ADVERTISEMENT

Another angle to pay attention towards in getting back to "normal"

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Not to pick on my home area/county.....but this is just one of several across the country that so far is just stuck in neutral.

This is NOT intended as a political issue more of yet another aspect of COVID that is completely out of our hands that will again slow/delay any real startup of any IHSA sports, especially football

Look at Illinois compared to the rest of nation for % of vaccine distributed we are at 43/50, it like this state can't do anything right. Attached is interesting data sheet updated daily by Bloomberg.

Yeah, I read that in the paper. Gee, imagine that! The government screws something up and there's no communication. Just another example of the difference of government running something and the private sector getting it done...at a lower cost too.

Look at Illinois compared to the rest of nation for % of vaccine distributed we are at 43/50, it like this state can't do anything right. Attached is interesting data sheet updated daily by Bloomberg.

Not that it's much better, but I'm seeing them at 28th. What wouldn't surprise me about these numbers is how they are reported. By that I mean how often each county and the state update their numbers.

And don't forget, regardless how you feel about it...you're probably going to have a somewhat large population just opting not to get the vaccine. Could skew numbers in various areas a lot and possibly impact what's moving forward or not.

And don't forget, regardless how you feel about it...you're probably going to have a somewhat large population just opting not to get the vaccine. Could skew numbers in various areas a lot and possibly impact what's moving forward or not.
A health care worker I know said she felt horrible for 20 hours after her second shot. Stories like that will put doubts in people’s minds. She knows she needs not to share with too many people because temporary feeling like crap is better than getting covid.

As a Phase 1b senior age suburban Cook County resident, I "registered" on the appropriate Cook County Public Health website. I got an e-mail thanking me for my submission and directions to look for updates every 2 weeks. Great, but somehow that does not give a feeling of being really in the pipeline for any imminent action.

Reactions: sporthog9er
My mother is 79 and lives in Winnebago county.My mother in law is 70 and lives in Orlando Florida and she is scheduled to get her 2nd shot next week. The 1st shot went well with no side effects. My point is healthy seniors in Florida will receive two shots before my unhealthy mom gets her first shot on Illinois.

We are hearing by our County that they are not receiving vaccines that the Government promised not state.

If you live in Will County and your perfectly healthy go get tested, it’s the only way to lower the positivity rate. Hospital bed availablity is a factor too but shouldn’t play a part in reopening sports

True, the federal government overpromised and underdelivered. Still, many or most of the state governemnts--not just Illinois--are having a problem with logistics. It's hard to set up a distribution system. Money may be a factor. Hospitals, pharmacies, corner clinics, and anyone who can stick a needle may be waiting for a check. Or maybe they'll donate their time and facilities to the general good in a time of crisis. I don't know. But I hope they don't let any of the precious vials spoil.

But I hope they don't let any of the precious vials spoil.
Too late. Several have spoiled in New York and couldn't be used. The states have been awful with distribution. I shouldn't lump all the states together. Some have done better than others, for sure.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT