ADVERTISEMENT

5A Title game

I look at it this way. If JCA plays Sycamore right now I beleve they win by 14 to 17 points from what I have seen from JCA starting with week 9 vs ND and going forward.

Montini/Sycamore could have went either way. Therefore JCA wins by 8 points.

Yes I predicted it. JCA by 8.

Wish I was wrong and the Broncos won but I saw this coming.

Congrats to JCA!

Exciting game. Gritty performances by a lot of guys on both sides. Jca offensive line played their best game today. Iannantone was a man.

Still can't help but feel like we stole one today. Montini justbdidnt capitalize a few times and that was the difference. I feel for you bronco nation. Irwin the exact feeling we had in 2009 when we let one slip that we should have won.

But bronco had a lot of sophs and juniors on the field today and will probably win it all next year, bumping them up to 6a in 2020. Just in time for JC to be competitive to make a run in 5a again.

Damn success factor. Montini, naz, and jca should be able to go at it every year but now thebihsa has just created an endless cycle where they will all be spread outnpver 2 or 3 classes

Exciting game. Gritty performances by a lot of guys on both sides. Jca offensive line played their best game today. Iannantone was a man.

Still can't help but feel like we stole one today. Montini justbdidnt capitalize a few times and that was the difference. I feel for you bronco nation. Irwin the exact feeling we had in 2009 when we let one slip that we should have won.

But bronco had a lot of sophs and juniors on the field today and will probably win it all next year, bumping them up to 6a in 2020. Just in time for JC to be competitive to make a run in 5a again.

Damn success factor. Montini, naz, and jca should be able to go at it every year but now thebihsa has just created an endless cycle where they will all be spread outnpver 2 or 3 classes

Call it even now? Great game!

But bronco had a lot of sophs and juniors on the field today and will probably win it all next year, bumping them up to 6a in 2020.

I was at practice Thurs. morning and was surprised at the number of underclassmen that were playing today for Montini. It will be difficult to replace a Fedanzo, West and McNicholas, but the future looks bright for Montini.

I was at practice Thurs. morning and was surprised at the number of underclassmen that were playing today for Montini. It will be difficult to replace a Fedanzo, West and McNicholas, but the future looks bright for Montini.

A lot of people say this but I don't actually buy it.

Yes a lot of sophs and juniors are playing up but the numbers of frosh and sophs in the system is as low as ever. The frosh and sophs team barely have enough kids to field a team so depth is down.

Ok. So I only post every once in a while and it usually gets me into trouble. Sorry. But for some 1A loving. Forreston won 1A. They beat beat Le-Win by 8. By that virtue, they would beat Ic by 7. AC lost to IC by 44. Ac lost to Le-Win by 43. Therefore. Crown Forreston.

I will return to lurking. I can’t get into trouble that way. I do enjoy this board.

Didn't get a chance to see the game unfortunately. But just as well since the Bronco's lost. JCA showed it had the heart to win and congrats to them on one heck of a season. Curious to know if when Montini went ahead 21-7 early if they stayed with the running game limiting JCA's offense time on the field? Last year at Dekalb we went up by two scores and passed the ball too often leading to the loss. Montini this year, and last year lost to teams, who pounded the ball as they didn't have the size on the defensive lines which forced the LB's to make the bulk of the tackles. Thoughts?

Reactions: crusader_of_90
Gene,

That's funny because I could not watch the game either. Was going to watch the replay but since they lost maybe I wont. Glad now I did not see it live.

Like Bu said after the game.this was just a bad matchup for Montini. JCA had big lineman, Montini has athletes.

Last edited:
Didn't get a chance to see the game unfortunately. But just as well since the Bronco's lost. JCA showed it had the heart to win and congrats to them on one heck of a season. Curious to know if when Montini went ahead 21-7 early if they stayed with the running game limiting JCA's offense time on the field?
I don't want to make you cringe, IMO had Montini stayed with their ground game when they were up 21-7, yes I believe the final outcome would have been much different.

I listened to the game on WJOL, so I was getting play-by-play from a couple Joliet area guys. They were shocked that Montini didn't just continue pounding the their ground game at JCA defense.

Reactions: Gene K. and USD24
Two things surprised me:
1. Montini passing on 2nd and 11 from the JCA 25, when they were up 27-21. They were running at will at that point.
2. Montini punting late in the 4th when they were down 28-27.

Thanks guys! Kinda of what happened last year. We were getting 4-5 yards a carry and started passing and eventually let DeKalb back in the game and they won. Montini's coaches are top notch and I am not going to bum rap them over one game. They have a better feeling over their team than I do as a fan.

That said, I believe if your running game is working good, your eating up the clock, and not letting the other teams offense on the field. I know you have to keep the other teams defense honest but if they aren't stopping you keep running until they do. Montini's RB Fendanzo is a big kid with speed who will get a lot of yards (186 in this game) and will break a few long run TDs.

IMO running the ball when your a couple of scores ahead makes sense to me and that not only goes for high school, but college and the pros too. BTW, I'm the fan in the stands yelling run the ball while Montini's offense is on the field and have been doing that for the last 5 years. Anyway, JCA has always had my respect and that goes double for this year. Be rooting for them next year except against the Broncos.

Thanks guys! Kinda of what happened last year. We were getting 4-5 yards a carry and started passing and eventually let DeKalb back in the game and they won. Montini's coaches are top notch and I am not going to bum rap them over one game. They have a better feeling over their team than I do as a fan.

That said, I believe if your running game is working good, your eating up the clock, and not letting the other teams offense on the field. I know you have to keep the other teams defense honest but if they aren't stopping you keep running until they do. Montini's RB Fendanzo is a big kid with speed who will get a lot of yards (186 in this game) and will break a few long run TDs.

IMO running the ball when your a couple of scores ahead makes sense to me and that not only goes for high school, but college and the pros too. BTW, I'm the fan in the stands yelling run the ball while Montini's offense is on the field and have been doing that for the last 5 years. Anyway, JCA has always had my respect and that goes double for this year. Be rooting for them next year except against the Broncos.
Reason being their First quarterback who is a great runner banged up his ankle,,,FOR REAL,,,and second guy that came in doesn't run the ball anything like the first guy.

Reactions: Gene K.
Che real blessing in disguise was when number 27 left the game and number 32 took over and basically won the game with over 300 yards rushing ,congrats to him .

I watched most of the game for the first time tonight. One thing I would have done which would have helped out is I would have found a spot on the defensive side of the football for Fedanzo when JCA had the ball in the red zone.

We all know he played great at linebacker earlier in his career at Montini. But even adding a 4th linebacker or playing Fedanzo at strong safety would have really helped when JCA had the ball in the red zone.

Also our QB throws were not as on target as usual but he is a great player and only a sophomore.

I think this move alone would have gotten Montini the win.

Fedanzo must have played LB as a freshman or sophmore as I don't remember seeing him at that position. He didn't play LB last year or this year. The LB's were not the problem this year but the size of the D-line the last two years was and is.

The problem what I am hearing (still haven't seen the game on TV) from others on this thread is we didn't capitalize on a strong Montini running game. Unfortunately this is dejavu for me as that happened last year too.
IMHO, I would have went to Fendanzo early and often. He had 18 touches for 186 yards equals 10 yards a carry. JCA used Iannantone 40 times for 318 yards (8 yd average) and ate the clock up with running. Seems JCA didn't have a problem giving their back that many touches.

ADVERTISEMENT