys know Missouri football. If your MO analysis is anything like your IL analysis then you don't know the Show Me state either.

Please tell us again how NV was going to make a run and how PR is as good as MC.

We already know ESL likes to run the score up on overmatched teams instead of winning with class. What I keep asking you guys is what happens when you play good teams?

Snake, it’s really not as hard as you’re making it out to be. I’m trying to help you actually become “Solid Snake.” This is a slam dunk for you.

ESL was technically up 28-7 at the half mark.

Last edited:
Yes, LWE wins with class. ESL likes to put 60 up on non-playoff teams, but scrape by 2nd round 8A teams by 2. We already know that.

I'm just assuming you guys know Missouri football. If your MO analysis is anything like your IL analysis then you don't know the Show Me state either.

Please tell us again how NV was going to make a run and how PR is as good as MC.
The wizard of Illinois football. Who is the winningest program in Illinois?

Yes, LWE wins with class. ESL likes to put 60 up on non-playoff teams, but scrape by 2nd round 8A teams by 2. We already know that.

Oh, so what you’re really trying to establish is that ESL is classless?? I really think that all of your energy stems from your desire to ultimately push this ideology. It has absolutely nothing to do with football.

According to you, ESL is damned if they do and damned if they don’t. ESL blows teams out and to you they are “classless”, but on the other hand when they allow a team to hang by score only, they are weak or not that good.

Look, we get it. It happens quite often. You’re just a hater of all things ESL.

Last edited:
Oh, so what you’re really trying to establish is that ESL is classless?? I really think that all of your energy stems from your desire to ultimately push this ideology. It has absolutely nothing to do with football.

According to you, ESL is damned if they do and damned if they don’t. ESL blows teams out and to you they are “classless”, but when they allow a team to hang by score only, they are weak or not that good.

Look, we get it. It happens quite often. You’re just a hater of all things ESL.
I think the fact you fellas keep pointing to that game as some great accomplishment says more about you guys. You all are extremely proud about running up the score on a non-playoff team. Yet, you don't want to talk about lucking out against NV.

I think the fact you fellas keep pointing to that game as some great accomplishment says more about you guys. You all are extremely proud about running up the score on a non-playoff team. Yet, you don't want to talk about lucking out against NV.

lead by two to three scores most of the game. Out of 14 games we have a lot to be proud of. You love NV and we are proud of you for that. Keep up the good work while the #19 team in the country celebrate a championship!

Reactions: TigerforFlyers
lead by two to three scores most of the game. Out of 14 games we have a lot to be proud of. You love NV and we are proud of you for that. Keep up the good work while the #19 team in the country celebrate a championship!
https://football.dailyherald.com/sp...uqua-valley-in-shootout-loss-to-east-st-louis

This article doesn't corroborate your story at all. Like I said, you guys will say anything. You all were a great 6A team, best 6A team in the state. Why isn't that enough for you, why continue saying anything to make it seem better when we can fact check you easily?

You insisted on using a single fixed point in your data set, so I only gave and will continue to give you another corollary.

https://football.dailyherald.com/sp...uqua-valley-in-shootout-loss-to-east-st-louis

This article doesn't corroborate your story at all. Like I said, you guys will say anything. You all were a great 6A team, best 6A team in the state. Why isn't that enough for you, why continue saying anything to make it seem better when we can fact check you easily?

Fact Check!
ESL
Winningest program in the state of Illinois
9 Titles most by any public school (I think lol)
12 Title appearances
1 National Championship for sure 85
1 questionable championship 89
2016 Number 17 in the Country
2019 Currently ranked 19 in Country
With AJ announcing he makes the 9 kid to play in a High School New Years All American Game

45 State Championships in Football, Basketball and Track and Field
3 Olympic Gold Medalist in Track and Field
Country NFL players
3 NBA players.

This is the City of Champions! We are ESL. WE ARE PROUD!

Whether you think ESL is the best team in the state is irrelavent. ESL don't care about being the best team in the State. We absolutely like the National recognition (19th in the Country) better. You can talk about NV all you want.

2019 Season
Scored 714 points
only trailed for less than 2 minutes the entire season.
14-0
QB scored 56 touchdowns which is a state record.
Won 12 of 14 games by 20 points are more.
9 running clocks this season all in the 3rd quarter

Yes we are proud and always will be. Enjoy my friend and work hard in the off season! ESL will!

Don't ever mistake having fun on a message board as giving a damn about your opinion of ESL. You don't matter in real life however, this is fun to us.

FLYER NATION!!!!!!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT