ADVERTISEMENT

All Quiet on the Edgy Front

The "Success Factor" thread got flushed.
Not sure what words were exchanged but HHS/pestilence was at the heart of it. The song remains the same...

Yep... anyone with a differing opinion is considered stupid here... LOL

That has been the ONLY topic here lately, so apparently the "song remains the same" applies to everyone

It wasn't even one comment it was basically two little girls pulling each other's hair...got real old real fast....and the two involved are on an incredibly short leash....again.

I have very little hair to pull

Since this subject is still here I will step onto my soapbox and make an appeal. Then I will hang up and listen for your answer.

You will notice I was absent from the last flushed thread. That wasn't by accident, but by design.

Guys, I am simply done engaging with a certain poster. All it amounts to is a waste of time. The marathon thread, in the end, was a waste of time too. All that time and it ended up getting flushed. Nothing was accomplished. Nothing at all. No one won anything. All that came out of that thread was a ton of wasted time. So, I'd like you guys to think about something I want to propose. Not only do I want you to think about it, I'd like all of us to participate in my suggestion.

Whenever he appears in any thread, do NOT engage with him. Just ignore whatever he posts, no matter what it is. Don't take the bait. I know the temptation is there. It was there for me in the last thread. But it does no good to engage and lose your self-control with a person who clearly has none. All we are doing is lowering ourselves into the sewer he resides in when we answer anything he says. Why do that? Whenever we engage with a person like this, we look bad. We can all talk to each other. We don't have to exit the thread. Just don't talk to him.

If he has all this time to waste, fine. Don't waste yours on someone like him. Nothing is going to change the way he does and says things. It's like driving on the expressway and some idiot cuts you off. You feel obligated to flip the guy off or yell over at him. But, do you really think doing this will change his shitty driving habits? The same principle applies here. Yeah, you might feel better but you just lowered yourself to his level of ignorance and lack of self-control.

So, just let it go no matter how outrageous. I am not trying to make myself look better than you guys. I have written some things I wish I never had. I have also allowed myself to be dragged down into the sewer. But, what's out there in the past can't be changed. All you can do is make future adjustments to make sure it doesn't happen again. Let's not sink down to that level. Hoping Edgy will flush the guy is not the right thinking or something any of us can control. BUT, we can control how we deal with this guy by our silence toward him.

I'll make the commitment to hold myself to this. I hope you guys will too. Just freeze him out. Thanks for reading.

There is an "ignore" function available. Click on the name of the poster you want to "ignore", select "ignore" and it is finished. Solution to problem.

Since this subject is still here I will step onto my soapbox and make an appeal. Then I will hang up and listen for your answer.

You will notice I was absent from the last flushed thread. That wasn't by accident, but by design.

Guys, I am simply done engaging with a certain poster. All it amounts to is a waste of time. The marathon thread, in the end, was a waste of time too. All that time and it ended up getting flushed. Nothing was accomplished. Nothing at all. No one won anything. All that came out of that thread was a ton of wasted time. So, I'd like you guys to think about something I want to propose. Not only do I want you to think about it, I'd like all of us to participate in my suggestion.

Whenever he appears in any thread, do NOT engage with him. Just ignore whatever he posts, no matter what it is. Don't take the bait. I know the temptation is there. It was there for me in the last thread. But it does no good to engage and lose your self-control with a person who clearly has none. All we are doing is lowering ourselves into the sewer he resides in when we answer anything he says. Why do that? Whenever we engage with a person like this, we look bad. We can all talk to each other. We don't have to exit the thread. Just don't talk to him.

If he has all this time to waste, fine. Don't waste yours on someone like him. Nothing is going to change the way he does and says things. It's like driving on the expressway and some idiot cuts you off. You feel obligated to flip the guy off or yell over at him. But, do you really think doing this will change his shitty driving habits? The same principle applies here. Yeah, you might feel better but you just lowered yourself to his level of ignorance and lack of self-control.

So, just let it go no matter how outrageous. I am not trying to make myself look better than you guys. I have written some things I wish I never had. I have also allowed myself to be dragged down into the sewer. But, what's out there in the past can't be changed. All you can do is make future adjustments to make sure it doesn't happen again. Let's not sink down to that level. Hoping Edgy will flush the guy is not the right thinking or something any of us can control. BUT, we can control how we deal with this guy by our silence toward him.

I'll make the commitment to hold myself to this. I hope you guys will too. Just freeze him out. Thanks for reading.

Taking the high road——-So difficult...but so admirable. The low road leads to the sewer but it can be so damn fun it’s tough to avoid the temptation

Reactions: pjjp
There is an "ignore" function available. Click on the name of the poster you want to "ignore", select "ignore" and it is finished. Solution to problem.
This.

The ignore option cannot be recommended enough for the dude. The hard part is staying disciplined enough to not engage.

Reactions: lkhammer57
I will try to control myself, it is hard when such obvious stupidly wrong stuff is posted by that poster. Will just have to chant what Momma told Forrest. "Stupid is as Stupid does"

Taking the high road——-So difficult...but so admirable. The low road leads to the sewer but it can be so damn fun it’s tough to avoid the temptation
It is a challenge. I know some have taken the ignore option on Pestilence. I believe Ramblin and Bones have him on ignore.

I will try to control myself, it is hard when such obvious stupidly wrong stuff is posted by that poster. Will just have to chant what Momma told Forrest. "Stupid is as Stupid does"

And that is the key problem here, while you may think I am wrong, small downstate school people agree with me.. Heck, the IHSA agrees with me..

And that is the key problem here, while you may think I am wrong, small downstate school people agree with me.. Heck, the IHSA agrees with me..
But does the IHSA. If they really did they wouldn't have appointed an ad hoc committee to address classifications including SF and Mulitplier.

Reactions: Normdog
th

The same discussion about the same issue ad nauseam, the only difference is that this time the argument revolved around, and involved two participants that are two sides of the same coin.

wp-1497970030600.jpg

pillow14in-whi-z1-t-ado-felicia.png

Reactions: Normdog
But does the IHSA. If they really did they wouldn't have appointed an ad hoc committee to address classifications including SF and Mulitplier.

Always a good idea to look at how its working, while it is working in football, maybe it is not in the other sports.. maybe the correct thing to do is get rid of the SF and the multiplier waiver, all private schools get 1.65

I wonder if that coach that knows HHS’s mothers sisters brothers second cousin has any insight on the Ad Hoc committee.

Simple question.. its funny that I was spot on with what I said was going to happen well before it was announced... was I just lucky?????

I just to the Edgy board not signed in and I could see HHS had made a post. Then I signed in (I put HHS on "ignore" earlier today) and presto!!! No HHS comments can be seen. It's like he doesn't exist. I am delighted and highly recommend the rest of you follow suit.

It wasn't even one comment it was basically two little girls pulling each other's hair...got real old real fast....and the two involved are on an incredibly short leash....again.
Short leash in April - that's got to be a record

Don't misunderstand my friend. No one is asking you to control a situation. The only people we can control on this board are ourselves. I am not asking anyone to do something I am not willing to do myself. That would make me a hypocrite. Just so everyone knows. I don't have him or anyone else here on ignore. I can see everything. I am just choosing not to respond. Once you make your mind up, it isn't that hard.

There are things I don't know. A great many things. But, there is one thing I am 100% certain of. Guys like this have an insatiable appetite for attention. They crave it. Anytime anyone responds to this guy you feed his need. The worst thing anyone can do to a guy like this is to simply ignore him. All the abuse and name-calling has been proven not to work. I even saw a post in the last flushed thread from someone who said something along the lines of, "anyone else who was abused this much would have left the board." Think about that. He's not going anywhere unless no one responds to him and he finds himself talking to no one.

I can guarantee you this. This guy does not like the thought that someone came up with the idea to ignore him. He is banking on the fact that some here won't have the self-control to ignore him. And the minute any of us does respond to him, he is proven right. Think about that when you are temped to engage with him.

Most of us have kids and I am willing to bet whenever someone was bugging our kids we told them to ignore the other person, whether it's a sibling or someone else. Now, it's our turn to practice what we preached. Come on, it's really not that hard.

Don't misunderstand my friend. No one is asking you to control a situation. The only people we can control on this board are ourselves. I am not asking anyone to do something I am not willing to do myself. That would make me a hypocrite. Just so everyone knows. I don't have him or anyone else here on ignore. I can see everything. I am just choosing not to respond. Once you make your mind up, it isn't that hard.

There are things I don't know. A great many things. But, there is one thing I am 100% certain of. Guys like this have an insatiable appetite for attention. They crave it. Anytime anyone responds to this guy you feed his need. The worst thing anyone can do to a guy like this is to simply ignore him. All the abuse and name-calling has been proven not to work. I even saw a post in the last flushed thread from someone who said something along the lines of, "anyone else who was abused this much would have left the board." Think about that. He's not going anywhere unless no one responds to him and he finds himself talking to no one.

I can guarantee you this. This guy does not like the thought that someone came up with the idea to ignore him. He is banking on the fact that some here won't have the self-control to ignore him. And the minute any of us does respond to him, he is proven right. Think about that when you are temped to engage with him.

Most of us have kids and I am willing to bet whenever someone was bugging our kids we told them to ignore the other person, whether it's a sibling or someone else. Now, it's our turn to practice what we preached. Come on, it's really not that hard.

You are on to something my friend. Notice the complete 180 on the subject so near and dear to his heart? Taking your advice.

Reactions: LTHSALUM76
I just to the Edgy board not signed in and I could see HHS had made a post. Then I signed in (I put HHS on "ignore" earlier today) and presto!!! No HHS comments can be seen. It's like he doesn't exist. I am delighted and highly recommend the rest of you follow suit.

It only solves part of the problem. You can ignore him, but those who don't will respond and some will quote him in posts so you'll still see him.

It only works if everybody ignores him or edgy finally and permanently bans him. I favor banning because this douche ruins every God da*n thread I've ever had any interest in reading.

It only solves part of the problem. You can ignore him, but those who don't will respond and some will quote him in posts so you'll still see him.

It only works if everybody ignores him or edgy finally and permanently bans him. I favor banning because this douche ruins every God da*n thread I've ever had any interest in reading.

Major Frank Burns - bringing it hard in his 4th post. I like it.

Typical mentality of the message boards, wants to ban anyone that doesn't share the same opinion as theirs... I know a bunch of people that stay away from here because they know its mostly suburban private school posters that feel the IHSA is the devil.. I am just shocked that close minded people would be private school people... LOL

I won in that thread. Then I stuck around for 30 more pages of the surreal life.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT