ADVERTISEMENT

All I want for Christmas for my team is...

RockSoup

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2009
What’s on your wishlist for next season for the HS team you follow?

As a St. Rita fan, Santa has already been good with KB. Now that 9 out of 11 defenders flow towards him, I wish that their talented QBs run more. They are both athletic enough to run and make all the throws so we’ll see who starts next year.

And 2, my wish is that the weight room is good to the most talented group of down lineman on both sides of the ball that the Mustangs have seen in awhile and that the competition pushes them to be elite.

What say you?

As a St. Rita fan, Santa has already been good with KB. Now that 9 out of 11 defenders flow towards him, I wish that their talented QBs run more. They are both athletic enough to run and make all the throws so we’ll see who starts next year.

And 2, my wish is that the weight room is good to the most talented group of down lineman on both sides of the ball that the Mustangs have seen in awhile and that the competition pushes them to be elite.

What say you?

Great idea and thread. Do this every year at this time; it will be a staple.

I wholeheartedly agree here. To the very talented Cascia QBs: work extremely hard this off-season to improve upon your athletic abilities. Be confident in your abilities! Confidence can go a long way!

To the big and very talented linemen: as Rock posits, please get in that weight room and go above and beyond! You all want to get to that next level in which you can compete against the best--LA-ESL-LWE-MC (whether these teams are on your schedule or not).

To the coaching staff: maintain that aggressive-type defense of yours! At times, the strategy will change, but for the most part, keep the fast aggressive pace!

Offense: I know nine players will be in the box in the future, but just once in a while, would love to see the I-Formation (with a huge linemen at times) acting as FB and run some play-action from it. Yes, my meatballery, stuff-it-down-their-throat mentality is showing here, but it is what it is.

Wishing MC a healthy season where they remain focused and grounded and don’t let the success of this season get to their heads. The bullseye on their back got even bigger. They have all the peices in place to make another championship run. Work hard, make it happen. The seniors to be are 32-0 so far. Keep it going and have a Merry Christmas!

I think a conference championship would be pretty nice (especially since it could be the last one ever).

What say you?
QBs need to throw, forget running when 10 are in the box! at least one top receiver return, can't be one dimensional. Maybe pass coverage on D could get better

Along with LWE Dad please add a P.A. System without the PITA doing the announcing since the district shuffle.
What? I can’t hear you! Longing for “Its Friday night in Frankfort”.Its about the game.

In New Lenox I hope for the new LWW coach to continue building an established program founded on good defense- and improve offense numbers. And for LWC to consider finding a new coach. One can hope.

Reactions: The Outfit
For Naz to move to the CCL Blue so they will be prepared when they meet a Blue team in the finals again.

Reactions: Gene K.
For Naz to move to the CCL Blue so they will be prepared when they meet a Blue team in the finals again.
Assuming the district thing does not happen, you can expect Naz to move up to the Green in 2021. I'd guess Provi will drop down to the Orange. The question is this, though: what should be expected of Naz post JJ? My understanding is that JJ's class is very good. What are their expectations after he graduates? Will Naz maintain the level of talent they've had recently? I'm not close enough to their program to have an answer, but I suspect there will be a drop off.

Pjjp,

Remember they had Deontay Bell too. I think they reload at QB when JJ is gone.

Also they desperately must schedule 2 Blue teams for next year's non con games.

Assuming the district thing does not happen, you can expect Naz to move up to the Green in 2021. I'd guess Provi will drop down to the Orange. The question is this, though: what should be expected of Naz post JJ? My understanding is that JJ's class is very good. What are their expectations after he graduates? Will Naz maintain the level of talent they've had recently? I'm not close enough to their program to have an answer, but I suspect there will be a drop off.

You mentioning Naz to the Green has me thinking that Rita will be in the Blue in 2021.. Yes, I am predicting SR to win the Green next year. Couple that with their T-1 this past year, this will become a reality. 2021 Conference schedule: MC-LA-BR. That's a tough schedule. Better schedule two weaklings (if she can) in weeks 1 & 2.

Last edited:
You mentioning Naz to the Green has me thinking that Rita will be in the Blue in 2021.. Yes, I am predicting SR to win the Green next year. Couple that with their T-1 this past year, this will become a reality. 2021 Conference schedule: MC-LA-Marist. That's a tough schedule. Better schedule two weaklings (if she can) in weeks 1 & 2.
Depending on how Marist's QB situation pans out in the off season, I think BR would stay in the Blue and Marist would go down. SR needs to get back in 7A or at least 6A.

ADVERTISEMENT