ADVERTISEMENT

Best QB on Saturday?

What’s with the personal shot? It matters not to me the outcomes of today’s games ; but my eyes don’t lie. The young man from Rochester was a stone cold assassin today. As I’ve said before, you should be proud of esl. They are an excellent team and the 6a champs. They will represent it well next year.
I can agree with it, but JV????

PR QB that is

Stop talking shit about a kid who is 16. I’m not sure how much you know about tackle football, but if your O line in struggling even the best QB will have a rough day. And yes, Tyler had a great day if that’s what you are driving at here.

Did you not get hugged enough as a child that you need this much validation?

IMO, Lynch and Macon... I do not have any clue who any of the kids were on Mount Carmel and I do not follow them but the one guy that really stood out in that game was number 77. Both sides of the ball.. on defense if they did not double team him he got through. And when they did double team him, the blitzing linebacker came in free making McCarthy panic.

Glad we can all agree that there should be 3 more weeks of football with a "tournament of champions"
IHSA should allow ONE tournament of champions game, let a panel vote. This year: LWE v MC. ESTL v Rochester would be #2 for intrigue factor (Flyers win by 20+), but Lena Winslow v RB is the pick for game 2

JJ was playing one of the top defenses in the state and boy did they get after it. No, he didn't have the best day but to boil down what he's done so far to one game really only shows that the person critiquing doesn't understand football.

That said the Rochester QB Bruno had a helluva morning against what most consider a more physically imposing defense. Lynch did it against a more or less equally talented squad. Macon looked dominant against a team that he should have dominated. So I'd put them in that order.

5 td’s on 5 qb runs called by the coach who happens to be his brother at the exclusion of the star rb. I’m not saying I’m just saying.
Really! Odeluga had roughly 30 carries, and several attempts within the red zone. I wouldn’t say he was slighted, there’s been several games when Odeluga had multiple touchdowns. Odeluga’s unselfish play opened opportunities for for Lynch to score. Listen to an interview, those kids didn’t care who scored, they just wanted the win.

With that tandem returning, who knows maybe next year Odeluga has a 5 TD Championship Game. However, 176 yards on 29 carries against a defense who knew he’d carry the ball speaks volumes in my opinion.

They got the win...

However, 176 yards on 29 carries against a defense who knew he’d carry the ball speaks volumes in my opinion.

Key to the game was wrapping this kid up. Naz didn’t execute on this and definitely was a huge difference in the game.

Reactions: Gene K.
Key to the game was wrapping this kid up. Naz didn’t execute on this and definitely was a huge difference in the game.
Yes! I agree, Odeluga’s play is a center piece in the offense. I also believe that if weather conditions was better, Lynch’s play calling is known to get more exotic by going vertical to Parker and Livermore. Could’ve got uglier by halftime...

Reactions: Blue Ruin
That said the Rochester QB Bruno had a helluva morning against what most consider a more physically imposing defense
Not sure anyone considers the SR defense more physically imposing than any of the 6 teams that played after them. Great game for the Rochester QB though. No doubt about that.

Yes! I agree, Odeluga’s play is a center piece in the offense. I also believe that if weather conditions was better, Lynch’s play calling is known to get more exotic by going vertical to Parker and Livermore. Could’ve got uglier by halftime...

If weather was better Naz would likely have been better on O too.

If weather was better Naz would likely have been better on O too.
I’ll admit, initially I thought weather affected their play, but as the game progressed I realized that our defense was just too disruptive. Rain or shine, he wasn’t allowed time to work through any progressions. Their running game was rendered to 21 total yards. Not sure if there’s much difference if they played in August.

Naz is a great team, they have just as much coming back next year, so I’m sure their paths may cross again.

you just basically attacked every kid on the PR def anonymously. how is that different?

and no esl fan is going to say anything bad about mc. they have our number right now

When people make predictions and say certain teams will not beat certain teams, are they calling out every kid on the team anonymously?

All I'm saying is if you had the 22 players from MC D and PR D next to each other and in neutral jerseys, I have a feeling the 11 you pick based off of the eye-test would be from MC.

PR didn't look as physically imposing as MC does, as they shouldn't since MC is a private 7A school that recruits talent. (Not a bash on private schools at all).

When people make predictions and say certain teams will not beat certain teams, are they calling out every kid on the team anonymously?

All I'm saying is if you had the 22 players from MC D and PR D next to each other and in neutral jerseys, I have a feeling the 11 you pick based off of the eye-test would be from MC.

PR didn't look as physically imposing as MC does, as they shouldn't since MC is a private 7A school that recruits talent. (Not a bash on private schools at all).

PR was just a physical as MC. Stop it. ESL scored 19 last year with three lost fumbles without receivers Powell (800 yards) and Dominic (1500 yards) with a year younger Macon and Johnson. ESL offense was 10 times better this year versus last year.

PR was just a physical as MC. Stop it. ESL scored 19 last year with three lost fumbles without receivers Powell (800 yards) and Dominic (1500 yards) with a year younger Macon and Johnson. ESL offense was 10 times better this year versus last year.

Send Hudl links of players that match up with Jalen Grant and Odeluga from MC.

Reactions: Blue Ruin
Hard to argue that Kyle Koelblinger on PR wasn't the toughest Dude (pound for pound) on that field for the 6a game.

Reactions: CGsupporter
You mean before Macon could drive a car? Maybe next year we can meet up again - would not Mc and ESL have been great today? Even down 0-2, ESL v MC would have been satisfying, yes?
You don’t want to see MC next year.

Well that's not what you said at all. You said no kid on pr would start for mc on def. I'll use your words... none of pr kids asked to be compared to the mc kids.

I just don't see any difference in the comments you made, and the comments you called someone else out for.

Lynch, Bruno, and Macon put on a show, but all three benefited from their supporting personnel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K.
did JJ even throw for 100 yards this game?

8 for 25 and 116 yards.

number 77

In addition, just on defense: Tommy Egan, Austin Haygood, Lance Swain, Austin Ramirez, Jack Butcher, Marty O'Brien, Sam Del Valle, Mario Davis, Sean Brady, Ben Perry, Jeremy Moriarty, and Sam Jamison. Each one was singled out this year for special recognition. And I'm sure I missed a few. Yikes!

Last edited:
Well that's not what you said at all. You said no kid on pr would start for mc on def. I'll use your words... none of pr kids asked to be compared to the mc kids.

I just don't see any difference in the comments you made, and the comments you called someone else out for.

I get where you are coming from, but...

I didn't single out one player. I made a comment that a lower-level team wouldn't have players that started on a higher level team.

Now, if I said it to put down a team that was in the same class as another team, I can understand. BUT, PR should not have the same talent as MC. There's a reason they're in 6A and MC is 7A. MC also had a dominant performance against one of the best QBs in the country. I don't really see a reason for all of the fuss.

The entire PR D can read my comment and speculate. Some kids would disagree, I'm sure. You can't compare how they would feel without being singled out as to how JJ would feel reading a post bashing him by name. Not the same thing.

Hard to argue that Kyle Koelblinger on PR wasn't the toughest Dude (pound for pound) on that field for the 6a game.

See how you said pound for pound? That's my point...There is a size difference. You wouldn't say pound for pound about Odeluga or Lynch.

I don't mean to offend any PR players or fans. I was very impressed with how they pursued to the ball and their toughness in general. They were a very tough team. At the end of the day, you can't control your size but you can control your effort which is all you can ask for.

The Flyers played both teams. Ask them who was more physical :)
(MC semi-final team vs PR state team)

"The defining moment came late in the third quarter in last year's quarterfinal game against Mount Carmel," Mitchom said. "On the first play of the game…they just rocked Tyler with some major hits. After that, Tyler was playing like Mount Carmel had 30 guys chasing after him. For the first time all season last year, he was just a sophomore doing sophomore things. A great defense will expose you, and Mount Carmel exposed him, yet a great defense can also help you develop and get better along the way."

That’s two kids. U said all 11 MC defensive players were more physical than the PR kids. That’s a stretch

I didn't say physical, I said they wouldn't start. You can be as physical as you want, but if you're 5'8 160 and your competition is 6'0 205....good luck.

I will admit, I just looked through Edgy's photo album from the game. They are a little bigger than they looked on TV.

Folks, I was very impressed by PR. Do they have any D1 offers? For them to hang with the most talented team in the state is something to be extremely proud of. I know my comment can be deemed negative, but that wasn't my attempt.

Reading this "What happened to the JJ kid for Naz? He does not look like a top 3 QB at all. Big time players make big time plays in big time games." got me fired up. The audacity to call out a 16? year old after the biggest game of his life and compare two totally different situations is mind-blowing to me.

Lena-Winslow scored 58 points on Friday night. ESL only scored 43. Lena-Winslow obviously has the best offense in the state!

o_O

The Flyers played both teams. Ask them who was more physical :)
(MC semi-final team vs PR state team)

"The defining moment came late in the third quarter in last year's quarterfinal game against Mount Carmel," Mitchom said. "On the first play of the game…they just rocked Tyler with some major hits. After that, Tyler was playing like Mount Carmel had 30 guys chasing after him. For the first time all season last year, he was just a sophomore doing sophomore things. A great defense will expose you, and Mount Carmel exposed him, yet a great defense can also help you develop and get better along the way."

I answered it already for you. They were the same. The difference was this same team last year was a JV team. After one year of varsity experience, the results were outstanding. If you think MC is sooo superior, schedule PR the first game of the season. I guarantee you wouldn't be singing the same song.

Also since you mentioned size, you do know that NAZ is a 5A school right? The fact that you barely scored 30 points should be an issue right? Especially since 7A talent is SOOOOO superior. It should have been a running clock playing against little boys.........

ADVERTISEMENT