ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Non-Conference Schedules

DJrodey24

Nov 3, 2003
I'm sure some of you have looked ahead to next year already. What are some of the non-conference games for 2020 that you are looking forward to seeing the most.

New matchups?
Renewed rivalries?

Curious to what you guys are thinking.

ESL has cbc desmet NV and NC
I don’t know if many of their kids graduate, but that DeSmet team is absolutely dominating Missouri this year. They made CBC look hopeless. They were very run oreiented this year which would be a good thing to have to take down and East Side Team

I don’t know if many of their kids graduate, but that DeSmet team is absolutely dominating Missouri this year. They made CBC look hopeless. They were very run oreiented this year which would be a good thing to have to take down and East Side Team
i believe they lose alot. they do have 3 really good rbs i think that are underclassmen.
wouldnt be suprised if one of them ended up a flyer next year

Reactions: Formicidae13
Neuqua has:

@Oswego
WWS
@East Side.

Pretty solid.
Naperville Central retains some of the same non-con games and will host Hinsdale Central & and travel to LW East & East St Louis in weeks two and nine...but..amazing as it is..have replaced Pickerington (OH) Central with Detroit Central Catholic in week three.....Waubonsie has replaced OPRF in week 1 wiith Oswego East..As of now their week two & three scheduled weeks from last season (Libertyville & Trinity (KY) are open....Metea has replaced WW South in week one with Geneva away, and replaced week two with Lake Park with Lockport away..but they will host Belleville East in week three..They've also replaced the week nine NV game from this past season with one of the Rich Township schools..not sure which one...

Naperville Central retains some of the same non-con games and will host Hinsdale Central & and travel to LW East & East St Louis in weeks two and nine...but..amazing as it is..have replaced Pickerington (OH) Central with Detroit Central Catholic in week three.....Waubonsie has replaced OPRF in week 1 wiith Oswego East..As of now their week two & three scheduled weeks from last season (Libertyville & Trinity (KY) are open....Metea has replaced WW South in week one with Geneva away, and replaced week two with Lake Park with Lockport away..but they will host Belleville East in week three..They've also replaced the week nine NV game from this past season with one of the Rich Township schools..not sure which one...

I thought I read that the Rich Townships schools are combining programs. If so then if NV scheduled a Rich township school it id the combined program

OHSAA doesn't allow teams to travel to states not touching Ohio. Michigan, Indiana, KY, WV, and PA are the only states Ohio HS teams can travel to......even though Pickerington Central wanted to come to Naperville the state HS assoc. wouldn't allow it.

As a side note, Pick Central beat State #1 Mentor in last weeks semi-finals. They now get Cincy Elder in the state championship this weekend.

OHSAA doesn't allow teams to travel to states not touching Ohio. Michigan, Indiana, KY, WV, and PA are the only states Ohio HS teams can travel to......even though Pickerington Central wanted to come to Naperville the state HS assoc. wouldn't allow it.

As a side note, Pick Central beat State #1 Mentor in last weeks semi-finals. They now get Cincy Elder in the state championship this weekend.
Is this a recent rule in Ohio If so, it must not pertain to private schools in Ohio because St. Edward from Lakewood OH ( the Cleveland area) came to Central in 2017..on a Saturday..Redhawks lost 34-24..I see Pickerington will play in the finals this Saturday...

Is this a recent rule in Ohio If so, it must not pertain to private schools in Ohio because St. Edward from Lakewood OH ( the Cleveland area) came to Central in 2017..on a Saturday..Redhawks lost 34-24..I see Pickerington will play in the finals this Saturday...
It was just enacted this year I believe....if not it was last year. That’s why St. Ignatius and Loyola played in Indiana this fall. I was at the NC/St. Ed’s game.....that team was full of grown men.

Didn't St Ed's come to Naperville Central a couple of years back?

Love to see Hillcrest at St. Rita week one and do the reverse in 2021 since JCA is not renewing the contract for two more years.

St. Rita was good with LWE for a home and home years ago. That would work. LWE is on the decline now that AJ and The Dominator are graduated.

LWE non conference is the same as last year Stevenson and Naperville central

Looking for new ventures LWeastDad and planting the seeds early never hurts.

It was just enacted this year I believe....if not it was last year. That’s why St. Ignatius and Loyola played in Indiana this fall. I was at the NC/St. Ed’s game.....that team was full of grown men.
Central handed them that game....When the Redhawks went to Ohio they got stomped by St Edward...In this game they took control and then turned around and gave it away...the following week the same thing would happen vs Naperville North for another big L....From there, the ship would get righted until another train wreck occurred in Park Ridge on a Saturday afternoon in the playoffs...end of season....Well...it's too bad, I would've liked to ahve see Pickerington Central...

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
LWE is on the decline now that AJ and The Dominator are graduated.
Between the two, they are surely losing a lot of points and field position yardage. Although their talent is largely district-bred, I wonder what the off-season might hold in terms of transfers

Between the two, they are surely losing a lot of points and field position yardage. Although their talent is largely district-bred, I wonder what the off-season might hold in terms of transfers

*Cough cough* really good QB

Reactions: USD24
I like that....kind of like a Saint Griffin the Mythical private school approach. Thanks Johndoe for the transfer thought. Until this I thought my favorite moment of 2019 was the Niles Notre Dame cheer of “Jesus loves us.” The preference at LWE was “In Dom we trust.”

Some from the SWSC

Lockport exchanges '19 non-conference week one & two opponents Grandville MI & WW south (both were at home) for Joliet West & Metea Valley...again both at home in weeks one & two..

Lincoln-Way Central drops Richards and Bloomington from '19 and will travel to..Buffalo Grove & Lake Park in weeks one and two..

Andrew drops their week one game in '19 with Kewaskwum, WI and will open the season at home vs Kaneland. Week two they will travel to Oak Forest.

Bolingbrook has dropped Proviso West as their week one opponent in '20, but as of now that is an open date. They will host St Charles North in week two.

Some of the Southwest Prairie Conference schools will not be playing a division crossover in week one, but will be facing schools outside the SWPC..Some of those week one games are..
Argo @ Joliet Central
Joliet West @Lockport
Neuqua Valley @ Oswego
Waubonsie Valley @ Oswego East
Rock Island @ Plainfield Central

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT