ADVERTISEMENT

Army-Navy

LakeCtyNewt

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2002
I’m a football junkie. If their is a high school game on from Idaho, chances are I’ve found it and am watching it.

But today, for me, is can’t miss TV. Army-Navy.

All the things surrounding this game make it what it truly is - football in its absolute purest form. We likely won’t see these guys playing on sundays. They’ll be playing in a far different and significantly more important arena.

Clear out your afternoon today and watch. Not because you want to watch future disappointing bears draft picks, but because you want to watch football players playing the game because they do really love it.

Enjoy, I know I will.

79993347_10218951827940165_366971476173127680_n.jpg

I’m a football junkie. If their is a high school game on from Idaho, chances are I’ve found it and am watching it.

All the things surrounding this game make it what it truly is - football in its absolute purest form. We likely won’t see these guys playing on sundays. They’ll be playing in a far different and significantly more important arena.

Clear out your afternoon today and watch. Not because you want to watch future disappointing bears draft picks, but because you want to watch football players playing the game because they do really love it.

Enjoy, I know I will.
Beautifully written.

Reactions: Gene K.
As a Marine Veteran I love this game! Good luck to Patrick Szczesniak, 2019 Mount Carmel Alum, West Point Long Snapper #49. Don’t know if he will be on the field today, but he’s on the team. Any other players from your high schools on either team? If so give them a much respected shout out here!

Enjoy, I know I will.

i watch this game every year. Fun to watch!

With players now able to pursue a professional career and postpone their service, I have to think that it will help bolster their recruitment. I could see a player like Sampson Evans flourishing at QB at one of these fine institutions.

With players now able to pursue a professional career and postpone their service, I have to think that it will help bolster their recruitment. I could see a player like Sampson Evans flourishing at QB at one of these fine institutions.
This was already the case. However the current administration flipped it in 2017, before flipping it again today. So it's hard to say if it will help or not.

Defensive tackle-#99 for Navy is a real Hoss. Listed at 6'3 and 300 lb.
Didn't the academies used to have very restrictive size limitations?
That dude isn't going to be commissioned on any submarine!

Reactions: gobucsgo

Size limitations are typically for pilots of certain aircraft but they’ll take anyone who can qualify academically along with the majority of the Edgy board for normal enlistment. Including me, yes.

My XO was 6’5”. He was hunched over most of the time in the control room. The 300 lbs might be an issue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT