ADVERTISEMENT

Who's going to win the CCL bLUE

For MC that would be quite a jump. Finished dead last in 2014. Also the incoming juniors had ZERO up as sophs and lost to Laurence as frosh. dark days on horizon.

Last edited:
Mt Carmel, but you really never know in Blue, so much parity.
TPF - this is the one year in the history i've been around where I actually disagree with that statement.

MC is the HEAVY favorite in the CCL this season. HEAVY.

When u consider that 6-3 frosh record for seniors is the worst at MC since the 70s and the juniors first MC level to lose to Laurence since 87-probable last place again.

Isn't Rice due to win one of these years? I have been told about their great Frosh classes for at least four years now.

Early Prediction
Loyola (Just cause it seems they never lose to MC)
MC
Rice
PC
Rita

When u consider that 6-3 frosh record for seniors is the worst at MC since the 70s and the juniors first MC level to lose to Laurence since 87-probable last place again.
Nice try Dean...pretty sure in an earlier thread you have the Caravan as the #2 team in the pre-season poll!

Isn't Rice due to win one of these years? I have been told about their great Frosh classes for at least four years now.

Early Prediction
Loyola (Just cause it seems they never lose to MC)
MC
Rice
PC
Rita
Rice won the blue last year they were tied with PC and I think that they will repeat that feat this year. The qb play will be greatly improved while there will be a drop off in the run game I think that it will still be solid and the defense will be improved

Think the blue is once again is up for grabs again this year. Last year I said if the PC offensive line could step up they would win. This year I think it will again come down to PC and BR but like I said it's anyone's conference to win

Think the blue is once again is up for grabs again this year. Last year I said if the PC offensive line could step up they would win. This year I think it will again come down to PC and BR but like I said it's anyone's conference to win
chitown -- so what phase(s) of the game do you think PC and BR outmatch MC?

Fill in blanks but records will go as last year

1 3-1
1 3-1
3 2-2
4 1-3
4 1-3

*Catholic League does not have tie breakers ie last year PC BR both 3-1 both "champs" even though PC beating BR 45-42

Fill in blanks but records will go as last year

1 3-1
1 3-1
3 2-2
4 1-3
4 1-3

*Catholic League does not have tie breakers ie last year PC BR both 3-1 both "champs" even though PC beating BR 45-42

It is kind of like how Hillcrest brags about their 30 consecutive conference titles in basketball but a few years go tied Lemont but lost to them head to head. In the everyone gets a trophy society both were viewed as co champs.

last MC v LA
14 MC 10-7
13 LA 24-17
12 LA 30-27 OT
11 LA 12-7
10 MC 30-24 OT

no way MC wins 28-6. Couldn't even beat them with the stockpile of talent they had in 12-13

Should be another great game.
10440755_870985026268694_8261782022165877634_n.jpg

PC and BR have the 2 best players in the ccl in smalling and warfield. They also each have at least ten starters returning. PC also has a big time jr wr in martez malone And the jr and Sr combined have only lost to mc 1 time in their high school careers.

PC and BR have the 2 best players in the ccl in smalling and warfield. They also each have at least ten starters returning. PC also has a big time jr wr in martez malone And the jr and Sr combined have only lost to mc 1 time in their high school careers.
I agree btw. But I do think BR will finish ahead of PC.

Rice won the blue last year they were tied with PC and I think that they will repeat that feat this year. The qb play will be greatly improved while there will be a drop off in the run game I think that it will still be solid and the defense will be improved
Who is the QB that the play will be greatly improved? They have a good WR but they will need to run the ball. The big question is what do they have on their lines? You need to have solid line play on both sides of the ball to win CCL Blue.

Chi-rish:

I think in 2016 PC is the favorite in Blue. That year I cant wait to see Montini in 7A with them.

Who is the QB that the play will be greatly improved? They have a good WR but they will need to run the ball. The big question is what do they have on their lines? You need to have solid line play on both sides of the ball to win CCL Blue.
The qb's name is Cam Miller he is definitely a better passer then last years qb and the running will be solid with Taylor back there running the ball. He played quite a bit last season

now who am I but some guy at the Rice scrimmage watching no clue about anything/blowhard but it appeared to me he was a way better fit for their system then previous qb. taller, better field vision, a pure passer , more like previous qb from Linus

now who am I but some guy at the Rice scrimmage watching no clue about anything/blowhard but it appeared to me he was a way better fit for their system then previous qb. taller, better field vision, a pure passer , more like previous qb from Linus
He is a better fit Dean .Ran the O on the soph level very effectivley

Loyola. Apparently, MC leading rusher AJ Lewis is not gonna play football this season.

MC is still ok has 1,000 yard rusher Ries back. Also, im assuming soph up who is awesome and 2 good juniors although the word I got Saturday was 1 of them being converted to a corner because he is tall.

I'm all for it, with no problem. The road will be obnoxiously difficult, but if they have a small taste of success, it can only help on many levels. Now if we could just commit to a full sport schedule to the CCL and GCAC, I would be very pleased.

what are odds LWeastDad will be at Joliet this weekend wearing green cheering on the Celtics??!!! a million to 1?

Reactions: chief1968
ADVERTISEMENT