ADVERTISEMENT

Worst Football Movie of All-Time

DeanOfSelection

Gold Member
Sep 25, 2002
I think I have seen it recently with Draft Day. Really non-realistic plot. Contains many continuity errors as well such as:

-an owner would not present a draft pick with a jersey. That is Commissioner Goodell who does that

-The Browns owner could not get from Radio City Music Hall in NY after the 1st pick and be in Cleveland at Browns offices before the 6th selection! Its impossible!!!

-They announce Callahan as the 2014 Heisman winner but it is the 2014 draft HENCE he is the 2013 winner

-The scout sheet has Callahan's bday listed in 88 but the staff member says he is 21-WRONG!

-a WI-Ohio St game would happen at the earliest in Sept and Costner says that Vontae's sister passed away 6 months later. Well that's March/April around draft time you would she recently passed away

-Also just because Dener has an all pro QB in Matt Harrod doesn't mean they wouldn't draft Callahan and trade rights to another franchise!

I want to point out that Fri night Lights deviates from what happened in the book. They never made it to the title game. they lost in semi 14-9.

Worst:
Brian's Song, the remake. Absolutely no good reason to remake this.
Remember the Titans. Garbage. Totally over-stated the race issue. Of course, if you want a "critically acclaimed" movie, just throw the race issue in there and wait for the awards to pile up. Plus, to teach us all how open minded they were, they make the quarterback gay.
Best:
Knute Rockne, starred real-life college football player Ronald Reagan as the Gipper. Trouble Along the Way, starring John Wayne, another college football player, was quality as well.
Leatherheads, Rudy and Gus.

If Gus were remade today, I'd advise them to make it about America overcoming our innate bias (and our species-phobia) against a mule and an undocumented immigrant.

The worst - wow lots of choices but Draft Day near the top. The best, it's a tradition I watch Varsity Blues the night before each HS football season. Billy Bob baby!

my one issue with the first U-which they rectified in 2nd one-is they made it seem like Butch Davis was some bum who ran program into the ground when in fact he resurrected it and left Coker with best talent a team has ever seen.

Last edited:
Starting Defense! Place at the Table!

Any Given Sunday is worst, followed by Necessary Roughness

Oh I don't know. I thought Wildcats was pretty funny... especially with "Finch." I always thought that guy, number 76 at H-F, during the 06 and 07 seasons resembled Finch. I think that kid from H-F was about 6-7 and weighed about 350 or so.

The Replacements. Also, Wildcats is a classic - you should have your head examined.

The Replacements is so terrible also. I will give Keanu a pass though since he was so good as Johnny Utah in Point Break

The Replacements. Also, Wildcats is a classic - you should have your head examined.
yeah...Goldie Hawn as a football coach. I think my head is perfectly nomal.

The only redeeming quality of the movie is that they used Lane Tech Stadium.

I don't know how I missed this...The Replacements is a great movie. Shane Falco? C'mon! Gene Hackman? C'mon! Tell me the QB Martel doesn't remind you of Cutler? C'mon!

All The Right Moves...still to this day the best football of all time. I know that's no the title of this thread I'm just saying.

Necessary Roughness was horrible, but any time Adam Sandler makes himself a QB, you know it is going to be horrific, so I'll go with Longest Yard

All... Remember Reeves love interest in the Replacements. A quick story on her and I believe it. I worked with a guy in Springfield for awhile (used to live in Kankakee) that played for Coach Z at Mac. We were talking about that movie one day and he told me he got with her (not in the biblical sense and both were young) but the next best thing in the short time she was in Illinois before moving on. I think but not really positive he told me at that time she was living in HHSTigers town.... Go figure. Ratsy

Our whole soph team went to see the Program at the theatre. Of course, we went 9-0 that year.

North Dallas Forty. Best football movie ever.

Any Given Sunday. Worst.

I don't know how I missed this...The Replacements is a great movie. Shane Falco? C'mon! Gene Hackman? C'mon! Tell me the QB Martel doesn't remind you of Cutler? C'mon!

All The Right Moves...still to this day the best football of all time. I know that's no the title of this thread I'm just saying.
6-2 Stack Monster

Worst FB movie ever is without a doubt "Johnny be Good" staring Anthony Michael Hall and Robert Downey Jr. We're supposed to believe that Hall, and 5'6" 130 pound non athletic kid is the #1 football prospect in the country. Horrible movie.

Reactions: CoachHansen05
Worst FB movie ever is without a doubt "Johnny be Good" staring Anthony Michael Hall and Robert Downey Jr. We're supposed to believe that Hall, and 5'6" 130 pound non athletic kid is the #1 football prospect in the country. Horrible movie.
I totally forgot about that one. Good call.

Heaven Can Wait.
Although it was made in '77 and had the Rams playing the Steelers in the Super Bowl -- those two teams actually met in the Super Bowl in '80.

Heaven Can Wait.
Although it was made in '77 and had the Rams playing the Steelers in the Super Bowl -- those two teams actually met in the Super Bowl in '80.

That movie was nominated for an Oscar for Best Picture, Warren Beatty was nominated for best actor and Dyan Cannon for best supporting actress

Friday Night Lights, but series was better. I watched the series first and could not make it through the movie. Longest Yard remake.

ADVERTISEMENT