ADVERTISEMENT

8A 12-Season Athletes

crusader_of_90

Nov 1, 2003
Sauget, IL
archviewsecurity.com
Fremd's Austin Schwantz participated in three sports a year during each of his high school years.

This cannot be common these days in 8A schools.

More or less than 10 kids this year to make the same claim? Or am I generalizing?

Edwardsville kid didn't do track his frosh year.

Epic, I must be old and out of touch, because I rarely have any idea what your acronyms mean.
IWBCH - if we're being completely honest
FWIW - for what it's worth
WADR - With all due respect
JFC - Jesuit Football Cheats
TIA - Thanks in advance
NFM - No Further Message

Reactions: USD24
IWBCH - if we're being completely honest
FWIW - for what it's worth
WADR - With all due respect
JFC - Jesuit Football Cheats
TIA - Thanks in advance
NFM - No Further Message
IMHO - In my humble opinion
DKDC - don't know don't care
ICBISS - I'm cool because I said so

So this esteemed body of knowledge cannot produce another name of an athlete who can make the same claim from an 8A school? I'm actually shocked at the rarity of such a person.
I think it is rare for 8A-sized schools. I can think of a few in my neck of the woods (not all 8A).

Sr. Jo Jo McNair of 8A Joliet Central.....do-everything two-way player in football. Led the Steelmen to their first two victories (ended a 57-game losing streak) since the split from Joliet West. G on the 20-plus win basketball team....and a pitcher/OF for a Steelmen baseball team that has done surprisingly well in the rugged Southwest Prairie.

Jr. Brady Miller of Plainfield North....started at QB for the 7A runnerup, started at G/F in basketball and currently pitches and plays the field for their highly touted baseball team.

Jr. Aiden Tyrell of JCA (5A)...will start at QB next year.....started at G on the b-ball team....pitcher/OF for the baseball team. He's committed to Notre Dame for baseball.

8A Maine South RB on pace to have played 13 Seasons. Football, Wrestling, Track and Lacrosse (Frosh) Football, Track and Lacrosse (Soph) , Football, Track and Lacrosse (JR). SR year is 2017-18.

I'm fairly certain Oles at Palatine is 3 sport. I think there are a couple more as well.

A few years ago, Charlie Dowdle of Loyola Academy participated in Football (Sun Times All-State), Swimming, Water Polo (All-American)

A few at Ignatius this year:

Raf Curran: Football, Wresting, Track
Daniel McMahon: Football, Hockey, Rugby

I'm fairly certain Oles at Palatine is 3 sport. I think there are a couple more as well.

He would have been a 12 sport guy if he didn't break his collarbone... didn't play b-ball this winter (along with seven other footballers..which was a bummer because this year's seniors were 27-2 as sophs and beat Fremd twice, who took 4th in state this year).

Johnny O'Shea, if he stays healthy, will be a 12 seasoner. Football, Basketball and Volleyball. He made All-Area in football and basketball as a junior(V-ball is still going I think). It will be very exciting to watch him next year; the kid is a freak of nature athlete.

ADVERTISEMENT