ADVERTISEMENT

8A Teams to beat in 2018?

I don’t think it will matter. Both kids could be starters anywhere.
Well I agree for team success it doesn’t matter but big deal to those kids. Both are lower tier d1 already. Both would have started at 98% of schools in state last year. What are your thoughts, who has upper hand?

I don’t think it will matter. Both kids could be starters anywhere.
Well I agree for team success it doesn’t matter but big deal to those kids. Both are lower tier d1 already. Both would have started at 98% of schools in state last year. What are your thoughts, who has upper hand?
They are in a battle for the top spot. Can’t be sure. I know they were both told it’s wide open.

When I was watching LWE vs TWood last year I thought we could beat East only if the backup didn't start. Don't remember the backups name, but he was clearly capable.

Reactions: mommee68
When you have a home run hitter like AJ Henning it's hardness to bet against the Beast.

Last edited:
Reactions: lkhammer57
LWE has other skill players returning from a strong Jr class that does not get the press, so don’t get stuck on AJ. They can win without him so opposing team shouldn’t get their hopes up when he is not on the field. LWE 8A State champs

Reactions: jcrewx7
LWE has other skill players returning from a strong Jr class that does not get the press, so don’t get stuck on AJ. They can win without him so opposing team shouldn’t get their hopes up when he is not on the field. LWE 8A State champs
Perhaps. LWE was not beating Loyola if AJ didn't put the team on his back. But part of the reason I liked this LWE was because they weren't overwhelming, but they won. There's something to be said about that.

Reactions: vfl05 and woody6
Perhaps. LWE was not beating Loyola if AJ didn't put the team on his back. But part of the reason I liked this LWE was because they weren't overwhelming, but they won. There's something to be said about that.
I agree with this assessment which is why they were deserving champions IMO. They had some adversity to work through in terms of close games, coming from behind and some key players playing in pain during the playoffs. They did not seem to just blow through their 14 wins without earning the "W" and I saw many of those games live or on video.

So where did AJ go?

Edwardsville will be a major threat.

Reactions: southernill
LWE won games because of their front four. They are all gone. Still a contender but not like last year.

You should tone it down a bit.

I’d hate to be NC players and coaches looking at Randy’s post up in the LWE locker room on the bulliten board!! Going to be some good hitting in that game as it is anyways.

I’d hate to be NC players and coaches looking at Randy’s post up in the LWE locker room on the bulliten board!! Going to be some good hitting in that game as it is anyways.
LWE is awesome. They fly around and hit people and win. NC is a terrific program too, but why would anyone post this tripe??? Huge disservice to the kids and the community. It reminds me of GoldenDomer and his posts about the 2015 HF squad, or that D-bag and his posts about Superman and PR.

LWE is awesome. They fly around and hit people and win. NC is a terrific program too, but why would anyone post this tripe??? Huge disservice to the kids and the community. It reminds me of GoldenDomer and his posts about the 2015 HF squad, or that D-bag and his posts about Superman and PR.
It's really easy to post fact. Central is a National Powerhouse. East isn't. It's like Florida playing Mount Union.

Please post it...East will need to dig very deep to even compete.

To Randy and Joe!!

I’m a DVC and western suburb football fan in general. I will be rooting for NC in all their non con games. Know quite a few kids on the team past and present and future. That said - it’s early early early. Hell 7v7 and camps haven’t even started. Let’s bump this thread this summer and then the boasts and bulletin board material can fly around the board!!

I know NC will be good, but to compare their game with Florida (as the stand in for NC) vs Mount Union (with union being LWE) is just craziness and surely a troll post to rile up the Beast fans who are right now still in hibernation since it’s not even spring yet.

This kind of thing might be 15+ pages if it was closer to the season. However I think I know your insidious plan - you think you have a topic that will beat HHS’s Dumpster fire thread for length and number of posts!! No way!! We have worked too hard with Poking HHS just the right amount each day to get it to the current length and depth. Furthermore HHS has taken significant time away from work for the Dumpster fire project to just give up the mantle of most posted thread!! Not going to happen!! Right HHS?

Last edited:
Reactions: Bowie50 and Gene K.
Naper Central will be top 10, but might lose at least two games with the tough schedule. Probably top 5 in 8a.

Hi NNF!

Wow you really think they will be/should be that high? I agree they the team to beat in the 5 team DVC and their schedule is brutal - but they lost a lot on the defensive side of the ball and a few key pieces on the offensive side. They will reload as usual - but top 5? They do have a nice QB! Teams have to get pressure on him or he will carve up any defense that is for sure!!

Side note - would love a post from you in the dumpster fire thread. Any post will do. Thanks in advance!!

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT