ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Strength of Schedule

MMA_Det

Oct 30, 2023
I am looking at MC’s schedule this year

- 2 returning state champions
- 1 runner up
- starts season against a travel team from New Jersey

MC have a legit QB but lost the entire receiving core… it’s going to be interesting to see how they match up with this…

I would post a picture, but I am having issues with the settings

Reactions: Silver Rain
Loyola

- 1 returning state champion in MC
- 1 state runner up in East side

Lincolnway west

Opens against Main South that went 10-2 last year…. That’s the highlight of this years schedule

Niles Notre Dame

- 2 state runner ups
- a 3rd state semifinalist (@ Providence)
- other notables: @ Sterling, @ Rita, @ Marist, @ Brother Rice, St. Patrick rivalry

MC have a legit QB but lost the entire receiving core
Not quite. Returning senior Danyil Taylor is a big, strong tight end who could emerge as Elliott's favorite target. And when he isn't throwing, Elliott is a powerful runner. Plus, developing offensive talent is a Lynch specialty.

As usual, the defense will be solid.

In other news, MC picked up a notable transfer from Loyola. Zion Elliott, a 6'2, 260-lb. right tackle, Class of '26. Guy's a mauler.

Last edited:
East St Louis

1 returning Illinois state champion
1 returning Pennsylvania state champion
IMG which does not participate in the Florida state tournament and travels for the entire season

Once again, I believe that East side has the strongest schedule within the state

Not quite. Returning senior Danyil Taylor is a big, strong tight end who could emerge as Elliott's favorite target. And when he isn't throwing, Elliott is a powerful runner. Plus, developing offensive talent is something Lynch does very well.
Who is in line to replace Dupree at RB?

Rita has had very, very tough schedules in the past. This year she will play:

vs. Sandburg (8A-R1)
vs. MC (7A Champion)
@ BR (7A-R1)
@ SF (5A-Semifinalist)
vs. Tough DON
vs. Nazareth (5A-Champion)
@ Leo (actually being played at Rita)
vs. St. Patrick
vs. IC (4A-Quarterfinalist)

Rita has had very, very tough schedules in the past. This year she will play:

vs. Sandburg (8A-R1)
vs. MC (7A Champion)
@ BR (7A-R1)
@ SF (5A-Semifinalist)
vs. Tough DON
vs. Nazareth (5A-Champion)
@ Leo (actually being played at Rita)
vs. St. Patrick
vs. IC (4A-Quarterfinalist)
I Love SR playing a road game at its own stadium.

Who gets the hot dog $?

Actually, I'm very glad that Leo is open and running smoothly ... and that it can field a team.

Agreed on Leo

The people responsible for keeping that school open are making an impact within a community that needs it the most.

Reactions: MC63
I think they’ll be just fine. This group, especially the junior class, has a chance to be special. Roster on paper is loaded for the next two years.
Good for them. Glad they joined the CCL. Schedule is loads better for the kids than what it was.

While some teams play an extremely weak NC schedule before a tough conference slate…SF did no such thing. Kudos.

Reactions: Gene K.
Rita gets the concession $, Leo gets the gate $.
It's the same arrangement that charter schools get when they use the field. DLS used SR when they did their field renovation. Iggy used the faculty for a couple of years also. The field is well used even the weeks SR is on the road. Add in Grade school football, Lacrosse and varsity rugby and they sell a lot of nachos.

Reactions: McCaravan
Good for them. Glad they joined the CCL. Schedule is loads better for the kids than what it was.

While some teams play an extremely weak NC schedule before a tough conference slate…SF did no such thing. Kudos.
wait you’ll say kudos to someone who upgraded opponents on the schedule
but then say the opposite when it comes to what class they are in the playoffs?
are you kidding me? holy hipocrite

wait you’ll say kudos to someone who upgraded opponents on the schedule
but then say the opposite when it comes to what class they are in the playoffs?
are you kidding me? holy hipocrite
It's spelled - hypocrite.

The whole point of your schedule is to prepare the team for the playoffs.

Maybe it'd help your 5A program if they'd upgrade their schedule. Starting the year by playing a 4a program that hasn't made the playoffs in 5 years isn't helping your program. Neither is following that game up with a program that's won (1) game in 4 years. And then your 3rd non-con game is vs a homeschool program out of MO. Maybe it's time to look in the mirror as you've only won 12 playoff games in the past 35 years.

Last edited:
Thoughts on this stretch of games??

9/13 Naz at Mt Carmel
9/20 IC at Naz
9/27 Joliet Catholic at Naz

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT