ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Season

There are some other teams in 3A that are capable of playing some pretty good baseball boys. In the IHSA format, as you both know, all it takes is to run into one good pitcher. We will see.
Especially 7 inning games and pitch counts. Anything can happen.

Reactions: cocacoaler
MC really struggling out of the gate. Knew it was going to be a rebuilding year but a narrow one run win over Bremen and a loss to Lane Tech is real cause for concern with the hard part of the schedule ahead. Could be a .500 season.

Saw MC Sat. On a positive note I thought Livermore and Howard took huge leaps from last year. Egan, a soph, through 5 scoreless . Really liked him. Tight breaking ball, threw strikes, went right at people.

Looks like Lockport Sandburgand LWE are starting out pretty strong

Reactions: USD24
14-1 St. Rita is in Las Vegas for the Inaugural 2019 All Catholic Classic 2019. They play St. Louis from Hawaii tomorrow. St. Rita has kept under the radar most of the spring. Jalen Greer, a Missouri commit could get drafted fairly high but I like going the college route. Coach Nee says he has a gritty group (Grabowski’s) that grinds out wins. But there a so many good teams in the CCL/ESCC it could be argued it’s more a baseball conference that football.

It’s been a pretty good spring for all of the St. Rita teams. Lacrosse, Water Polo and Volleyball are all ranked teams. Freshman footballer Kaleb Brown has been very impressive during the indoor track season along with relay team.

14-1 St. Rita is in Las Vegas for the Inaugural 2019 All Catholic Classic 2019. They play St. Louis from Hawaii tomorrow. St. Rita has kept under the radar most of the spring. Jalen Greer, a Missouri commit could get drafted fairly high but I like going the college route. Coach Nee says he has a gritty group (Grabowski’s) that grinds out wins. But there a so many good teams in the CCL/ESCC it could be argued it’s more a baseball conference that football.

It’s been a pretty good spring for all of the St. Rita teams. Lacrosse, Water Polo and Volleyball are all ranked teams. Freshman footballer Kaleb Brown has been very impressive during the indoor track season along with relay team.

Providence struggling. Hitting and relief pitching hurting them. Finally got their ASU recruit slugger back in the lineup. Out with hand injury since start of season. Hopefully he will spark team. Starting pitching a strong spot so far. Time will tell

MC really struggling as well in year one without Alek Thomas. Lot of very good juniors and a Sophomore pitcher who is getting great experience but it’s going to be a long year. Pitching isn’t there.

MC really struggling as well in year one without Alek Thomas. Lot of very good juniors and a Sophomore pitcher who is getting great experience but it’s going to be a long year. Pitching isn’t there.
PC 6-5 over MC in first game of home and home. Weather permitting game 2 tomorrow at the Emerald Isle.

From St. Rita twitter page:

The Mustangs (15-1) won in Las Vegas Monday morning 6-3 over a good St. Louis team from Hawaii. Vic Aguilar (4-1) earned the CG win. Matt Dunleavy had a 2-run 2B and Sean McDevitt contributed 2 hits and 2RBIs for the victors.

This morning trailing 1-0 entering the 4th, the Mustangs (16-1) exploded for 10 runs highlighted by 3 bunt hits as they beat Juan Diego (UT) 14-1. Sophomore Big Al Holguin threw a No-Hitter striking out 9 in the 5-inning affair.

St. Rita was rained out yesterday so they play again tonight vs the host school Bishop Gorman.

Why is Marist struggling?
Kid on my block plays for Marist. Dad says pitching is light. Ace is out for the year with an injury. One of their stud hitters hasn’t found his swing yet. I think they’ll be OK come playoff time. I think once the weather warms up consistently you’ll see some better baseball from these teams

StRitaBaseball‏@StRitaBaseball 6h6 hours ago

Leading 3-0 and in control of the game heading to the bottom of the 7th, the Mustangs (16-2) gave up 4 to lose a heartbreaker to host Bishop Gorman 4-3 at The College of Southern Nevada. St. Rita will play Don Bosco Prep (NJ) tomorrow 8am. #SRBaseball
Hats off to SR for playing these top programs! Would be much different if they were playing these schools in football LOL. Bishop Gorman in football...,.ouch!

Baseball really gets the way, way back seat when it comes to Chicago Prep coverage except from Disabota

Reactions: USD24
Hats off to SR for playing these top programs! Would be much different if they were playing these schools in football LOL. Bishop Gorman in football...,.ouch!
I would have no problem playing Bishop Gorman in either weeks one or two if we go to district football. But I am hoping that is overturned if a new vote is taken. SR is locked into games this year to open the season with State Champs JCA, State Semifinalist Richards, State Champs LA, and State Finalist Montini. Tough 1st 4 weeks.

With the realignment of the CCL/ESCC I would rather see MC, SR, BR, and Marist play each other. Since BR and Marist play in the regular season in the future I would love to Marist play MC and SR weeks one and two and see how that plays out. Sort of round robin south side playoff.

If District does go thru the CCL\ESCC merger for the other sports creates on heck of a baseball conference.

I would have no problem playing Bishop Gorman in either weeks one or two if we go to district football. But I am hoping that is overturned if a new vote is taken. SR is locked into games this year to open the season with State Champs JCA, State Semifinalist Richards, State Champs LA, and State Finalist Montini. Tough 1st 4 weeks.

With the realignment of the CCL/ESCC I would rather see MC, SR, BR, and Marist play each other. Since BR and Marist play in the regular season in the future I would love to Marist play MC and SR weeks one and two and see how that plays out. Sort of round robin south side playoff.

If District does go thru the CCL\ESCC merger for the other sports creates on heck of a baseball conference.
CCL/ESCC merged baseball conference would be brutal!

1 Concord 4-0
2 Gorman 3-1
3 StL 3-1
3 SR 3-1
5 Marian 2-2
6 Utah 1-3
8 Hawaii 0-4
8 Bosco 0-4

Last edited:
StRitaBaseball‏@StRitaBaseball

The host Mustangs (18-2, 4-1) beat St. Laurence 8-7 as Luke Napleton drove in Brendan Carrane on a sacrifice fly in the bottom 8th. Matt Callahan tied the game w 2 outs in the bottom of the 7th with a double in the left centerfield gap. #SRBaseball

Two very good teams. Rematch Thursday.

Too bad these 2 won’t have a chance to square off in playoffs! It would be epic
I was told Rita is going to 3A as well, but this is strictly bar stool talk as take it as that. Good for Rita, everyone knew Laurence would be dominant, but Rita wasn’t in too many top 10’s! If Rita is in 3A with Laurence and JCA, then 3A is the top division! Would make things easier on BR to advance since MC is surely in a rebuilding year.

Yes, Rita will be 4A this year. Obviously, it was a big win over St. Laurence, but in a lot of cases, these teams end up splitting the series--something I will take considering SR was underrated this year. Would love to get that #1 seed, though.

I am just glad that Laurence is not in the BR-SR-MC-NAZ-LT regional/sectional this year. However, all teams should not be underestimated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT