ADVERTISEMENT

What playoff streaks may end this season?

mc140

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Will set the parameters at minimum of 5 years in a row without missing.

Reading some of the doom and gloom in other thread about Boylan had me look them up. Haven't missed since the 1990 season. Anyone got someone else?

Reading some of the doom and gloom in other thread about Boylan had me look them up. Haven't missed since the 1990 season. Anyone got someone else?

If I were a betting man, I'd say the CPS teams. The way the financial situation is working itself out - the schools are screaming about their cuts - I see nothing but problems for the sports programs. Or should I say: sports programs other than basketball. Since that's the only one that counts to those schools.
So that would be roughly: Harper, Simeon, MP and Payton.

And some other guy around here says SR - but I see them going a solid 5-4 and getting in. There is some very solid talent at that school to discount them.

If I were a betting man, I'd say the CPS teams. The way the financial situation is working itself out - the schools are screaming about their cuts - I see nothing but problems for the sports programs. Or should I say: sports programs other than basketball. Since that's the only one that counts to those schools.
So that would be roughly: Harper, Simeon, MP and Payton.

And some other guy around here says SR - but I see them going a solid 5-4 and getting in. There is some very solid talent at that school to discount them.

Only a handful of CPS teams make it. You really thing Simeon and Phillips won't make the playoffs?

Only a handful of CPS teams make it. You really thing Simeon and Phillips won't make the playoffs?

Well if they start out slow they could be in trouble due to likely teachers strike coming in late September.

MC140,

Re a strike in CPS, do you think the teachers will even step foot in the classroom without a contract? As I understand from a friend in the district there is no contract in place, and the mayor is in no hurry to change his stance about a 7% pay cut and removal of medical benefits in retirement. No contract, no pay, I don't see how they even step foot in the classroom.

MC140,

Re a strike in CPS, do you think the teachers will even step foot in the classroom without a contract? As I understand from a friend in the district there is no contract in place, and the mayor is in no hurry to change his stance about a 7% pay cut and removal of medical benefits in retirement. No contract, no pay, I don't see how they even step foot in the classroom.

They would if they thought possitive negotiations were taking place. That doesn't sound like it's happening at all right now though.

MC140,

They still get paid if they don't strike, just don't get their raises without a new contract. They will wait until end of September so kids get back in school routine which will piss the parents off even more and put pressure on Rahm to settle.

They still get paid if they don't strike, just don't get their raises without a new contract. They will wait until end of September so kids get back in school routine which will piss the parents off even more and put pressure on Rahm to settle.
I believe they just work under the old contract without their yearly % raise or at least that is how my wife's district worked.

From my understanding CPS previous contract paid teachers over 20 pay periods instead over 26 which means they didn't receive pay checks over the summer. I assume at minimum they want to get back to work to get a couple of paychecks before they strike.

I thought MC's was coming to an end last year after week 8. This year maybe The Beloved?

MC140,

Knowing and having talked to several teachers in CPS the strike will happen in late September or early October

Unless the Nic-10 is strong this year(hold for laughter....) I don't see Boylan missing the playoffs this year. I could of sworn they missed a year in the 2000's under Appino...

Unless the Nic-10 is strong this year(hold for laughter....) I don't see Boylan missing the playoffs this year. I could of sworn they missed a year in the 2000's under Appino...

word around the NIC 10 is Auburn is the favorite to win the conference. Then you have the powerhouses of Hononegah and Harlem who will always be powerful. Then you will have a good Belvidere team that will be a top 4 team this year. These 4 teams will have 6 wins most likely. Then there's Boylan and Guilford. From what I have heard is the juniors and seniors from Boylan are not as powerful as most teams from Boylan. As for Guilford I really never hear how their team will be. if I was Boylan I would pretty much guarantee a playoff season if they beat Belvidere week 1. If they don't they still have a chance but it will be with a 5-4 record at best. So as of now the NIC 10 will have 6 teams fighting for 5-4 and that's not counting North who is going to old school football with the double wing this year. If they can run that very well year 1 maybe Boylan will be looking at a 3-6 record at the least. So Boylan has two key games this year week 1 when they Host Belvidere and week 5 when they host Guilford. They lose both games they start out 0-5 and the season is over. But like every year teams have to play the games to determine the outcome. Who knows maybe we will get a surprise from Freeport, East, or Jefferson.

One of Appinos years in 2000-2005 was bad. And, I think Boylan still finds a way to go 5-4. The conference is pretty poor, and I don't think Boylan has gone that far down. Just a matter that they are no longer a 9-0, 8-1 type team anymore and everyone is overstating it (and partly happy to see it in the Stateline). Imagine that East, Jefferson, and Freeport are W's, and North, Belvidere, Guilford are games that will determine what happens with the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT