ADVERTISEMENT

Best Helmet Ever?

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Fisher Bunnies helmet.
5ba30593b1536-DCCAD5F5-CB4C-45D9-A152-21883FDF9A4E.jpeg

Seahawks really bad this year (and that’s my team and bears #2)

Edgy Did you post the iPod replay of the 12pm edgy Program? I can’t seem to find it anywhere.

Hate to say it but Loyola Academy is recognizable, simple and awesome. Don’t need bells and whistles on your head, having unique school colors and reputation are enough. In College, I think VT were the first to have that awesome matte finished helmet though.

Too many to pick.Old ones no longer in use Gorc on the Rich Central helmets,Reavis with the notched Ram Horns & stars for good plays,Eckridge sausage E on Joliet East,Indian on Horseback at Eastridge,Skull & Crossbones in Bolingbrook in the 80’s,Torch & Flame Bloom Trail,State of Illinois with HF Plus the HF letters with the Viking logo,Gator on the Lockport helmets early 90’s,Injun Joe on the Bremen helmets & the Old New England Patriot logo on Peotone Helmets exceptba Devil.Lemont & Luther South had cool Indian logos mid 80’s

I believe the best helmet can be seen as my icon, however the Bunnies helmet is pretty epic

I like simple, classic helmet logos.
If I remember correctly, Immaculate Conception used to have a simple white IC on their dark blue helmets. the letter "I" ran vertical through the middle of the letter "C". Classic look. Love that.

I prefer helmets to be unique and not college/pro logo ripoffs. A few that come to mind are Carmel, this year's Glenbrook North's, Saint Pat's when they have the Shamrock on them (I guess they don't have them for opening week or something), Lane Tech has had some really sharp ones in the past and ESL's helmet with the plane on it.

I just like seeing schools be unique with their logos or use their uncommon nickname and put it on their helmet (Freeport should just slap a giant pretzel on their helmets and be done with it)

Fisher Bunnies take the cake in this state

From time-to-time, schools with the Mustang mascot may use on their helmets that signature Ford logo, as SMU has sported (usually in red) for decades. I have always liked that.

Reactions: RockSoup
De La Salle has an outline of the skyline that looks pretty cool. And of course I like the old fashion MC helmets. Plain white with the Brown MC logo. Goal achievement stickers on back. Don’t mess with a classic

Reactions: Bowie50 and EdgyTim
I like DLS’s Chicago skyline, really cool. I’ve seen Marist put the Chicago flag in their M logo & I don’t feel that. I can hit a golf ball from Marist into Alsip & I stink at golf. Annexed territory, surrounded by Oak Lawn on 2 sides & Alsip on another?....not really Chicago

I like DLS’s Chicago skyline, really cool. I’ve seen Marist put the Chicago flag in their M logo & I don’t feel that. I can hit a golf ball from Marist into Alsip & I stink at golf. Annexed territory, surrounded by Oak Lawn on 2 sides & Alsip on another?....not really Chicago

Geography lesson

Easily the best in the nation....any level! I like that they did the the up close view of the bunny not just some dumb cartoon looking one on the side. Does anybody else think the Riddell at the bunnies mouth look like teeth?

I really like Edwardsville's helmets a few years back. I think 2012, maybe 2013. Matte black with what I remember being metallic orange claw marks.

Rice is across the street from Oak Lawn and Evergreen Pk. "Not really Chicago" either.

RE helmets, I like the Brook, but the Bunnies take the carrot cake.

Rice is across the street from Oak Lawn and Evergreen Pk. "Not really Chicago" either.
All the first responders (CPD & CFD) living in Talley's Corner at the NE corner of 103rd & Pulaski might argue with this statement and are glad it IS Chicago.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
All the first responders (CPD & CFD) living in Talley's Corner at the NE corner of 103rd & Pulaski might argue with this statement and are glad it IS Chicago.

You’re not following me here. Tally’s corner was a nice edition to the area.
By go Rice’s definition, if you are surrounded by suburbs, then you can’t really be “Chicago”. Rice and Marist are surrounded by the same number of suburbs.

I also like sterling golden warriors helmets.

Yea, you don't feel it cause you went to Rice. The Marist helmet with the city flag was/is awesome. Besides, Marist hallways are loaded with sons and daughters of CPD, CFD, and many city workers as well. A nice tribute to them all. Very, very cool. An easy top 10 helmet.

Reactions: Gene K. and spr8484
Fisher Bunnies followed closely by CG’s Penn State helmets...

Are those carrot swords on the top of the helmets? (For good plays or tackles or something?)

If they are carrots, - that is absolutely fantastic.

Best mascot is the UC Santa Cruz Banana Slugs! A little yellow slug with glasses reading a book! Made famous by the totally awesome film...Pulp Fiction

Reactions: caravan8
I'm biased, but I like the classic JC helmet. Brown helmet with the white victory light. With the exception of a year when the schools merged, it has been basically the same helmet for last 40 years.

Also a big fan of the white MC helmet with the MC on the side

I'm biased, but I like the classic JC helmet. Brown helmet with the white victory light. With the exception of a year when the schools merged, it has been basically the same helmet for last 40 years.

Also a big fan of the white MC helmet with the MC on the side

The MC helmet is awesome .. period. Thanks, USD

ADVERTISEMENT