ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Game Your Most Looking Forward To......

Wassup13

Nov 9, 2002
What game is it?

For your team or any interesting matchups?

I tend to really like the non-conference matchups between teams who never or rarely play against each other.

Season opener...Morris visits Coal City for the first ever football matchup between neighboring schools....Last years 4A runner-up at this year's I-8 likely favorite...

Reactions: CCfan
Reavis vs TF North.Coach Z returns against his old team
I saw a Reavis game a couple seasons ago to witness a marginally-unsportsmanlike pre-game spectacle directed at the opposing team in the center of the field by Coach Z. I came to learn such is supposedly a weekly fall occurrence. I wonder if such continues and/or TF North will be spared?

Reactions: mullin17
I saw a Reavis game a couple seasons ago to witness a marginally-unsportsmanlike pre-game spectacle directed at the opposing team in the center of the field by Coach Z. I came to learn such is supposedly a weekly fall occurrence. I wonder if such continues and/or TF North will be spared?
I love the Rams but have heard some stories which I can't share on here.I know exactly what you're talking about.

Reactions: mullin17

Doubtful.

LW Central @ Richards in Week 1 is an interesting pairing for the Southland.

Thornridge
Maybe a Game of the Week candidate for broadcast? Little can match a trip to Dolton in October/Week 7. Maybe 25 suited up for T-ridge by that time in the season? Lots of tough challenges in that job down there. They could use a conference (district?) change-of-scenery ASAP.

Maybe a Game of the Week candidate for broadcast? Little can match a trip to Dolton in October/Week 7. Maybe 25 suited up for T-ridge by that time in the season? Lots of tough challenges in that job down there. They could use a conference (district?) change-of-scenery ASAP.
Could be a better game than you expect. Lot of question marks in Red & Black

Could be a better game than you expect. Lot of question marks in Red & Black
I would have to wonder if the question marks for the Red & Black include "Who is going to show up for practice Mondays - Wednesdays of game weeks?"

Loyola vs New Trier
Maine South vs Mt Carmel
Naz vs Lake Zurich
Naperville Central vs Lincoln Way East.

Week 2 I think for all of these. Great games to choose from and I’m sure I’m missing a lot more

What game is it?

For your team or any interesting matchups?

I tend to really like the non-conference matchups between teams who never or rarely play against each other.
What game is it?

oddly, i'm going with NND vz Naz. I think its great that NND has stepped up it's game, improving the ESCC, which in my opinion, will be the strongest conference this season with a very good Naz and NND, good marist, with JCA and Benet in the mix.

One more season, then off to the Southland to play Sat afternoon games....

One more season, then off to the Southland to play Sat afternoon games....
Has this finally become the gospel truth, because official confirmation of this conference shifting has been hard to come by? Many of the student-athletes and coaches in most of the D205 athletic programs have been held hostage the last several years by decisions from the top fitted to a certain social-political agenda preventing this move to increase participation and chances for success, both of which go hand-in-hand.

I heard from some AD's that D205 is indeed heading to the Southland.

Yes I heard official as well, although for some reason we won't see anything in print from either conference. Which is dumb. Just make the announcement, then start figuring out how the new conference will work for all sports.

Yes I heard official as well, although for some reason we won't see anything in print from either conference. Which is dumb. Just make the announcement, then start figuring out how the new conference will work for all sports.
In more than this instance we have seen the SWSC behave like the Dept. of Justice in withholding information. Let them get in touch with one of the willing and eager sportswriters for the Southtown, SunTimes or Tribune to lay out the facts and get the info out there. I cannot understand the big secrecy in matters like this.

I don't see the big deal, if they're gone they'll be gone. If not they'll be there.

This thread is about games we're looking forward to.

I'm biased to ESCC football so I gotta say I am really excited for Nazareth versus Marist. These two teams basically ran the conference last 5 or so years and think winner of this game wins conference again. Match up between Nazareths Love defending Marists Jadon Thompson will be crazy good.

Need A good week 6 Game on Fri Sept 28th to see. Any suggestions??

Herscher at Wilmington...Interesting to see the I-8 has settled on 2 five team divisions instead of one 10...

That will be a fun game with conference championship implications on the line for sure. I think this makes it much easier for another Wilmo I8 title than having one big title mostly because I see CC as their biggest obstacle.

As far as two smaller conferences, it makes perfect sense. In the 10 team conference situation every team within the conference would not get a chance to play each other since some of the teams have non-con games on their schedule.

Odds are it wouldn’t have mattered anyway since it looked like most of the big dogs play each other, but hey you never know right?

Reactions: PanthersWildcats86
However......now it is possible that winning the conference does not guarantee a playoff berth since it must be a conference of at least 6 teams. Again I don’t think that will happen since I’m predicting Wilmo/CC as their division’s respective champions and I’m sure that they both will have 6+ wins.

Question though, since math and thinking is hurting a little extra this Monday morning....is it possible to win your 6 team conference with a record of 4-5 and make the playoffs still? I wanna say that happened a few years back.

However......now it is possible that winning the conference does not guarantee a playoff berth since it must be a conference of at least 6 teams. Again I don’t think that will happen since I’m predicting Wilmo/CC as their division’s respective champions and I’m sure that they both will have 6+ wins.

Question though, since math and thinking is hurting a little extra this Monday morning....is it possible to win your 6 team conference with a record of 4-5 and make the playoffs still? I wanna say that happened a few years back.

if i'm reading this question correctly, then yes, 4-1 in conference play would get you in the big show. a handful of teams have been 4-5 and made the playoffs.

if you want another head scratcher 3-2(3-6 overall) could win your conference and through tiebreakers can get you in the playoffs.

Last edited:
if i'm reading this question correctly, then yes, 4-1 in conference play would get you in the big show. a handful of teams have been 4-5 and made the playoffs.

if you want another head scratcher 3-2(3-6 overall) could win your conference and through tiebreakers can get you in the playoffs.

Would 3-2 win a 6 team conference? Not doubting you just feeling really lazy today at math lol. Too many poolside drinks yesterday.

5 team conferences do not get a playoff berth per ihsa website.

Would 3-2 win a 6 team conference? Not doubting you just feeling really lazy today at math lol. Too many poolside drinks yesterday.

5 team conferences do not get a playoff berth per ihsa website.
not being a jerk here, but are you counting your team as the 6th school? you'd only play 5 teams in a 6 team conference.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT