ADVERTISEMENT

And the Stage Is Set . . . .

Wittymoniker1

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2007
La Grange Park, IL
. . . at the Chicago St. Rita Sectional. The seeds have played out at this point:

#1 BR @ #4 SR

#3 MC vs. #2 Larry at Chicago St. Rita.

Rita beat a very tough Nazareth team. I believe Rita's ace had to pitch the last three innings.

Any predictions?

Without a doubt the best sectional final 4 in the state.

Any predictions?

Without a doubt the best sectional final 4 in the state.
BR beat SR twice (6 - 2; 8 - 2, respectively) during CCL play. Obviously, I wish the Mustangs the best of luck and want the upset, but I think BR is well-rounded and will come out with a 7 - 4 victory.

I do think Larry gets by MC 5 - 4.

BR vs. SL? This is BR's year to come out of this always-very-difficult sectional, albeit their first year in it in a while.

BR 14 - Larry 8. However, PN has a very good chance to beat Rice, if PN wins its sectional.

You have any predictions?

BR beat SR twice (6 - 2; 8 - 2, respectively) during CCL play. Obviously, I wish the Mustangs the best of luck and want the upset, but I think BR is well-rounded and will come out with a 7 - 4 victory.

I do think Larry gets by MC 5 - 4.

BR vs. SL? This is BR's year to come out of this always-very-difficult sectional, albeit their first year in it in a while.

BR 14 - Larry 8. However, PN has a very good chance to beat Rice, if PN wins its sectional.

You have any predictions?
I'll defer to your CCL knowledge. It is tough to pick against Rice, though. To go through the CCL undefeated is almost hard to believe. I do expect the winner to get Plainfield North, as you suggested. They have a loaded staff, just like Rice.

BTW....all four Plainfield schools won their regionals. Have to believe that's a first.

It's BR to lose, they swept SR. STL and MC in league play....can they really keep it up?? BR went 3-0 against MC, but did not face Hupe...they are either going to face Hupe or Spear if MC beats STL...pitching wins championships, all depends how you use them...I'm sure BR will get SR best....today's game looks like it may get washed out, so they may get another rest day.

That rainout today is a killer for Rice. Kutt woulda had 3 days rest for a potential Super on Monday. BR-SR tomorrow and MC-StL Fri now.

Just read about Rice's 4-3 victory over Rita. Sounded like Rita was in command before Rice came back.

Speaking of which, Plainfield North was down 7-0 and came back to win 8-7 over Plainfield Central, so the two heavyweights got scares but advanced.

No matter who is playing in Crestwood Mon night at 7, I will def check out. Should be a huge crowd when MC played Lockport there in 13 there was no seating left. U can never count out PC or Oak Park Huskie in the tourney either.

BR/STL tomorrow for the sectional crown. Champions come back like BR did yesterday, they proved once again they are the team to beat & no lead is safe against them. Today, MC basically came out flat early which allowed STL to jump out to a 5-0 lead after two innings. Ballsy call in the 1st to steal home w/two outs (maybe good coaching, certainly set the tone). The STL coaching staff also rolled the dice today in another way as they saved their top 2 pitchers. I don't believe BR has seen STLs #1 this year, could be mistaken though? IMO the team that plays clean defensively will be in Crestwood next week. I certainly will make the trip to 79/Western to check this one out, should be a classic!

I'll defer to your CCL knowledge. It is tough to pick against Rice, though. To go through the CCL undefeated is almost hard to believe. I do expect the winner to get Plainfield North, as you suggested. They have a loaded staff, just like Rice.

BTW....all four Plainfield schools won their regionals. Have to believe that's a first.

And the seeds do, indeed, play out! Rita and BR in a very close game, 4 - 3. Larry beating MC 9 - 5. I think BR gets by Larry to meet Plainfield North!

Have a friend involved in the Plainfield Park District. A lot of talent coming out of that area. I think PN has a great shot of winning state, but as DOS says, do not overlook PC.

Tough to beat top competition late in the season repeatedly like Rice has done, hats off to the 35-4 record & the CCL Blue/Regional titles. One the other side of the coin, hats off to Lauence as well, they've built a solid program since the coaching staff arrived & decided to moved up to the blue. They've been close in years; won a few CCL titles & regionals but were never able to get over the hump (I guess they were over-due). I don't think anyone would argue the fact that the Vikes have earned it beating two quality programs along the way.

Tough to beat top competition late in the season repeatedly like Rice has done, hats off to the 35-4 record & the CCL Blue/Regional titles. One the other side of the coin, hats off to Lauence as well, they've built a solid program since the coaching staff arrived & decided to moved up to the blue. They've been close in years; won a few CCL titles & regionals but were never able to get over the hump (I guess they were over-due). I don't think anyone would argue the fact that the Vikes have earned it beating two quality programs along the way.

As a SR grad, hats off to Laurence. Amazing that they have maintained an elite program the last 10-15 years despite declining enrollment. I'm cheering for them to win it all.

ADVERTISEMENT