ADVERTISEMENT

A Thank You To The Board

Good for you. I’m sure you’ve seen how us grown men can have less than adult like conversations but it’s all in good fun and we’re all here for our passion of high school football. Good luck in your endeavors.

Thank you both for your responses and to everyone for the likes. I truly appreciate the well wishes. It’ll be a few years off but as long as I continue on this career path I may try and update you all on what career situation I’m in.

Formicidae13,

Good luck with college! Keep in touch!

When your finished with college who knows Edgy may be looking to hire you!

Reactions: Formicidae13
I apologize for possibly not being on topic of IHSA football here and I hope I don’t get flushed for that. Good luck to those of you with teams still remaining and may there be plenty of excitement in the games we follow for those of you less fortunate.
There is ALMOST no way that even the biggest knucklehead(s) on this board could derail this thread enough to get it deleted. (That wasn't a challenge, by the way.)

Good Luck to you.

And you would be surprised how much football we can talk on here during the off season.

Alright alright alright...your message is well written and you surely should pursue a career that’s both enjoyable and rewarding. MIZZOU isn’t that far away and a great school for Journalism. Good luck to you!
BUT, can we get back to the subject at hand:
A discussion about the best team in the state and it’s hundreds of miles of travel to play lessor skilled opponents only to be victimized by unfair officials who impose lopsided penalty counts in the name of fair play and prosperity...

Last edited:
Alright alright alright...your message is well written and you surely should pursue a career that’s both enjoyable and rewarding. MIZZOU isn’t that far away an school for Journalism. Good luck to you!
BUT, can we get back to the subject at hand:
A discussion about the best team in the state and it’s hundreds of miles of travel to play lessor skilled opponents only to be victimized by unfair officials who impose lopsided penalty counts in the name of fair play and prosperity...
Good friends kid graduated in that from Missouri three years ago. He’s working for ESPN now in Bristol.
Pretty cool, it can be done.

You’re welcome.

Now, after a full season of lurking, we have one request of you:
Please rank the top ten teams in Illinois.

You’re welcome.

Now, after a full season of lurking, we have one request of you:
Please rank the top ten teams in Illinois.
Here ya go
1.East Side
2.Mascoutah
3.Edwardsville
4.Columbia
5.Highland
6.Effingham
7.Troy(Triad)
8.Breese(Mater Dei)
9.Vandalia
10.Cahokia
(If you can’t tell, I’m just yanking your chain by only listing Southern schools. And it’s not even a good list to rank them either)

Here ya go
1.East Side
2.Mascoutah
3.Edwardsville
4.Columbia
5.Highland
6.Effingham
7.Troy(Triad)
8.Breese(Mater Dei)
9.Vandalia
10.Cahokia
(If you can’t tell, I’m just yanking your chain by only listing Southern schools. And it’s not even a good list to rank them either)
Oh you should have laid that sarcasm out without a clue of your intentions. :D

Oh you should have laid that sarcasm out without a clue of your intentions. :D
I considered it but with how nice people have been to me tonight(28 likes! and some very kind comments) I figured I ought save starting an all out war for later. Plus I’d at least have snuck a LWE or Naz or Warren or etc in at #10 to give the slightest amount of believability to it if I wanted to troll;)

There is ALMOST no way that even the biggest knucklehead(s) on this board could derail this thread enough to get it deleted. (That wasn't a challenge, by the way.)

Good Luck to you.

And you would be surprised how much football we can talk on here during the off season.
I want to talk more about the Illini 8!!!

Reactions: The Outfit
I considered it but with how nice people have been to me tonight(28 likes! and some very kind comments) I figured I ought save starting an all out war for later. Plus I’d at least have snuck a LWE or Naz or Warren or etc in at #10 to give the slightest amount of believability to it if I wanted to troll;)

You have learned well young Jedi.

I apologize for possibly not being on topic of IHSA football here and I hope I don’t get flushed for that. Good luck to those of you with teams still remaining and may there be plenty of excitement in the games we follow for those of you less fortunate.[/QUOTE]

Good luck, buddy. Writing was a major part of my job over 45 years. All I can say is write, write, write.

I found that photo captions were one of the most difficult challenges. If you have a chance to look through some old issues of Sports Illustrated, you'll fid outstanding examples to learn from.

If you get up north, treat yourself to a Gately Dog.

I apologize for possibly not being on topic of IHSA football here and I hope I don’t get flushed for that. Good luck to those of you with teams still remaining and may there be plenty of excitement in the games we follow for those of you less fortunate.

Good luck, buddy. Writing was a major part of my job over 45 years. All I can say is write, write, write.

I found that photo captions were one of the most difficult challenges. If you have a chance to look through some old issues of Sports Illustrated, you'll fid outstanding examples to learn from.

If you get up north, treat yourself to a Gately Dog.[/QUOTE]
Thank you for the advice, I’ll try and find some SIs because I agree on captions being challenging at times. As far the Gately Dog, I’ve read some conflicting reports about them on here so I’m not sure what to think about them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT