ADVERTISEMENT

All State? Who is your QB?

JJ McCarthy. Convince me otherwise. All he's done since the Ritter game is throw for 2600 yards 32 Tds 5 Ints
What were his stats in the Ritter game? Not being sarcastic, it feels like it was so long ago I can’t remember. I thought he had a couple picks that game but not sure.

5d6b2330aad2c.image.jpg

A player identified on the game day roster as Marvin Burks runs the ball against Nazareth in La Grange Park, Ill. on Friday, Aug. 31, 2019. The player has tattoos on his right arm remarkably similar to Lions running back Bill Jackson, who was supposed to be suspended for that game. Mike Mantucca, Special to STLhighschoolsports.com

This is still the caption from the game recap...

Reactions: ClownBaby
If you had to pick based on whats done on the field 60/40 Macon. Also keep in mind Macon didn't play late 3rd quarter and none 4th quarter most games. I am sure JJ has not either. Macon is just a little 500 yards shy of IL total yards from scrimmage leader. .As a coach whom do I prefer. BOTH do you know the damage that can be done with these 2.

Reactions: Gene K.
Not a big poster, but here is what I'm excited about the future of IL QBs.

Tumilty, Gronowski, and Beethum are all TOP Notch 2020 QBs. Tumilty's numbers are insane and one of the toughest kids I've seen play. Arguably, could be the Player of the Year. He is just that exciting to watch.

The 2021 Class of QBs can FINALLY compete with the best in the nation.

Tyler Macon - Video Game Numbers He is a Cheat Code. (100 offers and all deserving. Nationally Ranked)
Athan Kaliakmanis - The Greek Freak (Minnesota Commit. Nationally Ranked)
Sam Jackson - Next Generation Vick (Minnesota Commit early but weighing options. Nationally Ranked)
J.J. McCarthy- aka just J.J. (Michigan Commit. Nationally Ranked)
Justin Lynch - Power QB. Winner! (many offers coming. Just getting on the National scene)

All 5 of these kids have multiple Power 5 offers and commitments because they all work their ass off to be great for their teams.

Let's not "compare" who is better in the 2021 class. It's collectively the best ever this state has scene.

The 2022 class is just getting revved up with Kaden Cobb and Dontrell Jackson.

Happy Thanksgiving to all your families! Enjoy the State Games this weekend

I guess it depends on what your definition of All State is. Is it most valuable? Then it’s Tumilty or Gronowski. WB or NV wouldn’t be where they were this year without them.

I you are basing it on stats then it has to be Macon or JJ.

If you are basing it on talent at the next level then it has to be JJ.

Where would MC be without Lynch? Rice if they hadn’t put in Lausch?

The P.R. QB has quietly been the most underrated piece of the puzzle. He is the engine that runs the machine and reads the Option incredibly efficiently. Believe he has thrown another 20 TD's. Maybe not an All-Stater but definitely worth a mention.

McCarthy.

He is the best high school quarterback that I have seen play here. Ever.

Need to look beyond just the passing stats... some times they can be deceiving based on the offense that is run or the strength of the teams they played. QB has to be the most valuable player on his team whether passing, running, leadership or how they performed when the pressure is... do they have great talent around them or do they make players around them better. I think Gronowski is the guy... Tumility could be right there to but haven’t seen him play live. I have watched McCarthy and Macon too but the talent around them makes them even better. All of them should be in consideration.

Need to look beyond just the passing stats... some times they can be deceiving based on the offense that is run or the strength of the teams they played. QB has to be the most valuable player on his team whether passing, running, leadership or how they performed when the pressure is... do they have great talent around them or do they make players around them better. I think Gronowski is the guy... Tumility could be right there to but haven’t seen him play live. I have watched McCarthy and Macon too but the talent around them makes them even better. All of them should be in consideration.
Sure the talent around JJ helps him but that kid IS THE REAL DEAL.

Tumilty. Some on here want to disparage the description of him being “dynamic”, but as the force driving an offense to a great season he is undeniable. Makes all the throws, makes all the reads in the RPO, and is another threat in the backfield to run. His all around play makes him the POY, but his QB play puts him neck and neck with McCarthy.

I have only seen McCarthy on film, and he will lead his team to the title Saturday night, but Tumilty gets my admittedly homer vote.

Tumilty. Some on here want to disparage the description of him being “dynamic”, but as the force driving an offense to a great season he is undeniable. Makes all the throws, makes all the reads in the RPO, and is another threat in the backfield to run. His all around play makes him the POY, but his QB play puts him neck and neck with McCarthy.

I have only seen McCarthy on film, and he will lead his team to the title Saturday night, but Tumilty gets my admittedly homer vote.
I think your one of the only WB posters on here. You guys were very hospitable on Saturday. When your school is 120 years old, you get a lot of old Alumni going to these games those golf carts were a God Send so we are very thankful.

You did mention above that McCarthy will lead his team to victory. What did you think of MC’s team and their defense?

Not a big poster, but here is what I'm excited about the future of IL QBs.

The 2022 class is just getting revved up with Kaden Cobb and Dontrell Jackson.

Happy Thanksgiving to all your families! Enjoy the State Games this weekend

Let's not forget the only 2022 QB that was still playing QB this weekend...Jack Lausch from BR.

As far as JJ and Macon - they're both ridiculous regardless of the number of talented players around them.

Per comments above...

JJ - 2,781 yards | 33 TD | 9 INT | (Need rush td count)
Macon - 3,937 yards | 36 TD | 7 INT | 16 Rush TD

You have to give the nod to Macon. However, just because his stats are better doesn't mean he's a better QB...just has better stats. No need for hard feelings. ( MVP changes in NFL every year. All typically stat dependent. Doesn't mean the MVP is best QB in the league.)

Again, this is just playing the 'You have to pick a player or else..." game. As JJMAC said, they're both phenomenal QB's that don't need to be compared. We're fortunate to be able to watch them play in here in IL.

Can't wait to watch them on Saturdays.

Let's not forget the only 2022 QB that was still playing QB this weekend...Jack Lausch from BR.

As far as JJ and Macon - they're both ridiculous regardless of the number of talented players around them.

Per comments above...

JJ - 2,781 yards | 33 TD | 9 INT | (Need rush td count)
Macon - 3,937 yards | 36 TD | 7 INT | 16 Rush TD

You have to give the nod to Macon. However, just because his stats are better doesn't mean he's a better QB...just has better stats. No need for hard feelings. ( MVP changes in NFL every year. All typically stat dependent. Doesn't mean the MVP is best QB in the league.)

Again, this is just playing the 'You have to pick a player or else..." game. As JJMAC said, they're both phenomenal QB's that don't need to be compared. We're fortunate to be able to watch them play in here in IL.

Can't wait to watch them on Saturdays.

Can't wait to watch Lausch develop over the next two years. He has the chance to be a great one. Athletic, smart and great poise and awareness on the field. And as has been mentioned here before, he may have a higher ceiling as a pitcher in baseball.

5d6b2330aad2c.image.jpg

A player identified on the game day roster as Marvin Burks runs the ball against Nazareth in La Grange Park, Ill. on Friday, Aug. 31, 2019. The player has tattoos on his right arm remarkably similar to Lions running back Bill Jackson, who was supposed to be suspended for that game. Mike Mantucca, Special to STLhighschoolsports.com

This is still the caption from the game recap...
Man...it is still mind boggling to me the coaching staff actually played that kid in a meaningless game. Beyond stupid

I totally respect this.

My only question - how many time have you seen JJ and how many times have you seen Tyler?

(Granted, that discounts your eye, which is not intended - so I guess the questions is: how much better is he?)

I have yet to see Tyler play. That is why I said best I have ever seen. But also remember, I go back to 1980 and have watched Donovan McNabb and Jimmy Garoppolo both play live.

I have only seen McCarthy once and I am completely sold.

Footwork, arm strength, mobility, mechanics, ability read defenses and look off receivers, I thought he was exceptional in each.

I think Sam is POY but Tyler or JJ are #1 QB for All State.
Sam is fantastic and I would have no issue if he won this award. He is one that deserves it but to play devils advocate here. Who has Willowbrook beat?

No one of note.

I would say POY because they would have won 1-2 games without him.
Oh I get it, there’s like 3-4 guys I would have no problem with if they were announced. Btw they have some talent. No where near the other big semi schools in 7/8 sans maybe RM but Willowbrook has some solid skills for sure..

Oh I get it, there’s like 3-4 guys I would have no problem with if they were announced. Btw they have some talent. No where near the other big semi schools in 7/8 sans maybe RM but Willowbrook has some solid skills for sure..

Of the 12 semifinal teams in 6A-8A they were definitely limited in the talent department. Great season, no question, but they are done after week 9 without Sam.

Of the 12 semifinal teams in 6A-8A they were definitely limited in the talent department. Great season, no question, but they are done after week 9 without Sam.
Agree. It will be interesting to see how Willowbrook does post Tumilty brothers. Although the last of the boys is a freshman.

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT