ADVERTISEMENT

A nice sign of sportsmenship

USD24

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Joliet
The team manager from the Mascoutah football team posted this to the JCA facebook page after the Mascoutah win on Saturday. As both an alum and parent of Joliet Catholic, it made me proud to read this.

Ashton Carmichaelto Joliet Catholic Football
November 17 at 11:34 AM

Hey Joliet! I am a varsity football manager for Mascoutah and I would like to thank your boys, coaches and program for the way you treated us. From the moment we pulled up, to the second we pulled away, you guys were nothing but amazing. Your boys were respectful, kind and showed that we are all on the same team. It was a fantastic game with two amazing teams and that showed through the scoreboard.
One specific player really left an impact on everyone, that was #23. I believe your name is Jordan, you are a wonderful person and could’ve handled the situation so much differently. You came to our senior boys and gave us tips and pointers for our games to come. You even came onto our bus before we left for final words. Thank you, you truly changed us.
Not only were the players amazing but so was the program overall. Before we left we had an authority figure (maybe head coach or athletic director?) come onto our bus two different times. The first time he brought us catered food for our long ride home, we have never been treated like this. He then came back and shared some words with us explaining that we are on the same team.
This program is full of respect and class. Thank you for being great hosts. I wish you all the best of luck for your seasons to come!
Mascoutah High School Football
Mascoutah Illinois Community & Residents
Residents of Mascoutah Illinois
618 High School Huddle

Remember when the WV Manager (Eric ?) dressed for the last game of his Senior year. We ended up beating Morris (I think it was Morris ) and he was the happiest kid on the team.

Yep. Not sure about the name but Eric could be it. Hard to believe more than 30 years have flown by.

Sorry saw this on facebook and posted it to another thread before I saw this thread.

Reactions: USD24
The team manager from the Mascoutah football team posted this to the JCA facebook page after the Mascoutah win on Saturday. As both an alum and parent of Joliet Catholic, it made me proud to read this.

Ashton Carmichaelto Joliet Catholic Football
November 17 at 11:34 AM

Hey Joliet! I am a varsity football manager for Mascoutah and I would like to thank your boys, coaches and program for the way you treated us. From the moment we pulled up, to the second we pulled away, you guys were nothing but amazing. Your boys were respectful, kind and showed that we are all on the same team. It was a fantastic game with two amazing teams and that showed through the scoreboard.
One specific player really left an impact on everyone, that was #23. I believe your name is Jordan, you are a wonderful person and could’ve handled the situation so much differently. You came to our senior boys and gave us tips and pointers for our games to come. You even came onto our bus before we left for final words. Thank you, you truly changed us.
Not only were the players amazing but so was the program overall. Before we left we had an authority figure (maybe head coach or athletic director?) come onto our bus two different times. The first time he brought us catered food for our long ride home, we have never been treated like this. He then came back and shared some words with us explaining that we are on the same team.
This program is full of respect and class. Thank you for being great hosts. I wish you all the best of luck for your seasons to come!
Mascoutah High School Football
Mascoutah Illinois Community & Residents
Residents of Mascoutah Illinois
618 High School Huddle
Wow! We can all learn from this example. Thank you for sharing.

Hated to see Joliet Catholic lose but Mascoutah beat my old Sica & Illini 8 teams so I’m rooting for them

ADVERTISEMENT