ADVERTISEMENT

Adam (pacman) Jones airport fight

Been gun-shy to post much "off topic," but I guess the Chicago RAW AAU situation falls under this umbrella ... that was a DISASTER!
The AAU came out a said that it was NOT an AAU sanctioned tournament...If I were them I would take steps to have true AAU teams only play in AAU sanctioned events

Reactions: crusader_of_90
That ref started the brawl, video picks up late. Hence the bystander comments at end about "never seeing a ref starting with a player" and "is he on drugs?"

Disaster indeed though. Imagine if the ref injured one instead of getting whipped by them.

Pacman punches like a girl ...
That ref started the brawl, video picks up late. Hence the bystander comments at end about "never seeing a ref starting with a player" and "is he on drugs?"

Disaster indeed though. Imagine if the ref injured one instead of getting whipped by them.
The optics were terrible for all involved. There are many stories going around - but you cannot justify the players’ actions at the end of the melee, regardless how it started.

Pacman punches like a girl ...

The optics were terrible for all involved. There are many stories going around - but you cannot justify the players’ actions at the end of the melee, regardless how it started.
I didn't justify anything. But indications from the video point to a jacked up ref.

Speaking of boxing. I did boxing training this spring/summer and it was easily the best workout I ever got. Better than double sessions, gym membership with a trainer, jogging, and even swimming.

Reactions: LTHSALUM76
Speaking of boxing. I did boxing training this spring/summer and it was easily the best workout I ever got. Better than double sessions, gym membership with a trainer, jogging, and even swimming.
Bones, I couldn't agree with you more. It can get real intense once you advance, too. Are you going to do any sparring, etc? Self defense is real good stuff.

I have always said there are a few classes of people you really don't want to pick a fight with. Some of those people are NFL football players, most cops, boxers, and wrestlers (if you allow them to get hold of you) I am sure I left some people out.

Reactions: Cross Bones
Bones, I couldn't agree with you more. It can get real intense once you advance, too. Are you going to do any sparring, etc? Self defense is real good stuff.

I have always said there are a few classes of people you really don't want to pick a fight with. Some of those people are NFL football players, most cops, boxers, and wrestlers (if you allow them to get hold of you) I am sure I left some people out.

I was really just doing it for the workout and didn't intend on getting in the ring, but coach wanted to work up to that. Problem is at 200+ lbs that's the heavy weight division and if I get in the ring I want to face a feather weight lol

I had no idea how tiring punching a bag for a minute is, let alone 3 minsutes. And that's not the half.

Reactions: Gene K.
I was really just doing it for the workout and didn't intend on getting in the ring, but coach wanted to work up to that. Problem is at 200+ lbs that's the heavy weight division and if I get in the ring I want to face a feather weight lol

I had no idea how tiring punching a bag for a minute is, let alone 3 minsutes. And that's not the half.
Is 200 your fighting weight?

No question the big dudes hit hard. The fight cards work up in weight as the night goes along. You see the speed of the lighter guys and it's impressive. But then you get to the big guys and wow. They also have speed. But you can really hear the gloves making contact.

Like a lot of people, I've seen that stuff up close and personal. It is very intimidating. It is intimidating just to know you're going into the ring against someone who literally wants to kick your ass. Tough way to make a living.

Good for you. I've just gained a lot of respect for you. What you are doing is real hard. Keep it up!

Forgot to mention the heavy bag. That is harder than it looks isn't it? When I was younger I did a ton of it. Over the years I sprained a wrist when I neglected to tape them. Laziness on my part because I knew better. Never made that mistake again. I don't hit the bag nearly as much as I used to. But that is what happens when a person ages. Now, I can feel it in my shoulders a lot more than I used to. It's like...hit the bag...sore for 3 days!

I hope you're young. It's a young man's workout. If you are middle aged, more credit.

ADVERTISEMENT