ADVERTISEMENT

Audio: EDGYcation: Recruiting Talk

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
EDGYcation: Recruiting.

Plan is to have this as a regular weekly feature/podcast and Marques Sullivan is hopefully going to be a regular contributor along with some additional guests etc.

Let me know what you think....

Preview here first then free prob tomorrow

EDGYcation: Recruiting.

Plan is to have this as a regular weekly feature/podcast and Marques Sullivan is hopefully going to be a regular contributor along with some additional guests etc.

Let me know what you think....

Preview here first then free prob tomorrow

I remember playing against Marques when he was at Fenwick. He was awesome! The entire back of my jersey had grass and mud stains due to all of the pancake blocks. Great addition!

I really enjoyed listening to both Marques and yourself talk about recruiting. When my son was going through recruiting several years ago I was as confused about the process as just about anyone. My main resource was Edgy and the advice that was given on the boards. Michael and Andrew Schofield's father wrote a great essay on college recruiting which was invaluable. Michael was highly recruited so that was easy, Andrew, as are most high school players, was not. Mr. Schofield wrote that he made it his job to get Andrew's tape (I guess those days are over) before as many college coaches as possible. I wish I had kept that essay and was able to post it.

Marques and yourself made mention of the importance of the high school coach. Believe it. My son, after playing three years in college, was a grad transfer. 4 years after he had graduated from high school one of the coaches for a university that was recruiting him and eventually transferred to, went back to his high school coach to as part of his evaluation process.

Once again I enjoyed listening to the podcast and hope that parents and recruits take your advice to heart. Thanks for everything

ADVERTISEMENT