ADVERTISEMENT

All State? Who is your QB?

If Sam, a two-way lightning bolt, is getting more votes than JJ, then Naz should consider how Carmel kept lightning in a bottle.

Last edited:
Concerning Sam, JJ, and Carmel's knack for capturing lightning in a bottle:

not connected

2 different animals.

MC's containment of the POY consisted of two picks and five sacks. And how about that goal line stand? I'll give him a few points for his mobility, but the game was over before half the fans had even entered the stadium.

I get the impression that McCarthy is cool and methodical, slicing up opponents like a surgeon. Since Carmel plays with a high degree of heat and intensity, we could have a classic clash, a song of ice and fire.

Last edited:
MC's containment of the POY consisted of two picks and five sacks. And how about that goal line stand? I'll give him a few points for his mobility, but the game was over before half the fans had even entered the stadium.

Ummmmmmmmm, it was 13-6 at halftime. How was it over before half the fans entered? This ain’t LA where people show up in the 3rd quarter...

Can't wait to watch Lausch develop over the next two years. He has the chance to be a great one. Athletic, smart and great poise and awareness on the field. And as has been mentioned here before, he may have a higher ceiling as a pitcher in baseball.
And most importantly, he comes from Joliet Catholic aristocracy.

Reactions: USD24 and Gene K.
@Blue Ruin I would think MC won’t bring a ton of heat and try and play bend-don’t break with JJ. Blitz packages against JJ can be costly if ineffective. Naz o line is one of the best MC will see this year so if the second coming of Christ (Dave Lenti) is smart he will not get overly aggressive.

@Blue Ruin I would think MC won’t bring a ton of heat and try and play bend-don’t break with JJ. Blitz packages against JJ can be costly if ineffective. Naz o line is one of the best MC will see this year so if the second coming of Christ (Dave Lenti) is smart he will not get overly aggressive.

He usually bring 5 making it one on one blocking. There is always one weak link on the OLine

it was 13-6 at halftime

It was 6-0 after the goal line stand and the ensuing 99-yard touchdown pass, which had to demoralize the Warriors, especially since, with some penalties, MC gave WB six shots at the end zone. And then it was 13-0, with fans still trying to get in. WB is a scrappy team, but they never recovered from that start.

not get overly aggressive.

True. I referred in a previous post to Lenti's effective use of stealth in launching three sneak attacks behind enemy lines in both the GBN and Willowbrook games. The attacks, which resulted in three sacks and one forced fumble, were brilliantly designed and executed, but Naz of course is wise to that now. I'm sure that Lenti will devise yet another devious scheme, one that mixes aggression with deception.

Last edited:
If Macon in not in your top 3, you need to go watch some YouTube footage. Regardless of talent, this young man is 16 years old with accuracy and arm strength of a college QB. He has only progressed as the season went on.

ADVERTISEMENT