ADVERTISEMENT

As expected...the NCAA extends the Recruiting Dead Period

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
As expected the NCAA has extended the dead recruiting period thru May 31st. Means that 2022 kids won't be able to have any in person contact with coaches either on campus or in high schools and that includes no contact on any college campus visits. This also throws a whole wrench into college summer camp plans. Not good for recruits and families.....

Felt very lucky to wrap up the recruiting process the week before this happened, so much less stress in the house recently and back to focusing on school and looking to enjoying a bit of football this spring. But it means 8 straight months of sports now with no break. I am concerned that many others will be not be so lucky.

Reactions: McCaravan
Makes no sense D2 & D3 schools can host but D1 schools cannot. Zero sense. These kids are getting robbed that wish to play sports beyond high school.

Reactions: IgorStL
Makes no sense D2 & D3 schools can host but D1 schools cannot. Zero sense. These kids are getting robbed that wish to play sports beyond high school.
Not only that but many D2 and D3 schools have been able to have prospect days as well, if you think you can get enough academic money D3 is a great option. That is what my daughter did, didn't want to deal with the grind and time commitment required of being a D1 athlete. But was able to get more academic scholarship money at a D3 school than what she had in offers from D2 schools for athletic scholarships. The other piece being is that NAIA has scholarships as well, especially if it is fully funded, football I think is a total of 24 full scholarships while other non revenue sports actually have more available than D1 like soccer.

Reactions: Googertys Dog
Not only that but many D2 and D3 schools have been able to have prospect days as well, if you think you can get enough academic money D3 is a great option. That is what my daughter did, didn't want to deal with the grind and time commitment required of being a D1 athlete. But was able to get more academic scholarship money at a D3 school than what she had in offers from D2 schools for athletic scholarships. The other piece being is that NAIA has scholarships as well, especially if it is fully funded, football I think is a total of 24 full scholarships while other non revenue sports actually have more available than D1 like soccer.
There is certainly going to be an upgrade to the level of talent in D2, 3 and NAIA.

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT