ADVERTISEMENT

Ask Soucie: Week 9 Playoff Projections here

Ok I'll go first! In 5A you have (16) Woodstock MCC at (1) Phillips, and (15) St Viator at (2) Sterling. If both are 5-4, meaning Viator loses to ND and MCC beats St Pats, wouldn't it be the other way around? MCC has 38 playoff points and Viator 35 now. I don't see how they get more points than MCC in one week.

Hey Souc, hope your new computer is up and running.

If NV doesn’t beat GN and no other upsets occur, do you see GW as the 7, 8 or 9 seed in 8A?

Wow, what a difference a bracket makes. In Catch 22's I saw MC going straight through to semi's. In this one, I don't know that they survive back to back trips to Duchon & Cronin Fields.

Wow, what a difference a bracket makes. In Catch 22's I saw MC going straight through to semi's. In this one, I don't know that they survive back to back trips to Duchon & Cronin Fields.

If they did survive Duchon and if SR beat the Bolts, then they would get SR at gately but your main point remains

Reactions: go_rice
If Stagg beats Moline (which can easily happen when you have Greg Hoard running the ball 30+ times a game) and has 39 playoff points where do hey fall 7A or 8A?

Souce,

Does Chicago Mather have a realistic chance of beating Chicago Lincoln Park, so SR could move up to the 10th seed and get out of that GW/MC bracket?

Souce,

Does Chicago Mather have a realistic chance of beating Chicago Lincoln Park, so SR could move up to the 10th seed and get out of that GW/MC bracket?
No cause then they would take the 2 seed from my Roadrunners.

Ok I'll go first! In 5A you have (16) Woodstock MCC at (1) Phillips, and (15) St Viator at (2) Sterling. If both are 5-4, meaning Viator loses to ND and MCC beats St Pats, wouldn't it be the other way around? MCC has 38 playoff points and Viator 35 now. I don't see how they get more points than MCC in one week.
They beat them 6-3 on points this week to make up the difference. One thing to keep in mind, Marian CC will get no more points from the two Wisconsin teams as they've already played nine games and Week 10 games don't count for playoff point scoring.

They beat them 6-3 on points this week to make up the difference. One thing to keep in mind, Marian CC will get no more points from the two Wisconsin teams as they've already played nine games and Week 10 games don't count for playoff point scoring.

Ok didn't know about the Wis teams! Thanks!

7A. As the 32 seed, might have to sweat out the point line a bit. But should get to 39.

Reactions: mullin17
Hey Souc...in 1A...in the past several years, Abingdon Avon has gone north and Catlin Salt Fork has gone south when they both qualify. Your projection has them flipped this year. Just wondering if the north/south line changed. Thanks for your work!

Any TWO of the following:
Z-B Beats Libertyville
NV beats GN
WV beats WN
DGS beats WB

Any THREE and MS joins Eville in 7A
If Glenbard North beats Neuqua it doesn't matter in terms of slots, Neuqua won't get in on points. So if Glenbard wins, it is a simple spot swap.

You are right about the other two though.

Hey Souc...in 1A...in the past several years, Abingdon Avon has gone north and Catlin Salt Fork has gone south when they both qualify. Your projection has them flipped this year. Just wondering if the north/south line changed. Thanks for your work!
It hasn't changed. The line is always fluid.

Souce,

Comparative results gives them a chance. And its CPL, so of course, I'd be about as sure of one of those results as I am I'm going to win the lottery.

Shouldn’t Loyola be ahead of Huntley for that 6 seed in 8A? I’m assuming the Ramblers have more points..

Comparative results gives them a chance. And its CPL, so of course, I'd be about as sure of one of those results as I am I'm going to win the lottery.

Thank you, Souce! Last question--what is more likely to happen: GW moving up to 8A or one of the following teams (Mather, Prospect, Thornton, Buffalo Grove or Deerfield) getting upsets, allowing SR to earn a higher seed?

Tolono Unity has wavered from 4a to 3a to 4a in the last few weeks. Do you see any possibility of Unity going 3A ? I assume they are looking at 4A south or 3A north.

Souc - Do you really see 6A south 1 seed going to Crete over Normal West on points? Crete's schedule was pretty weak this year and many opponents play each other where Normal West should easilly have 5 more points if not 6 this week...

Reactions: Dorgazm
Souc - Do you really see 6A south 1 seed going to Crete over Normal West on points? Crete's schedule was pretty weak this year and many opponents play each other where Normal West should easilly have 5 more points if not 6 this week...
They both have the same amount of points right now so Crete's schedule was as weak as Normal West's. Crete in on top because they have more points in the tie breaker.

Any TWO of the following:
Z-B Beats Libertyville
NV beats GN
WV beats WN
DGS beats WB

Any THREE and MS joins Eville in 7A
If Glenbard North beats Neuqua it doesn't matter in terms of slots, Neuqua won't get in on points. So if Glenbard wins, it is a simple spot swap.

You are right about the other two though.

The question I was answering was “what would Move Eville down to 7A. NV beating GN would put NV in and another of those wins would make two and push Eville down to 7A

Did the math and see where ESL likely passes Hersey

Tolono Unity has wavered from 4a to 3a to 4a in the last few weeks. Do you see any possibility of Unity going 3A ? I assume they are looking at 4A south or 3A north.
Small. I've got Unity at spot 99 right now, they'd need to drop to 96. I've had three team shifts in Week 9 before but they are somewhat rare.

Thank you, Souce! Last question--what is more likely to happen: GW moving up to 8A or one of the following teams (Mather, Prospect, Thornton, Buffalo Grove or Deerfield) getting upsets, allowing SR to earn a higher seed?
The upsets. I think Glenbard West is pretty solidly in 7A.

Reactions: Wittymoniker1
Assuming Aurora Christian beats Joe's to finish 5-4, will they have enough playoff points to qualify? What are the factors influencing the 2A/3A placement?

All.... Steve, should Providence finish 5-4 who likely would they play in round one? Ratsy

Looks like Shepard

All.... Thanks, that is what I thought as well. Of course what I think is really going to happen is the Celtics go 6-3. Chatham who is on the 5A/6A cut line goes 5A and NLP opens up with SHG. A Catholic battle royale so to speak. It could still happen regardless of how they finish should Chatham go 5A. Ratsy

All.... Thanks, that is what I thought as well. Of course what I think is really going to happen is the Celtics go 6-3. Chatham who is on the 5A/6A cut line goes 5A and NLP opens up with SHG. A Catholic battle royale so to speak. It could still happen regardless of how they finish should Chatham go 5A. Ratsy
The real question in this scenario is they Hersey would enter the 6A field. Who from the North goes "South" is it Naz, DLS, Marmion, DeKlab. I can see the IHSA making that line very diagonal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT