ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Game Your Most Looking Forward To......

I think this makes it much easier for another Wilmo I8 title

As far as two smaller conferences, it makes perfect sense. In the 10 team conference situation every team within the conference would not get a chance to play each other since some of the teams have non-con games on their schedule.

Week 2 could be the overall I-8 championship...Wilmo and Manteno are the only schools playing a full round-robin this year, so this could be the game. Of course, not as cool as '14 & '15, when they rolled into week 9 as undefeated small & large champions...

Two divisions of 5 is like kissing your sister...there is no benefit, no automatic bid; unless Wilmo wants to keep it's undefeated conference streak alive for another year...

Herscher & Wilmo haven't played since 2015 when Herscher went to the large division - I remember Stuart killing the Cats' secondary in '15 as the 6'8" monster kept getting huge catches in a too late comeback attempt while the Cats just completely shut down the Tigers rushing attack...Soph game in '14, Herscher sophs only had three decent plays - all long TD passes to Stuart.

Would 3-2 win a 6 team conference? Not doubting you just feeling really lazy today at math lol.

3-2 could win a 6 team conference...This could have been a real issue if the Public League did not have a bunch of their conferences ineligible for the playoffs...the current howling about districts or playoff expansion would have already been solved if 3-2 CPL champs, 3-6 overall were getting slaughtered 70-0 at half of first round playoff games...And I felt sorry for 5-4 Corliss a couple of years ago going to Wilmo, where the Cats ran the first play at Corliss' All-State D-lineman (who was pushed 10+ yards off the line of scrimmage on a single block) for an untouched 70ish yard TD on the way to running clock before half...

3-2 could win a 6 team conference...This could have been a real issue if the Public League did not have a bunch of their conferences ineligible for the playoffs...the current howling about districts or playoff expansion would have already been solved if 3-2 CPL champs, 3-6 overall were getting slaughtered 70-0 at half of first round playoff games...And I felt sorry for 5-4 Corliss a couple of years ago going to Wilmo, where the Cats ran the first play at Corliss' All-State D-lineman (who was pushed 10+ yards off the line of scrimmage on a single block) for an untouched 70ish yard TD on the way to running clock before half...

I was at that game. I had never seen a CPL school play in person before so wanted to go check it out even though I knew it would be a bloodbath. Probably the worst team I have seen. I think a few of their wins were forfeits when their opponents didn’t show up, but I cannot imagine how bad the teams they beat were.

Week 2, August 31, Leo at De La Salle.

For the first time since the end of the '16 season, De La Salle truly will be at home. The Rita people treated us wonderfully and were excellent hosts last season, but we were on 79th and Western.

New turf, new stadium, the CTA Green Line rumbling by on the other side of the parking lot, people getting on and off the train at 35th, fireworks from Sox Park in the distance.

Back at 3434 S. Michigan. Our house. Let's go!

Week 2, August 31, Leo at De La Salle.

For the first time since the end of the '16 season, De La Salle truly will be at home. The Rita people treated us wonderfully and were excellent hosts last season, but we were on 79th and Western.

New turf, new stadium, the CTA Green Line rumbling by on the other side of the parking lot, people getting on and off the train at 35th, fireworks from Sox Park in the distance.

Back at 3434 S. Michigan. Our house. Let's go!
Good luck this season Meteors!!! Always was my favorite place to play other than Wilmette.

In CPS week 3 Simeon vs Phillips aka the unofficial Public League Championship. Alante Brown (Michigan State commit) is an absolute monster in the open field.

In CPS week 3 Simeon vs Phillips aka the unofficial Public League Championship. Alante Brown (Michigan State commit) is an absolute monster in the open field.
Phillips by 3 TD’s, at least.

What game is it?

For your team or any interesting matchups?

I tend to really like the non-conference matchups between teams who never or rarely play against each other.

I look forward to HC at NC to open the season. I am glad we aren't playing Saint Xavier this year, but I doubt HC would have scheduled NC had it not been for the breakup of the DVC. I would also like us to play one DVC and DuKane team annually.

I am also really interested in seeing how the new DuKane Conference shapes up.

Maine West @ Hersey in Week #4.... should be a great CSL- MSL crossover between two 2017 playoff teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT