ADVERTISEMENT

AJ Henning

It would seem important for this recruit to have a season of uninterrupted participation largely free of the injuries that have dogged him for the last two.

Reactions: Relist8 and jcrewx7
Where will he have a better chance to actually play enough to get noticed for the NFL?? Hmmm

I hope This young man is healthy this year. Can’t wait to see him play.

Reactions: Gene K.
I was actually concerned he might start losing some big school offers. Hip injuries in football are no bueno. Glad he is still on track. I remember watching him play against MC when he was a freshman. First play of the game he was gone. 80 yards in a blink of an eye. Even on the Freshman level I don’t think that’s ever happened to MC to start a game.

I was actually concerned he might start losing some big school offers. Hip injuries in football are no bueno. Glad he is still on track. I remember watching him play against MC when he was a freshman. First play of the game he was gone. 80 yards in a blink of an eye. Even on the Freshman level I don’t think that’s ever happened to MC to start a game.

ESL scored twice on first two plays they had the ball in the 1995 semis.

As for Henning, if he is hurt again at the beginning of next year, my guess is some offers will disappear.

Bones...Did not work well for Aaron Bailey as a skilled player in Champaign. No.
Different regimes also there was stubbornness on both sides. I think AB didn't feel like he got a fair shake at QB as Cubit brought his guy in. And I'm sure Cubit felt like AB should switch positions and do whatever to help the team. Didn't help that the time he put AB in (vs Wisconsin) he balled. Not so much against Ohio State. Wish they could've found a happy medium, but alas it was their careers not mine.

AJ, I assume, would be used by UofI the way Cubit wanted to use AB... As a jackknife of sorts. I just want to see the state schools doing well because we have the talent to support them.

Last edited:
Any of the LWE followers know if he has resurrected his sprinting career on the school track team? I believe he placed rather highly in the state finals of the 100 and 200 as a freshman.

Any of the LWE followers know if he has resurrected his sprinting career on the school track team? I believe he placed rather highly in the state finals of the 100 and 200 as a freshman.
Looked it up. 3rd fastest Freshmen in the 100 in 3a state meet.Behind Moore from North, and Stewart in Collinsville.

AB was a terrible fit for that system. Should have transferred ASAP

Last edited:
Reactions: kkhawk
I have only seen a couple of his games,had a couple of good runs as a soph against main south,but I just don’t see the resume of football to warrant all these offers?I know he’s crazy fast I watched him run his 100 at state!

Reactions: Relist8
Uh...ok Undercenter. Maybe look at some catches against Maine South in ‘17 or perhaps a state championship game vs. Loyola? He is the real deal when healthy. There would be no state title vs Loyola without him as the LWE option QB was on one leg.

Reactions: Bowie50
Uh...ok Undercenter. Maybe look at some catches against Maine South in ‘17 or perhaps a state championship game vs. Loyola? He is the real deal when healthy. There would be no state title vs Loyola without him as the LWE option QB was on one leg.

You have to question Undercenters football knowledge with comments like that. WIU78 you called it if AJ wasn’t on the field against Loyola their would be no State Championship for LWE.
UnderCenter look at his highlight video then let us know what you think.

You have to question Undercenters football knowledge with comments like that. WIU78 you called it if AJ wasn’t on the field against Loyola their would be no State Championship for LWE.
UnderCenter look at his highlight video then let us know what you think.
I agree about the Loyola game for sure,just saying I didn’t read or see that much of him having big games,and he was hurt junior yr.Im not saying he isn’t a great talent.Thats a lot of offers for that resume of football.

The key words are “when healthy” the kid is clearly a talent but when he has these type of issues during high school it’s fair to wonder if he will be able to hold up in the college game. If he has any health issues his senior year I would imagine the upper tier schools will back away.

I agree, he’s has great skills.I was just commenting on that without his senior yr and being injured junior yr did his football resume warrant those big time offers!

I have heard you can’t coach speed. However, there is plenty of money spent doing just that. All agreed, health is a factor for all football players and junior year was not a good one for AJ. Played on one good ankle late but his highlight reel is hard to argue. Another difference maker game was LWC his soph year. Take a look and get back to me. I am looking forward to his senior campaign.

I have heard you can’t coach speed. However, there is plenty of money spent doing just that. All agreed, health is a factor for all football players and junior year was not a good one for AJ. Played on one good ankle late but his highlight reel is hard to argue. Another difference maker game was LWC his soph year. Take a look and get back to me. I am looking forward to his senior campaign.

I doubt any of these colleges would recruit him if he isn’t healthy. I agree this is a big concern and he has to prove himself because after last year he comes across as injury prone. He has to stay healthy his Sr year.

I doubt any of these colleges would recruit him if he isn’t healthy. I agree this is a big concern and he has to prove himself because after last year he comes across as injury prone. He has to stay healthy his Sr year.

They'll recruit him now despite all of his injuries. If he has another injury plagued year some will back off. If he is healthy he will go where he wants.

Look forward to watching him play this yr,I believe they open up against Stevenson,should be a good test for him.

ND - high academics, close to home, national/global platform and network, TV every week and ability to play on national tv every week. But if you want a football factory go to OSU or Alabama ... one injury from never playing again. Then degrees matter. Either way wish the kid good luck.

Florida Georgia and Alabama have come calling. I didn’t think those schools know where Frankfort was!

I always vote for the best education. So I'd rather see him go to a Northwestern or similar school. That way if football doesn't work out he's got an NU Degree.

LWeastDad,
I also vote for the education but can’t stand ND. Northwestern is fine except they have a ways to go to even think about sniffing a NC. If the kid wants to play football at the highest level? Well that would be Alabama. If he is going to school to get an education and doesn’t care about football Then I am sure a bunch of schools would love to have him. Plenty of Ivy League schools if he has the grades would look good on his resume but they are not going turn anyone’s head as far as football. Heck Stanford might be a great choice since they offer both education and a top level football.
In any case he has a lot of options.

Good luck to the young man. I hope he has a great season and free of injuries.

Go East!

Reactions: Gene K. and Bowie50
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT