ADVERTISEMENT

Bears Football Talk

what did you see out of Goff vs SF that would give you the impression that he’s playing well? Keep in mind SF playedwith only one healthy starter in the secondary.

Also his wins of late are over the Giants and Washington.
Additionally he’s been a dumpster fire vs Chicago the last two years.

won’t be a very high scoring game but I like the way Nick is playing vs the way Goff has.

Just looked at the season passer ratings for Foles and Goff.

Foles = 84
Goff = 108

Just looked at the season passer ratings for Foles and Goff.

Foles = 84
Goff = 108

opponents faced

Foles
Falcons
Colts
Bucs
Panthers

Goff
Cowboys
Washington
49ers
Giants
Bills
Eagles

I think Foles has faced a little bit - actually a lot better comp. Bucs and Colts are both higher rated and were very highly rated when he faced them.

This will be the first top level defense Goff will see.

Hate to play the devil's advocate but the Bears have only beaten 1 team with a winning record so far.

However, that doesn't detract from your point.

4 wins for LA
Dallas
Giants
Washington
Philly

Nor exactly murderers row.

bears have beaten

Lions 3-3
Giants
Falcons
Bucs 5-2
Panthers 3-2 when Bears beat them

Chicago has played a significantly tougher schedule - but let’s go one step further

LA
Prescott
Wentz
Jones
Allen/Smith

Chicago
Stafford
Ryan
Brady
Bridgewater
Jones

I’d call this a draw - but I wouldn’t.

I guess we shall see tonight.

I like the Bears chances. I was more concerned when the Bears played Brady/Bucs. This will be the Rams toughest game this year, I can’t say the same about the Bears.

Last edited:
Reactions: LakeCtyNewt
4 wins for LA
Dallas
Giants
Washington
Philly

Nor exactly murderers row.

bears have beaten

Lions 3-3
Giants
Falcons
Bucs 5-2
Panthers 3-2 when Bears beat them

Chicago has played a significantly tougher schedule - but let’s go one step further

LA
Prescott
Wentz
Jones
Allen/Smith

Chicago
Stafford
Ryan
Brady
Bridgewater
Jones

I’d call this a draw - but I wouldn’t.

I guess we shall see tonight.

Yeah I'm not trying to back myself into a corner by saying Goff is a better QB or that the Bears have had a softer schedule. I'm really excited they have done this well so far. Let's hope for a great showing tonight.

Whoever wins the NFC East perhaps...
Would you and Walter like to make a bet on tonight's game? I'll take the Rams and you two can take the Bears and let's see how it works out.

Here's the bet. If the Bears win tonight, I will not post here until at least Thanksgiving. If the Rams win, you two don't post for the same length of time. Care to take it?

Like I said before, I really don't like this game for making a pick. It comes down to who gets more pressure. Goff folds when he gets hit, and we all know what happens to the Bears...

Would you and Walter like to make a bet on tonight's game? I'll take the Rams and you two can take the Bears and let's see how it works out.

Here's the bet. If the Bears win tonight, I will not post here until at least Thanksgiving. If the Rams win, you two don't post for the same length of time. Care to take it?

The Bears are -6 no one with a functioning brain would take that bet.

I think the Rams win 26-14.

I already made my prediction on this thread.

8 rushing attempts for 20 yards in the first half. Foles has been sacked twice and is consistently under pressure. This O line is just plain bad.

Nagy.still doesn’t know how to use timeouts.

Yet, it’s a one score game and they certainly aren’t out of it. Seems to be the Bears M.O.

How do you not call the final timeout and at least make them snap the ball on 4th down? Just boneheaded decisions by this staff.

They can't block, and they have few playmakers. But, more than anything, this is a very unprepared and unorganized offense. Bad move to go for it on 4th and 1 deep in their own territory, but they can't stay onside? They start to build some momentum and then burn two timeouts? Why? They can't get on the same page offensively?

Ok, most of us knew they had too many weaknesses on offense (terrible O line) to win tonight including the poor play calling and clock management

That said, that damn punter for the Rams had the game of his life tonight.

and I still feel better with Foles at QB instead of Mitch.

Congrats ClownBaby, you pretty much nailed the final score. 👍 And as a reward... one of my favorite scenes from "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia".

Last edited:
Pretty ugly. ClownBaby & LTHS we’re right although as bad as the Bears played the Rams are not that good. The Bears O-Line can’t block and our run defense needs to improve.

Pretty ugly. ClownBaby & LTHS we’re right although as bad as the Bears played the Rams are not that good. The Bears O-Line can’t block and our run defense needs to improve.

I'm just glad you got your thread back from the baseball thieves.

I think we can all agree the Bears are really not a very good football team. Yeah, they might win 10 or 11 games. But against who? No question the NFC West is the best division top to bottom in the NFL. All four of those teams are better than the Bears.

Leonard Floyd was the #1 player on the field last night.

=====

It was great watching the Seahawks vs the Cardinals QBs play this week. I would die having one of them on the Bears.

• Haha
Reactions: PowerI66
Leonard Floyd was the #1 player on the field last night.

=====

It was great watching the Seahawks vs the Cardinals QBs play this week. I would die having one of them on the Bears.
You know something? I don't think any QB can with with this offense. It is a mess. I know you worship Mahomes. But if he was playing here, he probably would have been injured or at the very least, running for his life each game. If you take away the QBs the remainder of KC's offense is superior to the Bears. And I haven't even mentioned how they are run, yet.

I was reading an article in the Trib either yesterday or Sunday. In it, there was a phrase, "the offense is a work in progress." No, the offense is a disaster. All my life with the exception of a few seasons here and there, the offense has been "a work in progress." Maybe it's just me. But are there any other franchises that have a weak offense year after year, decade after decade? When was the last time anyone here looked at a Bears offense and said, "Wow! they are good!"

Reactions: Gene K.
When was the last time anyone here looked at a Bears offense and said, "Wow! they are good!"

Well the Bears never have a good QB. McMahon was good coming out of BYU. I was happy with his production on the Bears. I did not like any other Bears QB in my lifetime.

At least it's never been as bad as the Abe Gibron and Bobby Douglas era.

I spent a lot of time wondering the QB situation for the Bears. Foles has a slightly better arm, while Trubisky moves a lot better. The Foles experiment, however, seems to show that the QB is not necessarily the problem. Foles arguments with Nagy show me that the problems are deeper and may be a result of the offense's limitations...

The Foles controversy with the Griese interview seems to put most of the pieces together. The offensive line issues are so deep that there is no run game - slamming the ball between the tackles to try and keep defenses honest. Nobody is taking any sort of play action seriously. The d lines just pin their ears back and attack, not giving any pass routes deeper than 5 yards time to develop. the key play, then, has become the 3-4 yard crossing pattern or the 6 yard button hook becauser there is enough time to get those plays off. Anything longer and Foles is expecting to get hit...hence the comment to Griese...

It might be time to go back to Trubisky and do what the Rams were doing Monday - rolling out, bootlegging, run - pass options to minimize the awful line effort...

I spent a lot of time wondering the QB situation for the Bears. Foles has a slightly better arm, while Trubisky moves a lot better. The Foles experiment, however, seems to show that the QB is not necessarily the problem. Foles arguments with Nagy show me that the problems are deeper and may be a result of the offense's limitations...

The Foles controversy with the Griese interview seems to put most of the pieces together. The offensive line issues are so deep that there is no run game - slamming the ball between the tackles to try and keep defenses honest. Nobody is taking any sort of play action seriously. The d lines just pin their ears back and attack, not giving any pass routes deeper than 5 yards time to develop. the key play, then, has become the 3-4 yard crossing pattern or the 6 yard button hook becauser there is enough time to get those plays off. Anything longer and Foles is expecting to get hit...hence the comment to Griese...

It might be time to go back to Trubisky and do what the Rams were doing Monday - rolling out, bootlegging, run - pass options to minimize the awful line effort...

I disagree with going back to Trubisky. I am sure Foles can roll out if they put it in the play book. Trubisky can’t see down field and when he does throw the ball he isn’t accurate at all. Yes Trubisky can run but it’s only a matter of time until he gets hurt running the ball. I think the big issue is Nagy calling the plays, he is awful. He needs to listen to Foles he knows how to move the offense. The O-Line is a big problem that won’t get fixed fast.

I disagree with going back to Trubisky. I am sure Foles can roll out if they put it in the play book. Trubisky can’t see down field and when he does throw the ball he isn’t accurate at all. Yes Trubisky can run but it’s only a matter of time until he gets hurt running the ball. I think the big issue is Nagy calling the plays, he is awful. He needs to listen to Foles he knows how to move the offense. The O-Line is a big problem that won’t get fixed fast.
Corey, I agree 100% that the Bears can't go back to Trubisky. He has had his chance and then some. I don't think he will ever develop into a successful starting QB in the NFL. And I also agree with your assertion of Nagy's play calling. Or lack thereof. Couple all that with the lack of talented personnel on the offense and these are the results you get.

Corey, I agree 100% that the Bears can't go back to Trubisky. He has had his chance and then some. I don't think he will ever develop into a successful starting QB in the NFL. And I also agree with your assertion of Nagy's play calling. Or lack thereof. Couple all that with the lack of talented personnel on the offense and these are the results you get.

Agreed
I also agree with your earlier post that it wouldn’t matter if our QB was Mahomes. We don’t have the o-line or skill players needed to win. The Bears will make the playoffs but I don’t see them getting past the first round. That said I hope I am wrong.

O-line play and Nagy's play calling are what's hurting this team. What the @#$% was Nagy doing on that 4th & 1 play in the 3rd, calling for a toss sweep to a wide receiver (sorry, Cordelle Patterson is not a running back but Nagy has essentially made him one) that got absolutely stuffed behind the line.

A very good defense is being wasted by an inept offense. Fire Ryan Pace, please.

Reactions: markmacaluso
Stop drinking.

Lol
No drinking just saying even Mahomes can’t win if he is on his back every play because our o-line can’t block. The Bears have absolutely no running game. Our receivers are not very good and they drop a lot of balls that should be caught.

Lol
No drinking just saying even Mahomes can’t win if he is on his back every play because our o-line can’t block. The Bears have absolutely no running game. Our receivers are not very good and they drop a lot of balls that should be caught.

Great players make every member in that huddle a better player. Everybody in the Bears offensive huddle gave up the day Trubiskey was picked.

Great players make every member in that huddle a better player. Everybody in the Bears offensive huddle gave up the day Trubiskey was picked.
Once again you are making nonsensical statements in this thread. Why don't you look at the Chiefs vs the Bears at every offensive position? Please tell me where the Bears best the Chiefs.

Once again you are making nonsensical statements in this thread. Why don't you look at the Chiefs vs the Bears at every offensive position? Please tell me where the Bears best the Chiefs.

Mahomes made every player in his offensive huddle a better player.

Why has the Bears offense pretty much all through its history always sucked?

Alvin Kamara vs the Bears. How ironic.

Kamara was picked with one of the three draft picks the Bears traded away to move up one draft spot to get Trubisky.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT