ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Spring Season Bowl Matchups

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Let’s have some fun. So here’s my thought let’s take my top 10 class 8A through 5A teams based off the last ranking link below. Let’s try to put together the most intriguing as possible match ups. Totally up to you and your desired matchups whether just a great rivalry or maybe teams that have never played each other. I’d love to know your thoughts behind your match ups if possible. I will also do the same and put it in a story form. I’m also thinking about us coming up with some unique Illinois/Chicago land based “sponsors“ Which of course we can have all kinds of fun with as well. Here’s an example

The Frankie’s Deli IHSA Championship Series Bowl semifinals (winners play for the State title)

East St Louis vs Loyola Academy
Warren Township vs Lincoln Way East

Reilly’s Daughter Bowl
Marist vs Brother Rice

SHG vs Mount Carmel at ISU
Maine South vs Rochester at ISU
Naperville Central vs St Rita
Marion vs Antioch
Peoria vs Harlem
Batavia vs Barrington
Edwardsville vs Hinsdale Central
Hillcrest vs Boylan

Get the idea? I figure we can have up to 20 separate games using class 8a thru 5A top 10 But I’m also open to suggestions changes etc.

I also figured once we settle on the 20 games we can vote on them go to Twitter and get votes whatever and have fun

I feel that Reeters is getting screwed here - some have them at a possible two in the state. Certainly a Top 4.

First man out for the State Title would have to be East Side.

How about this, East Side v Lakes ... Battle of the Opposite Universes.

Reactions: Gene K.
I feel that Reeters is getting screwed here - some have them at a possible two in the state. Certainly a Top 4.

First man out for the State Title would have to be East Side.

How about this, East Side v Lakes ... Battle of the Opposite Universes.
This (my examples) are just that.....examples......come up with sone great matchups and I'm all onboard....and Lakes ESTL would be a horrible matchup

• Sad
Reactions: crusader_of_90
Victory Formation Bowl
Providence Catholic vs Chatham Glenwood
In the 2019 playoffs up three scores already, Chatham scored on a long run on the last play of the game. I expect Providence would have loved a rematch with a not as strong 2021 Chatham.

The Hammer Bowl
St Rita vs Joliet Catholic
Two very tough run-oriented teams collide. A heavyweight matchup of two powerhouses.

The We‘ll Leave a Light on Bowl
Rochester vs Peoria
With all the points scored, the game might take 4 hours.

Chicago Area Championship
Loyola vs Lincoln Way East

Downstate Championship
East St Louis vs SHG

Winners play each other for the mythical state title. Not an expert on Loyola or Lincoln Way East, but East St Louis and SHG could have been a great matchup. The only thing that had any impact against SHG this season is speed. But this team has the size and confidence to play with anyone.

The Battle of 1800 Lincoln Highway Bowl Providence 1800 West Lincoln Highway vs Lincoln Way Central 1801 East Lincoln Highway!!!

Seriously though I would pay a lot of money to see this match up.

Let’s have some fun. So here’s my thought let’s take my top 10 class 8A through 5A teams based off the last ranking link below. Let’s try to put together the most intriguing as possible match ups. Totally up to you and your desired matchups whether just a great rivalry or maybe teams that have never played each other. I’d love to know your thoughts behind your match ups if possible. I will also do the same and put it in a story form. I’m also thinking about us coming up with some unique Illinois/Chicago land based “sponsors“ Which of course we can have all kinds of fun with as well. Here’s an example

The Frankie’s Deli IHSA Championship Series Bowl semifinals (winners play for the State title)

East St Louis vs Loyola Academy
Warren Township vs Lincoln Way East

Reilly’s Daughter Bowl
Marist vs Brother Rice

SHG vs Mount Carmel at ISU
Maine South vs Rochester at ISU
Naperville Central vs St Rita
Marion vs Antioch
Peoria vs Harlem
Batavia vs Barrington
Edwardsville vs Hinsdale Central
Hillcrest vs Boylan

Get the idea? I figure we can have up to 20 separate games using class 8a thru 5A top 10 But I’m also open to suggestions changes etc.

I also figured once we settle on the 20 games we can vote on them go to Twitter and get votes whatever and have fun

MC and Rita haven't played since 2017 if you can believe that, lets reunite this classic rivalry. Let SHG play NC instead......I would also like to see another rivalry that is well overdue be played in the "Brown N' White Bowl" with MC vs JCA

I'd like to see Marist v Joliet Catholic in the King of the Hill Bowl. I haven't thought of a sponsor yet.

The Ratsy Bowl:

SHG vs. JCA

I believe Ratsy would like to play JCA when SHG has one of their A-level teams.

Reactions: rocketnation
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT