ADVERTISEMENT

Best Group of WR's

Wassup13

Nov 9, 2002
Which team this spring do you think has a great group of starting WR's??

I know my pick, who is yours?

Mount Carmel has 2 returning starters in Jaali Parker (Western Michigan) and Jack Butcher (Wisconsin-Lacrosse). They also have Kyheim Schooler who had a lot of playing time last year. Also added Marist transfer Tucker Miller. And they all got Lynch to throw to them!

Had Tate not left for IMG and Miller to MC them I would have said Marist hands down if you add Simms to the mix as well.

Who does Rochester and SHG have this year?
Rochester returns Junior Hank Beatty, who will also play QB at times. Beatty, who had a huge Sophomore year, has recently been offered by the U of I. Other players to watch are Seniors Matt Baker (Murray State), Brayden Perisho (McKendree), and Jack Friedewald (Illinois Weslyean), who are all big targets with some experience. Friedewald also plays QB. Senior Tyler Gade will be more of a slot receiver. He missed the regular season in 2019 with injuries.

Rochester returns Junior Hank Beatty, who will also play QB at times. Beatty, who had a huge Sophomore year, has recently been offered by the U of I. Other players to watch are Seniors Matt Baker (Murray State), Brayden Perisho (McKendree), and Jack Friedewald (Illinois Weslyean), who are all big targets with some experience. Friedewald also plays QB. Senior Tyler Gade will be more of a slot receiver. He missed the regular season in 2019 with injuries.

Do you think they will be switching QBs between Friedewald and Beatty? Im not familiar with the program but I did see Beatty absolutely light it up in the championships. The announcers said beatty would be QB, but just curious how or if offense would be better off using both kids at qb.

Do you think they will be switching QBs between Friedewald and Beatty? Im not familiar with the program but I did see Beatty absolutely light it up in the championships. The announcers said beatty would be QB, but just curious how or if offense would be better off using both kids at qb.
I think Beatty will take the majority of the snaps. He’s the best athlete on the team and has a powerful arm. Beatty only played a handful of games at QB for the freshman team before moving to varsity full-time as a WR mid season in 2018. Friedewald is a Senior and has waited for four years for his opportunity. He is a pure passer. Derek has rotated QB’s before in both 2016 and 2018. Both of those years he had a Junior and a Senior option. Based on this and the lack of playoffs in the spring, I think Friedewald will get 1/3 of the snaps.

Reactions: stl705 and Gene K.
Who does Rochester and SHG have this year?

All..... A pretty extensive group in the works for the Cyclones. Leading the pack Keshon Singleton. He will be difficult to stop. Kadinn Morris and younger brother Madixx should see some action. Peyton Fay, Jimmy Capecci and Jake Hamilton. Senior rb Alex Sweetland likely at times will be put into the slot as well as in motion to receive passes. He is good enough in a full season to be able in having over 1000 yards in rushing and pass catching. A shame it's only going to be a six game season..... Ratsy

For St. Rita Henry Wilson (Western Michigan) will line up on one side. If Kaleb Brown (Alabama, ND, Michigan.....) lines up on the other side they would be a formidable pair.

Probably expect Brown to play more WR than RB this spring to keep him healthy for quick turn around in fall but someone flying under the radar behind them is St. Thomas (MN) commit Isaiah Bragg.

Three division 1 WRs returning with two QBs with experience would've been quite a run for the Mustangs this fall.

Probably expect Brown to play more WR than RB this spring to keep him healthy for quick turn around in fall but someone flying under the radar behind them is St. Thomas (MN) commit Isaiah Bragg.

Three division 1 WRs returning with two QBs with experience would've been quite a run for the Mustangs this fall.
Brown, Wilson, and who is the third?

Fenwick has a pair of WRs receiving plenty of D1 offers, Eian Pugh (Cincinnati verbal commit) and Max Reese. Jonas Capek and Bryan Hunt supply good depth.

Reactions: Clint Cosgrove
ADVERTISEMENT